officerripley
Thanks to every1 on this site!  This is the only place I can come for sympathy over the loss of my sweet doggie Sugar.  My husband loved her & treated her great; but he refuses to talk about her.  And I know everybody handles grief differently & this is the only way he can handle it & I'm really trying hard to move on too but it's so difficult!  Very few of my friends are dog lovers like I am so they don't want to talk about it either; every1 just keeps saying "you need to move on."  It makes it seem sometimes like she never existed, like she was a wonderful dream I lived for 15 years & now it's time, every1 seems like they're saying, to wake up.  Don't want to wake up if it means I gotta forget all about her. 
Hey, gals, like being able to drive & vote? Thank a feminist!
Quote 0 0
Jody
I just scrolled down your initial posts and saw that picture of your baby Sugar! It brought a smile to my face! Thank you! There are just a handful of smiles given to me since I lost my golden suddenly through the night. He was 7. I'm just about three weeks in. I am sorry for your loss...
Quote 0 0
CKMP
Officerripley,

Never ever should anyone belittle your grief, your sorrow or your love for Sugar.  Those who do not understand, do not and probably never will.  I have read that there are very real differences between the way males and females grieve - the manner in which their grief is expressed is as exactly as you have described, verbal vs. nonverbal . . . But for others to tell you to move on is not their place to do so . . . You do move on, each and every day goes by somehow and someway - life is different and how could it not be after you have spent 15 years with your Sugar?  On my gone girl's thread I not too long ago put in a quote I read somewhere about coming to a realization I don't have to 'get over this' and I can grieve for the rest of my days . . . We do go on but without our souls we still grieve, still have sorrow and still have the love for our special fur ones.  To forget is to belittle the love, the companionship and the essence of your gone one's life. . . To remember is to come at some point within the grief to gratitude and bittersweet tears for having had the opportunity to share your life with a special fur one.  Take care - and don't forget - everyone here understands and knows this journey will take its own time, not one imposed by someone else, or even by ourselves - it will be what it will be. . . 
Quote 0 0
officerripley
Thanks, Jody & CK; I know you (& every1 on this site) understands. 
Quote 0 0
Winlove
No, you don't need to do anything. A lot of people, while understood my grief, I feel like have kinda moved away from what I'm going thru. They loved my Winnie and cried with me, but it's kinda done. Not me. I think of her everyday. Love her and sometimes cry. I will love her forever and never forget her. I think that I will always be her mommy and I say that often. I talk to her sometimes. Monday is her birthday and no one knows or remembers but me. I'm forever changed by her, and my heart is too. I know what you mean about a dream. It's weird, on one hand I think, she can't be gone. She was by my side for over 12 years! Some days I was with her more than humans. But at the same time... did that, did SHE really happen? I know, I know... I have pictures of her, her paw print... she and her memory and love will never die because I won't let it.
Quote 0 0
officerripley
Thanks, Winlove.
Quote 0 0
Sleepless
You know how people say "you do you"? That goes for this too. You grieve the way YOU need to. Don't let anybody try to tell you what to do. You're not ready to move on? Don't. Take the time you need to heal properly. If you rush this or bottle it up it will come out later and it won't be pretty. You need to do what you know deep down is best. People may have good intentions thinking they're helping you "snap out of it" but they're wrong. You don't snap out of this, you work your way out of this, in whatever way and at whatever pace your grief process requires. I'm grateful for this site too. I've had the hardest time expressing my feelings verbally because the conversations will shift before I've fully expressed my thought, because it's hard to say how you feel and it takes time to get it out. That causes a lot of frustration. Here I've been able to let it ALL out and I've received so much love and kindness in return. This site is a wonderful provision and I'm glad I found it, and I'm glad YOU found it. I'm glad you have somewhere to express what you need to without opposition or interruption. I haven't read Sugar's story yet, this was the first post I saw, but whatever her story is (I'm about to go read it if you have posted it), I'm sorry that you lost her and I wish you the best on your journey through this grief and healing process.
Quote 0 0
officerripley
Thanks, Sleepless, you all here on this site are great.
Quote 0 0