loft2111

Today is my Little Man's 3 week, at 5 PM CST, it was exactly 3 weeks ago.  I love you Little Man you took a piece of my heart with you and I will never forget you.  I am truly hearbroken and can't bring myself to write a long post, I need some time to clear my head today.  I did want to share a few pictures and hope to bring some smiles to faces.  My Little Man was not a typical dog, in fact coming from such an abused background he didn't even know what it meant to act like a dog.  I don't have any pictures of him playing, or jumping or acting like a happy dog, just some closeups that I will cherish forever. 
Presentation1.jpg 

Quote 0 0
Dalidog
These pictures are adorable.  You loved him and he loved you.  Heartbreaking that anyone could abuse such a display of utter love.  My prayers are with you today and with Little Man as he plays at the bridge with Dali and all the other residents until we meet again.  God Bless

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
jackson64
He is just adorable, looks so calm and loving. Friday at 3:12 will be 9 weeks for Jack. The pain is still so fresh for me also. Your baby is so sweet. Jack was kinda shy too, we always just counted on each other!! I bet Jack is showing your baby all of the fun things to do at Rainbow Bridge. Hugs to you!
Tricia
Quote 0 0
jackson64
Try going to the thread that Po Po the White Warg started and write down just one thing that your baby did that put a smile on your face. Might help you, if even for a moment!  Hugs
Tricia
Quote 0 0
loft2111

Thank you! He was my baby, I cuddled him like a stuffed bear, he was so cute, I miss looking into those eyes, always looked like he had so much to say.  Tricia, you're right, he did have a calm around him that I miss.  Sorry for your loss of Jackson, he too was so adorable and I hope they are happy and playing.  I did post on the thread, I couldn't think of one thing so I posted 3!
Doroty, I am so angry at the people who had him when he was just starting out his life, I don't even want to know the pain he endured, I just tried to love him as much as possible so he would never remember those bad memories.

Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
It galls me to think that anyone could ever hurt such an adorable little man. He is simply gorgeous. How lucky he was that you came into his life and gave him the love and devotion you did. How lucky you are that he came into your life and enriched your life with unconditional love. Your post and those photos made me cry, as if I'm not crying enough already, but thank you for sharing.

Bless him and bless you.

“Death ends a life, not a relationship.” – Jack Lemmon

Solly, Gonzo, Daisy-Mae, Ebony, Jerry, Tigger, Bonnie, Suzy, Cleo, Spike, Sooty, and Tibby – dazzling lights that will never fade. Adored, cherished, I was privileged to know you all. Until we meet again, my beautiful babies. Bowls of love and cuddles, your ever-loving, devoted Mummy xxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0
loft2111
Thank you, he was my whole life.  He was found in a dumpster, heavily matted with sores all over his body and blood in his fecal.  He was adopted and returned a few times because he didn't act like a dog enough.  He was so very special to us even though he didn't know how to show love, never licked, didn't play with toys, in fact he was terrified of toys, didn't like to be cuddled and liked to be left alone and not sleep on the bed or couch.  He barely wagged his tail and for the first few months he watched my husband and me from a distance and never came close to us.  It took a while for him to come out of his shell and enjoy life. I would pick him up and cuddle him like a baby, he was my whole life.  The pain is truly unbearable, as I know you understand.
Quote 0 0
Po_Po_and_The_White_Warg
I can see from his face how much he was loved and at peace with you.  I have seen (and been around) lots of animals that were abused.  Some don't recover. =(  They live with that forever.  You gave him the best life ever...and never forget how much he loves you. 

This pain....what you are going through...is awful.  It's SO DEEP...it almost feel endless.  I've come to the conclusion that these feeling are what makes us...human(?) stronger if you will.  I have had a few people say to me that "Well this is why I don't have animals...Because of what you are going through"  WHAT?!?! What a cheap cop out.  I would never...never...never trade the awesomeness that my babies gave me for these feelings of loss that I have now.  As bad as it is for me...how could I miss out on them!  I guess what I am trying to say is...for all of us...feel the pain.  It's okay to feel it.

Just know we all are feeling it and  are here for you. 

much love
~C
I will always love you...my furry son Raptor and my furry baby Zeus.  How wise you both were....you taught me so much.  I learned that it was I, who needed you....
Quote 0 0
loft2111
Thanks C.  I don't think he fully recovered, but I tried to give him the best life possible and I know he knew I adored him and loved him to pieces.  I never regret adopting him or going through this pain.  To love an animal this much and hurt so much is full of meaning.  I believe that non animal lovers have a void in their heart and will never live a full life.  Little Man gave me such meaning, I would not trade the 5 years for anything! I agree the feeling is so very deep, I have never felt such despair.
Take care and thanks for reading his story.
Quote 0 0