treecee53
My darling Rita,
Today marks three weeks that you went to the bridge.  I wonder every day when the tears will stop.  I know that at some point the healing will begin.
I realized this morning I had another visit in a dream and this time it was from your Mom, Angel.  Tell her thank you for letting me know you are ok and that she is with you.  That gives me a tremendous amount of comfort in knowing you are together. I also get a lot of comfort from sleeping with your pink blanket every night. 
I am now making it a point every morning to kiss your picture and your urn.  The last thing I do each evening other than kiss your picture and urn is to talk to you and tell you how grateful I am for the 11 joyful years we had together and to thank you for showing me the power of unconditional love.
I love you to the moon and back my baby.  See you soon.
Mommy
xxxooo
Quote 0 0
MyBella
Hi Patty,

Hard to believe it is three weeks for you already, seems like yesterday you came on here.

My heart melted as I read your post, I do the same things, I kiss Bella's urn each morning and night, I even sleep with her urn still, I still have her blankets on our bed, I love the smell of her on them, so I guess I am glad to see I'm not the only one doing these things.

Wishing peace and healing to your heart and soul.

Sincerely, Don & Vera
Quote 0 0
treecee53
Dear Don and Vera,
I'm glad I'm not the only one who does these things either.  That's why it is so comforting to come to this site.  Only those on this site understand the profound grief we experience.  Many people in my life do not understand why I feel the way I do and do the things I do. 
I still have Rita's litter box in the bathroom and I don't know when I will get the strength to get rid of it.  Then it will feel more permanent.
I went to Petco yesterday and they had kitten adoptions.  I was skeptical to hold one, but I did and boy did it feel good.  I wanted so much to bring her home but I don't feel I'm ready yet.  I feel I need to complete the grief process in its ugly entirety in order to be able to fully open my heart again to another baby.  My heart is still very shattered and it wouldn't be fair to another cat.
But holding that kitten reassured me that I can still love another cat and someday the time will be right.  I think Rita would want me to share my love with another baby.
I wish you healing and peace as well.
Patrice
Quote 0 0
jeff22
hi Patrice,

Sorry you are still having a hard time.   i'm glad you are having dreams to assure you that Rita is ok... i have only had one dream about Maggie. it is so hard losing them, they are a family member that is not replaceable. We got a card from her vet's office today that everybody signed and many of the people said how sad they were and how good of a girl she was... her Dr. said its always sad to say goodbye but but Maggie was one of the hardest he had ever had..... we have to give ourselves permission to heal, our pets wouldnt want us to be sad forever!! its very hard but i have tried to begin to heal.
Quote 0 0
Bizbol
Patrice,

I'm sorry you're going through tough times. However, when we lose beings we love so much it is to be expected. I can only hope you will find some peace in time.

Take your time with Rita's things. I have kept most of Tsuk's belongings, except the ones I buried with him. I too kiss Tsuk's picture every morning and every night before sleeping. I think doing so brings us closer to them.

Anyway, I just dropped by to say hi and to wish you strength.

Hugs,

Eric

Quote 0 0
treecee53
Hi Eric,
Thank you for your kinds words. I guess by going through the rituals we do we are helping ourselves heal.
I know this is a process we all have to go through and each one of us heals in different ways.  Coming to this site has been a huge help in the process hearing others who are going through the same thing.
Hugs back at you...
Patrice
Quote 0 0