Forum

Author   Comment  
KrazyBoutCatz

Reply with quote  #1 
I now officially have 3 elderly cats diagnosed with some sort of cancer. There first diagnosis was my 12 year-old petite tuxedo gal in April 2017 - GI lymphoma. The second diagnosis was June 30th in my 16 year-old gal who is a Siamese-Calico mix, with an ulcerating tumor called a fibrosarcoma. The third diagnosis just came on Friday, with my sweet gentle black 14 year-old gal, who I adopted 11 years ago from a vet's office, after her former owner was going to euthanize her for stress issues. Her diagnosis- meningioma and/or lymphoma. I am heartbroken and maybe a bit in denial . . . All three are receiving palliative care, and are fully functional at this time, which makes the diagnoses harder to accept . . . Any advice?
Sil

Reply with quote  #2 
KrazyBoutCatz,

My heart breaks for you.  When my male doggie Sol was diagnosed, I cried as soon as I got home.  As I was crying, I was telling Sol "please, fight this, I am not ready to lose you, I will never be", Sol was just looking at me, and wagging his tail, almost like saying "mommy, but, I am still here with you".  So, I "tried my best to be just in the present", to enjoy his being.

I know this is not easy, in fact is so painful to know, what's ahead.  Cuddle them, tell them how much you love them, enjoy as much as you can their furry love.  You are not alone in your pain, we all understand this awful pain.  Write/post when and if you have time.  (((Hugs))) 
EevaTeddy

Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyBoutCatz
I now officially have 3 elderly cats diagnosed with some sort of cancer. There first diagnosis was my 12 year-old petite tuxedo gal in April 2017 - GI lymphoma. The second diagnosis was June 30th in my 16 year-old gal who is a Siamese-Calico mix, with an ulcerating tumor called a fibrosarcoma. The third diagnosis just came on Friday, with my sweet gentle black 14 year-old gal, who I adopted 11 years ago from a vet's office, after her former owner was going to euthanize her for stress issues. Her diagnosis- meningioma and/or lymphoma. I am heartbroken and maybe a bit in denial . . . All three are receiving palliative care, and are fully functional at this time, which makes the diagnoses harder to accept . . . Any advice?

I am so sorry to hear this! My heart goes out to you. 

If they are still functioning and eating on their own you might want to try some supplements that have helped for cats with cancer. For instance, Vitality Science has some amazing results, you can google them. It's worth a shot to extend their lives.

I wish I would have caught my sweet boy Teddy's cancer earlier. I would have been able to help him. 

I am thinking of you and sending loving healing energy to your babies.

Reply with quote  #4 
Thank you for your support. I am trying to focus on being there for them . . . Something one of my dear friends, who had been in cat rescue for almost 40 years, reminded me that it was an honor that my furkids chose me to accompany them on their final journeys. So I try to keep this in my mind. Unfortunately, it is hard to keep this in mind as I watch the fibrosarcoma grow larger every day, and ooze a malodorous fluid. Apparently fibrosarcomas are very resistant to treatment, and my afflicted cat is 16 years old.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.