Gypsyrose63
On Saturday 14th July 2018 I had to say goodbye to my beautiful lovely pretty friendly girl.
She was everything to me. She came from a violent domestic relationship and was abused my my daughter's ex. I had always said that I never wanted a dog , as of the heartache at the end.
She was only 4years old , a bit of a madame and very challenging. But was everything to me , the respect and love she not only have me but my family and my grand daughters. We walk miles together. Unfortunately last year she had a lump on her side that got misdiagnosed and grew and grew. This year we saw a new vet and turned out she had cancer. That couldn't be operated on.
It's broke my heart having to say goodbye to her and as writing this year's are rolling down my face wondering did I do the right thing, why her she didn't deserve this. I love her so much and just hope one day we will be together again.
Tia was my life and my little girl who will always be in my heart.
Quote 0 0
msweet13
Dearest GypsyRose - I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved Tia. She is a beautiful girl. You have to believe that you did everything right for your sweet girl. No one knows why our furbabies have to get horrible diseases but they seem to put up a good fight for as long as possible. And then when it gets to be too much and they are in pain and suffering, the best unconditional love gift we can give them is the dignity of release from pain. Tia is now healthy and free and happy, running around Rainbow Bridge, playing in the ever green grass and always sunny days. And she is not alone--there are all our furbabies there with her, keeping her company until the time comes when you will be reunited with her forever. That is the picture you should always remember--it will help you get through the dark days--grief is a hard road with many ups and downs. I have included a poem for you and I hope it brings you some peace.

guardianangel.jpg 
I wish you warm hugs and blessings of comfort.
Denise (Brutus' Mom)
Brutus von Dolce
06/19/2006 - 03/16/2018
RIP my sweet beautiful boy
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
Tia was such a beautiful girl! Your description of your life with Tia speaks of the beautiful bond that you shared together. She would have been so very happy to be rescued from an abusive home and her love and respect for you would have only grown with time - as did yours for her. It's so unfortunate that her tumour was misdiagnosed. I am so sorry this happened and so very sorry for the loss of your beloved Tia.
My little dog had cancer too and my belief that I will see him was the only way I was able to let him go. I love the poem posted by msweet13. One day we will see them again. ❤️ Sending hugs,
MJ
Quote 0 0
camunki
I am so sorry about your sweet Tia.....and remember you saved this girl and gave her a wonderful 11 1/2 years of life. And its awful that cancer took your baby away.

I too had a Rottie named Jemma and she too lived 11 years 5 months and 9 days.....taken from me from an aggressive sudden illness. I do love the Rotti breed also.

I know the first few months of grieving are by far the hardest, as I am still grieving my Jemma who left me back in Oct 21st 2016....and I still cry for her weekly.

Your Tia touched your heart and soul and gave you so much love as you did for her. And yes, she is free from pain now.....still with you!!!.....and yes you will meet again.

My heart goes out to you at this time......

Cam

Quote 1 0
Chinadoll
I am so sorry for your loss of Tia, she is a beautiful girl, I love the picture. From what I read it tells me that you rescued her, gave her a home filled with love, cared for her and when the day came to let her go you did the best thing for her. I know it's hard not to feel guilty, but your love for Tia shows through your words. To let them go, to do what is best, requires such a deep devotion and caring heart. My belief is that we will see them again, love is never lost, a bond is never broken. We will hold them again in our arms and at that time, it will be for eternity. Thank you for sharing her picture and letting us meet Tia. Blessings for comfort and peace on this journey.
Charlie
Quote 1 0
Sil
Gypsyrose63

I am sorry for your loss of Tia.  Words cannot fully describe the pain of their passing. I understand your pain, I too lost a very sweet fur baby.  Seeking help and support, I was lucky that I found this forum. In this forum, you will read other's journeys/stories about their beloved pets....but, most of all you will find, caring and so much empathy.  
This poem was found in GrievingHannah - thread/topic.  Hoping that brings you some relief.

FROM FRIEND TO FRIEND

You're giving me a special gift,
So sorrowfully endowed,
And through these last few cherished days,
Your courage makes me proud.

But really, love is knowing
When your best friend is in pain,
And understanding earthly acts
Will only be in vain.

So looking deep into your eyes,
Beyond, into your soul,
I see in you the magic, that will
Once more make me whole.

The strength that you possess,
Is why I look to you today,
To do this thing that must be done,
For it's the only way.

That strength is why, I've followed you,
And chose you as my friend
And why I've loved you all these years...
My partner 'till the end.

Please understand just what this gift,
You're giving me, means to me,
It gives me back the strength I've lost
And all my dignity.

You take a stand on my behalf,
For that is what friends do.
And know that what you do is right,
For I believe it too.

So one last time, I breathe your scent,
And through your hand I feel,
The courage that's within you,
To now grant me this appeal.

Cut the leash that holds me here,
Dear friend, and let me run,
Once more a strong and steady dog,
My pain and struggle done.

And don't despair my passing,
For I won't be far away,
Forever here, within your heart,
And memory I'll stay.

I'll be there watching over you,
Your ever faithful friend,
And in your memories I'll run,
...a young dog once again.

In memory of Asta, Feb. 1997
(c) Karen Clouston

This poem makes me cry, but, this is what a friend does for a friend.  Again, I sorry for your loss.  Prayers and Hugs

Quote 0 0
Rookiesmama
Gypsyrose,
Oh my, she's beautiful!! Thank you for sharing her picture.

Thank you my msweet and sil for posting those poems. I'm still at the point struggling with my decision, and it gives me a bit of hope that I did indeed make the right choice.
Quote 0 0