winstonsmom12
All day yesterday, I was thinking of adopting a rescue dog. I went to many websites, and even filled out 1 application. I saw some pics of dogs in shelters waiting for a good home, and my heart ached. I'm just so lonely that I need a dog to cuddle and kiss again. As the day wore on, I started thinking It is much too early for me to do this. I have always been very impulsive, but I really thought this thing out.  It's just my lonliness and need that made me look yesterday.  I'm so unsure IF or WHEN I would want another dog. There are so many beautiful animals out there that need a good home and love.  I still have a LOT of LOVE to give another dog..........but I think it is much to early.  I was even thinking of adopting a cat, but, I am Extremely allergic to cats. But I Love them too.  I need to relax and really think this through. :((
Susan
Quote 0 0
GrievingHannah
winstonsmom12 wrote:
All day yesterday, I was thinking of adopting a rescue dog. I went to many websites, and even filled out 1 application. I saw some pics of dogs in shelters waiting for a good home, and my heart ached. I'm just so lonely that I need a dog to cuddle and kiss again. As the day wore on, I started thinking It is much too early for me to do this. I have always been very impulsive, but I really thought this thing out.  It's just my lonliness and need that made me look yesterday.  I'm so unsure IF or WHEN I would want another dog. There are so many beautiful animals out there that need a good home and love.  I still have a LOT of LOVE to give another dog..........but I think it is much to early.  I was even thinking of adopting a cat, but, I am Extremely allergic to cats. But I Love them too.  I need to relax and really think this through. :((

Susan...I thought the same thing after Hannah died.  My wife and I waited three months, primarily because we couldn't bury Hannah because the ground was frozen.  In the end, we adopted Mack, who had been abused, abandoned, and left to live the desperate life of a stray.  Looking back, I wished we had adopted him when we first saw him right after Hannah died (we went to the shelter and made a donation in Hannah's honor and we got a tour...we walked right past Mack's cage...I didn't really see him because I was sobbing). I sincerely wish I had really taken a good look because Mack would have been with us for an additional two months.

Listen to your heart, Susan.

WINSTON'S LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT

Before humans die, they write their last will & testament and give their house and all their worldly possessions to those they leave behind.  If, with my paws, I could write down my last will and testament, this is what I would say:

To a poor and lonely stray I'd give:

My happy home.

My bowl, cozy bed, soft pillows, and all my toys.

The lap that I loved so very much.

The hand that stroked my fur and the sweet voice that spoke my name.

I also leave to the sad and frightened shelter dog the place I occupied in my human parents' hearts, which seem to have no bounds for loving.

So when I die, please do not say, "We will never have a pet again, for the loss and pain are more than we can bear." Instead, please open your hearts to an unloved dog, one whose life has held no joy or hope, and please give MY place to him.

This is the only thing that I can give....THE LOVE I LEFT BEHIND.

Lee (Mack's and Hannah's and Heidi's and Janie's dad)

Fragile Circle

"We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached.
Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way.
We cherish memory as the only certain immortality,
never fully understanding the necessary plan."

Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
It's snowing today Winston.  I always shoveled a big spot on the grass next to the house for when you had to go out. I never liked shoveling, but I did It for you. You were all White, and sometimes I couldn't see you in the snow;)). I remember times when you would romp in the snow, and eat it. ;))) You looked so darn CUTE. LOVE and MISS YOU SO VERY MUCH BABY  Mommy XOXOXO
Susan
Quote 0 0
Jax84
You know, it sounds strange and inappropriate, but even six hours after I found out about the death of my most beloved little family member, I knew I needed a furry kitty in my life. That's just me. I've grown up with cats my entire life. I have a thing for them. They calm me and bring me some inner peace. I have so much love to give and I know that a new kitty will help with my grieving process. I won't mourn the loss of my beloved girl less...but the love for a new cat will shine through so brightly. There is just something about little cat ears and cat paws and furry bellies that makes my heart glow. I've been thinking about it for a few days now. My house just feels so empty without my cat in my life.
Quote 0 0
Courtney8982
It's been 2 weeks since I lost pumpkin and I've been looking for another cat. I don't know if it's too soon either. I'll never love anyone the same way I loved him I just kind of want a cat back in my life. I'm scared though, because he was so perfect and we had such a bond after 15 years that I won't feel happy with another cat I don't nnow the answer.
Quote 0 0
Baumert81
That's the main reason my wife and I looked at newborn puppies. Hogan died on march 1st, the wounds are still fresh. The puppy that we picked wont be ready til april 21st. That gives us plenty of time to decide for sure. However, everytime I look at his fur brother laying around and moping constantly, all I want to do is go get that puppy and cheer him up. There is no way possible that Hogan can be replaced, but I do know deep down in my heart he would want us to love again, and have his buddy have a companion again to fight with and hide bones from.
Hogans Daddy
Quote 0 0
camunki
hi Wintstons Mom...i wrote a new thread about "cold feet about adopting"...i went thru so many different feelings. My Munki passed away on Dec 3rd and my Daizy on Jan 2nd of last year, so i had 2 losses in one year. I have a dog Jemma now, who misses her siblings alot....and I already adopted. I chose Rosalyn, picked her up on Feb 20th........and it is never to replace the pets i lost, it was to rescue a baby that was on death row. I still grieve for my Munki now, but my heart has extended for the new love i give to my Rosalyn.

There is no time frame for when you want a new pet, you will know in your heart when the time is ready, there is no right or wrong...keep reading what Grieving Hannah wrote about the Last will & testament...(5 postings above mine).....

Cam

Cam

Quote 0 0
GrievingHannah
camunki wrote:
hi Wintstons Mom...i wrote a new thread about "cold feet about adopting"...i went thru so many different feelings. My Munki passed away on Dec 3rd and my Daizy on Jan 2nd of last year, so i had 2 losses in one year. I have a dog Jemma now, who misses her siblings alot....and I already adopted. I chose Rosalyn, picked her up on Feb 20th........and it is never to replace the pets i lost, it was to rescue a baby that was on death row. I still grieve for my Munki now, but my heart has extended for the new love i give to my Rosalyn.

There is no time frame for when you want a new pet, you will know in your heart when the time is ready, there is no right or wrong...keep reading what Grieving Hannah wrote about the Last will & testament...(5 postings above mine).....

Cam

Cam...I like the quote at the bottom of your posts.  It reminds me of this poem, one of my favorites.

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.

Lee (Mack's and Hannah's and Heidi's and Janie's dad)

Fragile Circle

"We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached.
Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way.
We cherish memory as the only certain immortality,
never fully understanding the necessary plan."

Quote 0 0