TigerCat
I was hesitant about sharing here because I can't think about my little boy without losing it.  But I found sharing helpful 5 years ago when I lost the first pet I'd ever really had, Princess. 

Yesterday my little boy, an orange tabby cat, passed very suddenly.  He was the sweetest, gentlest boy and the first cat in my life.  I decided when going away to grad school that an easy going pet, such as a cat would be a good companion and a friend to come home to.  The moment I picked him out of the cage at the shelter he curled up in my lap and I knew he was mine. 

About 5 months ago he was diagnosed with heart failure and I was told he had, at best 1 year.  However, he went to sleep Saturday night and never woke up.  Now, just as with the family pet my heart aches immensely.  I knew he didn't have long but somehow I wasn't ready.  I had only six years with him and the fact that I didn't have any notice and didn't really say goodbye has made this all the more difficult.  I'm angry and sad at the same time.  I wanted more time. 

I suppose I'm glad, in a way, that I didn't have to make the decision when the end was right but I'm wishing now that I could have known it would be his last week.

I buried him in the back of my parent's property under some trees.  He would regularly go out and lay in the grass in the sun and play with my parent's cats.  I have cried non-stop over the last two days, and yet the tears keep coming.  I know that it gets easier, but right now the pain is fresh all over again.

I miss my sweet boy.
Quote 0 0
LUCA
Hello TigerCat -

So sorry for your loss. The first few days are very difficult.... It gets a little easier as times goes by and you are able to focus in the good memories and not the bad ones so fresh in your mind ahortly after their passing.

I had a Orange Tabby name Jimmy... He was in my life for 22 years. He passed of old age and chronic kidney faillure. A year after his departure.... Our home was blssed with Luca an amazing Russian Blue.

Unfortunately.... FIP (Feline Infectious Peritonitis) tooking away from our loving arms.... So unexpected and suddened.... Nothing prepared me for the grieving after Luca's departure.

Be kind to yourself... Rest assure Tiger is a better place .... Free of pain and suffering. They are with us in a different manner and they know how much we love them and miss them.

You are not alone in this processs.....

Blessings to you as you grieve and to Tiger on his soul journey!

Maria .... Luca's Mom
Maria ---- Luca' Mom
Quote 0 0
Gertie
I am so sorry about the loss of your baby. I do understand your pain. Sadly it will take time to work through this.

I too lost my tiger kitty Myles in Jan. It was very sudden and from congestive heart failure. He was 11 and the oldest of my pets. He was a sweet gentle soul. So yes, I know your pain.,

Please try to remember all the love you shared. That lives on. Maybe, you might write and tell us all about your baby, it might help you work through your grief.

Thinking of you,

Duncan & Myles Mom.
Quote 0 0