rp4643
Well this day has come. Bolo will cross the rainbow bridge tomorrow morning at 11am MST in the comforts of her home. 
I had Bolo 12 wonderful years. She has a unique personality and was always willing to provide people with her love. 
Dog ownership is wonderful but its days like this I just dont know. It hurts so bad. I know she will be fine in her after life and she knows she was loved more then anything but it still hurts like nothing else.
Please say prayers for her and me tomorrow at 11am MST.

Bolo is the brown dog in the photo... RIP my best friend!!!
Thanks goodness for these support forums.

Rob
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
Rob   I am so very sorry to hear about tomorrow.  It is so nice when the Vet can come to your home.  Bolo will feel comfortable in her own surroundings, with her family all around her. I looked into a vet home visit, but they were booked for about 2 weeks here in my area. 

I wish you luck tomorrow.  Prayers to you and yours....
Susan
Quote 0 0
ArielDad
We had to put our 13 year old girl down today. We've had 2 dogs in our family- our 15 year old boy died two years ago. I don't think I can do this again. I will be thinking and praying for you and Bolo.
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
Bolo is a beautiful girl! I am so, so sorry for what you are going through! I still remember the night before we had to let Bailey go back in November - like it was yesterday. I think it's the most pain I have ever felt!
It's wonderful that you have arranged for Bolo to cross in the comfort of her own home. Like Susan, I wasn't able to arrange it because the vet needed more notice and we just couldn't let him suffer but my husband and I were with him and it was peaceful.
It makes me feel so sad to think of how you are feeling tonight. You will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers!!
ArielDad, I am so very sorry for your loss as well!
Hugs to you both!!
MJ
Quote 0 0
Lisac
Praying for you and your little friend
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
Rob, I am so very sorry, Bolo looks a beautiful girl. As you say, owning a dog is the greatest thing, but on days like this its so very hard. I`m just glad Bolo will be in her own home, surrounded by everything she knows. 
 We lost our 17 year old dog Jim last December, unfortunately we had no choice other than to go to the vets, as it was a Sunday, but he passed peacefully as my husband & I held him.
  My thoughts will be with you.
                                                  Peace & Hugs, Jackie
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
Baumert81
I am sending prayers and comfort to you and your family! My little buddy was taken away suddenly when he was hit by a car march 1st. Take comfort knowing you are doing the right thing here. Saying goodbye to our fur babies is never easy, but I would have given anything to have the opportunity to say goodbye to my buddy. I believe he died in my arms and I was too invested in keeping him alive with cpr to notice he was letting go. I will pray for you today!
Hogans Daddy
Quote 0 0
GunnersMama
I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet girl Bolo. It is never an easy decision to help your friend cross the bridge. We had to do that with one of our dogs a few years ago but we knew we were doing the right thing for him because of his failing health. It doesn't make it any easier or hurt any less. Bolo knows that you have and will always love her. She will always be with you. I'm sending prayers your way for you and Bolo.
Quote 0 0
et61
"Dog ownership is wonderful but its days like this I just dont know. It hurts so bad. I know she will be fine in her after life and she knows she was loved more then anything but it still hurts like nothing else".

I totally agree with you - any kind of animal ownership is wonderful but this part really hurts and sometimes makes me question having any more animals. I've lost a lot of animals and had to put several down due to illness. I'm sorry that you have to make this choice and how much it hurts. I lost my last animal, Sweetie, to an illness and it breaks my heart that I will never see him again. It was horrible to have it happen expectantly too. I had to put down my two 15 year old shelties and it broke my heart. Never an easy decision but we have to do what's best for them, not us. Hugs to you.
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
Rob  My prayers and thoughts are with you today.  You loved Bolo too much to let her suffer.  Be easy on yourself.   Sue
Susan
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
Hi Rob,
I just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers on this oh, so difficult day.
MJ
Quote 0 0
rp4643
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BOLO002/Resident.htm
Rob
Quote 0 0