BerlinsMomma
I had to lay my girl Berlin down exactly three weeks ago and I'm struggling today. The tears are flowing.  I miss her so much. My house is so empty and lonely without her. Its been just Berlin and I here in this house since I bought it four years ago and she is everywhere.  I've managed to part with a few of her things...one of her beds, one mat, and her food bin.  There are still more beds, inside and outside, and of course her hair is still everywhere.  I'd give anything to hear her walking down the hallway right now!  She has been my best friend for 11 years and I don't know who to be if I'm not her momma.  

I haven't decided what to do with her ashes. What have others done with their beloved pet's cremains?  
Quote 0 0
Bdoggie
I am so sorry for your loss. 

I have my last girl Taffy's ashes on my desk, right above my head. All I have to do is look up.

Mitsie is going on our dresser in our bedroom, to watch over us as we sleep and hopefully bring sweet dreams.

Keep them close.
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Dear Berlin's Momma,

I am sorry to learn of your recent loss of your beloved Berlin. It is easy to read in your words how much you truly loved, cherished, adored and cared for Berlin.

I too recently lost my beloved pet. He was a cat named "Marmalade." He was my best friend, my son, my brother, my comrade in arms, my only remaining family and company, my love and my light and where we resided is filled with emptiness now without his great, noble and loyal presence. He was the King of a colony of feral and stray cats in the high desert of New Mexico when our paths crossed. I adopted him a few years ago as he had chronic health problems and needed special feeding and care. In the end I had to put him to sleep as he was deteriorating and I could not allow that to happen to him any further.

I keep my cat Marmalade's ashes on my nightstand. I speak to him in the morning and when I get home from my office and then before I go to sleep at night I tell him goodnight, and then I say a prayer where he is mentioned and then I say a prayer to him. 

We are each made of stardust. Billion year old carbon. Stars are partially made up of carbon. Our pets are also made of carbon and so are their ashes. So your pets ashes contain stardust. You can scatter Berlin's ashes in a place that your pet enjoyed, a place that you consider beautiful and that you will visit, keep them or they can be interred at a pet cemetery. I prefer to keep my cat's ashes with me until the time that I depart. Then they will either with my ashes somewhere, or they will be scattered. I'm not sure yet. But for the time being he is staying with me where I live.

Kind regards & my sincerest condolences,
James
Quote 0 0