phalaris14
Well, here I am exactly two years to the day. Experiencing the loss of Lady has been a rough journey. Those first days/ weeks of being in shock and the overbearing feeling of loss were so completely unbearable that I wouldn't wish it on anyone. It was like a nightmare that wouldn't end.My finding this site is what saved me. It certainly helped knowing that I was not alone and what I was experiencing was a natural part of the grieving process. The people here are wonderful. I still miss my beloved Lady very much. There are even days that I forget to remember her... which saddens me.  I have to admit, it has been a terrible two years. Yet, in certain ways, I am a better person now than I was back then. A year ago, I never would have written this to a complete stranger .... much less admit crying in public about a dog. My dog's passing has given me compassion; and for that I am thankful. It is yet another way my precious Lady has added to my life. Only recently have I begun to smile more than feel sad in remembering Lady. 
 For all the people that are new to this site... my prayers are with you. Come here often and interact with others. Trust me... it does help. For all the people that reached out to me.... I owe you a very special THANKS. You helped get me through one of the most difficult times in my life... and for that I will be forever grateful. And to Ginny Brancato... I owe the deepest debt of gratitude. Thank you so very much for starting this site. You will never truly know how much this site gives back to people. I am a much better person today because of your efforts. Thank you so much !!!
                       Love,
                  Bret merideth
[image]
Quote 0 0
Sampson
Hello Bret, My deepest condolences on the loss of your beloved Lady. She was a beautiful girl. It really resonated with me when you described Lady's loss as a nightmare that wouldn't end. That's how I felt when I had to have Sampson pts. It was a nightmare. I don't remember much about it, just sheer agony. It's so nice that you can look back and realize that this made you a better person. I think they did that for all of us. I agree about this site. It's helped me so much just reading others stories and posting, interacting with people who loved their pets as much as me. Not everyone does unfortunately. I agree this forum is an amazing place.
Take Care Bret on this 2 year anniversary!
Sam
Quote 0 0
GREGG
AM SO SORRY FOR LADY PASSING. I HAVE LOST THE LOVE OF MY LIFE ALSO IN MY K9 CALLED COLLETTE. THIS SITE IS SO AWESOME 165394318956B1E3F5 1 1 (5).png
WILLIAM G. LAWSON
Quote 0 0
Chinadoll
Bret, thank you for your kind words. Your post is very touching. You managed to say some things that I have been feeling for awhile. In your first year post you said ''You will never realize how much joy I received just watching you sleep'. I must have told my wife that very thing dozens of times about China, I use to lay beside her and listen to her breath and watch her sleep, it was the most wonderful feeling, I would just 'look' at her for long periods of time sleeping. Loved it. I've often said they leave us with a gift, something that will last our lifetime. Like you, I'm more compassionate, more understanding of what grief really is, my heart is softer, I love all of God's creations, I try to do good things as much as possible, I simply care more. This is the gift they can leave us, this is permanent, we are changed for life. I'm glad to hear you smile more when you think of Lady, I'm trying hard to get to that point. Yes, this place here, is a blessing. I often say it's a place where I can rest my heart, let my emotions flow, ease the pain. I don't know what I would have done if not for the friends I have met here. I'm about a year behind you, my 1st-year anniversary with China is coming soon, I'm nervous, my emotions are breaking again. But this is where I can find help, from words like you wrote. Blessings to you and your sweet Lady.
Charlie
Quote 0 0
LUCYLULU

Oh Bret~

It is a milestone to get to the 2 year anniversary of losing our special babies. For me, approaching the 1 year & 2 year anniversaries was very emotional because I let myself go back to the final days. But the difference was much like you describe. After 2 years, I can remember my Lucy with more smiles instead of overwhelming sadness. But I think I will always wish I could hold her 'just one more time'.

I remember Lady well from her pictures & your loving words. And I remember 'Blemie's Last Will'-- Eugene O'Neil-- because I read it over & over many times. Thank you again for posting it. I hope that Lady comes to your dreams and sends you 'signs' & moments just to reassure you that she is with you always. Do you have Bull?  Hope so. Maybe Lady will send you a 'poke' to let you know that Bull is 'A-ok'.  

Take Care,
Kasey

Quote 0 0
normsmom
This post is exactly what I needed to read today. I lost my boy on November 10th. Today would have been his 12th birthday. It is still unbearable, but becoming a little less so with each passing day (which also makes me sad). This forum is a blessing. 
Quote 0 0