Or you can open your eyes and see all that he has left

Your heart can be empty because you can’t see him

Or you can be full of the love that you shared

You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday

Or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday

You can remember him and only that he is gone

Or you can cherish his memory and let it live on

You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your back

Or you can do what he would want: smile, open your eyes, love and go on.

Tricia x

Quote 0 0
harvey
They bring us such joy, and great memories ... until we meet again!
Quote 0 0
tikibarb
Thank you.  That was uplifting.  I was a little down today.  It gave me some perspective.
Barbara Lyngarkos
My Beloved Ted 8/7/2005 - 7/7/10
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/TED001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
donnalee
Tricia,
It is a beautiful poem but also so very true.  I started to really heal when I started changing my thoughts just as the poem said.  It was slow going but it actually worked.  That last line is key----What they want for us is to smile, love, and go on.  It doesn't happen overnight, it takes time, but it is important for those still in the grips of pain and sadness to know that there is hope and you can make it through this. 
Thank you for sharing!
Quote 0 0
judylinn

thank you for sharing this poem tricia. It really is beautiful, and so true. It really helped me tonight.  Judy :)

Quote 0 0
Candie
Thank you much for the poem. I will hand write it and put it where I can read it everyday. If that's ok with you, because it will help with my missing my little man
Quote 0 0
TriciaK
Glad you all found it encouraging as I did, good idea to write it down Candie and think I'll do that too!

Tricia x

Quote 0 0
Polly
A beautiful poem, and how accurately it describes the transition from the dark early days to the feelings of peace, love and thankfulness which come later, when you realise that, yes, your baby is gone, but wasn't it wonderful to have him/her in your life, and to experience the unconditional love you shared...and still share.  

Thank you for sharing.

Polly  
Quote 0 0