sarahgiambrone
Today was a sad day. To say goodbye to Sebastian was one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do. I know in my heart we did the right thing but it still hurts like hell. Sebastian James was one of those dogs that would never lay down. He was always hungry and always ready for a walk or to chase a ball. Rocks were another favorite. I’ll never forget that look on the vet’s face when he looked in his mouth and couldn’t figure out why his teeth were so worn down. He could carry one rock 3 miles on the trail only stopping a few times to drop the rock, pant, and pick it up again. LOL! A dog like him comes around once in a lifetime. I’m so glad he chose us to spend his 13 and almost a half years with.

I can already see him chasing his favorite tennis ball again...
Quote 0 0
Purzel
Sarah,

I thought of you today and just now read your post. I am so sorry for your loss of such a sweet lovely guy - you have made the very loving decision to set his soul free. I can imagine how much this hurts now and my heart goes out to you.

Rocks? What a "special" hobby of him, lol. The always hungry I can confirm having had a Lab as well.

Just take your time to grieve, it will take a while. Good you came here, we all understand, are willing to listen and give you every possible comfort.

If you feel ready, tell us some more about sweet Sebastian James.

I send you some heartfelt hugs

Silvia (with Max forever in my heart)

[hundi]

Quote 0 0
Mackysmum
Your Sebastian sounds like a funny little boy my macky had lots if funny ways about him that really set him apart from other dogs . We couldn't ever forget them
I'm guessing your guy was a huge personality in your house , my boy was to and its such a massive loss , so quiet now as his personality was so big and he was so funny and kooky.
I'm sorry you lost such a beautiful soul , i hope in time you can smile instead of be sad
It's a tough road this grief , a testament to how much we loved them how much they are now missed .
I'm sure they still hear us its a bond that cannot break even after they have passed over
Quote 0 0
sarahgiambrone
Waking up this morning without Sebastian seemed to finalize his death... I miss him so much...

I still have Tate and I love him so very much. I’m worried he’s sad too. We took him to the beach yesterday after we said goodbye to sebbie. He liked that a lot but you can tell he’s wondering when Sebastian is coming home.
Quote 0 0
Purzel
I can relate very well to the first day without your beloved Sebastian and it will take some time. Sebastian was a family member for such a long time, how could you not miss him. It is good you have Tate around to comfort you and you to comfort him. What a lovely picture! Thank you for sharing.

I hope your days will get better as time goes as it does get easier in time.

Hugs
Silvia (with Max forever in my heart)

[hundi]

Quote 0 0
sarahgiambrone
Strange sitting here wondering where he is. I’ve never been a religious person. I always assumed when you die you’re just gone but then I’ve been lucky enough to have never lost somebody as close as Sebastian was to me. Now I can’t help pray there’s a heaven...

Remembering his face panting at me and then just falling. it seems to keep going through my mind. To be here one second and then so gone the next seems so unbelievable to me.
Quote 0 0