buggie726
My beloved baby Chance died a week ago tomorrow. This death has been rougher than any pet death I've ever dealt with, probably because he was so young at only 1 yr and 5 months old. It's especially hitting my hubby hard as he feels he let Chance down. When we first found him in a ditch and brought him home, my husband promised Chance that he would protect him and not let anything harm him. In a way I feel like inlet him down too. That I didn't realize he was sick until it was too late. He still ate and drank. He would greet me when I came home from work on my overnight shift. There are days when I'm ok, but writing this is so hard. I'm trying so hard not to cry. Everywhere I look in the house I see him. Not in a physical or ghostly thing, but looking at the TV and remembering him draping his body across it, trying to defy me when I told him he was too big. He was the runt of the litter, and therefore not very big, but he loved hugs and was the sweetest, most loving cat I've ever had. I know it gets easier with time, but right now its really hard.
We just lost our cat Chance. He was only a year and a half. We think that he just got too infested with fleas, even though we did everything we could think of to get rid of them. Bombs, powders, etc. They just got to be too much and I think he hid in the closet for too long. Never thought about it until it was too late. Figured he was coming out at night to eat. Until I pulled him out of there and he reeked of his own piss. I didn't realize it, but that moment was the start of his death. He fought till the end. He ate a little, and he tried, but it was just too much for him. I'm going to miss his chortling, and the way he would hug your neck. My husband is going to really miss him the most because Chance was his cat. He would suck on his blanket (we found him on the side of the road when he was only 4 weeks old) and give him the biggest hugs. This just happened today, so we feel like it was our fault that he died. We promised him that we would protect him, and we didn't. We failed him.
Quote 0 0
mcianchette
So sorry that you've lost Chance and for the raw pain you're experiencing right now.  There aren't a lot of words to comfort so soon after losing your baby.  But it sounds like the year and a half with you was full of loving companionship and sometimes that's the thread we have to hang on to.  That no matter how long we have our babies, they felt our love and dedication.  Very hard not to second guess what happened and wonder what you could have done differently.  We've all experienced that.  But I think the journeys of our fur babies are defined long before they come into our lives.  And we do the best we can with what we know at the time.  Chance would want you to remember the happy times with him and not how he died.  Wishing you peace through this very tough time. 
Winston's mom
Quote 0 0
buggie726
Thank you mcianchette.  I think Chance would love for us to remember the happy times.  Since today was the week anniversary of his death I left the house on my day off and just did stuff. Coming home I expected to feel sad that he wasn't there to greet me as I walked in the door. However, my older cat Merlin has been a real trooper and has been very loving and attentive. More so than normal. I think this has really gotten me to accept it a little better. Obviously it still hurts, but I can write this now with a heavy heart instead of sobbing. I know there will be times when I'm going to be sad and depressed, but I must remember to not wallow in that. Chance wouldn't want it.
We just lost our cat Chance. He was only a year and a half. We think that he just got too infested with fleas, even though we did everything we could think of to get rid of them. Bombs, powders, etc. They just got to be too much and I think he hid in the closet for too long. Never thought about it until it was too late. Figured he was coming out at night to eat. Until I pulled him out of there and he reeked of his own piss. I didn't realize it, but that moment was the start of his death. He fought till the end. He ate a little, and he tried, but it was just too much for him. I'm going to miss his chortling, and the way he would hug your neck. My husband is going to really miss him the most because Chance was his cat. He would suck on his blanket (we found him on the side of the road when he was only 4 weeks old) and give him the biggest hugs. This just happened today, so we feel like it was our fault that he died. We promised him that we would protect him, and we didn't. We failed him.
Quote 0 0