LizH
I am very thankful to have found a place to share my thoughts and read other people's touching posts as today I have lost not just a cat but a family member. I did not know how gut-wrenchingly awful of an experience this would be. I was very fortunate to never have to put down any of my previous pets. My cat Tigger was the absolute best cat in the world. I got him for my 8th birthday. A man my mom worked with had a feral cat which had a litter of kittens in a wood pile and was trying to get them homes. I was so excited that there was an orange kitten (for some reason I was very pressed on getting an orange cat) and when I saw him, eyes still closed, I couldn't wait to get him. Weeks later on my birthday I was able to pick him up. He was the cutest little guy and buried his head right in the crease of my arm. We had a barn and knew that he would be an indoor/outdoor cat- and that's exactly what he became. He had the neatest personality and he was huge! Not overweight- just very large- he reminded my mom and I of a lion and we called him the king of the jungle. He lived a wonderful life for 15 and half years and frankly I am heart broken he did not live longer. Thyroid issues and most recently a terrible mouth cancer debilitated him. Though in terrible pain he rarely showed it. My mom and I knew it was the best thing to have Tigger put down because he was not meant to live on in pain and such a terrible/worsening state. My memories of him will always be ones of joy. I will forever remember his meow and purr. He came when called like a dog. He loved laying on our back deck in the sun and drinking water from our fish pond. He was extremely loving and like the typical orange tabby-very easy going. Today was horrible-once I knew his soul and spirit were gone., I looked up an asked him to please stay close and always stay with me. May God bless Tigger. Please take his pain and illness away, make him young and healthy and right back to doing what he loves. May Tigger be reunited with loved ones both pets and people that have passed until we meet again. Love you my sweet boy- no cat will ever compare or replace you. It was an absolute honor to have you be a part of my family and my life. You meant the world to me and represented so much in my life. You are mine and I am yours forever. I will cherish you in my heart and mind. I love you my angel. See you soon sweet boy.
Quote 0 0
Katel
What a wonderful kitty Tigger sounded.  It's obvious he was surrounded with love and you proved that by ending his pain, but your suffering would begin.  I'm so sorry.  When that awful time comes we
have no choice.  He will always be close to you never fear, and he is happy again, young and
healthy playing with all our babies across the bridge. You have so many memories of him, going right back to when he was a little kitten, and one day when the rawness of grief is easier you will smile
at these memories.  Perhaps you might post a photograph of him here some time, he sounds a truly beautiful boy.
May you find peace and healing in time
Kate 
Quote 0 0
LizH
Kate thank you so much for your kind words. I was great to express myself and hopefully Tigger heard/felt my thoughts and prayers for him last night. I remind myself that he is no longer suffering and is in a wonderful paradise and that's what I want for him. I tried to post a picture but I was having hard time- otherwise I would have posted a couple! I read your posts about your sweet Charlotte and Danny and the way you wrote about your experiences brought tears to my eyes because I felt very much the same yesterday. As much as I prepared myself for putting him down- I was an absolute wreck when it happened and was almost in shock. That's the downside of having pets and loving them so much. Know that your babies are still with you too and will protect you always. You having Danny and Charlotte and me having Tigger made us stronger/ better people for sure! Thank you again. It really meant a lot!
Quote 0 0