Spike2014
A week and day ago. My beloved BFF passed away. They say it’s suppose to get easy. What part? I come home, he’s not at the door, he’s not sleeping in his bed, the couch, or behind me or the side of me. This is harder, than I thought. I stay up til 6am and sleep all day. Just crying, this depression has gotten the best of me. We rescued him, but he saved me five years ago. I was in a dark place, in my life. I feel like, I’m back. Everything isn’t the same. His smell is gone, his snoring is gone, his barking is gone. I catch myself calling for him or even petting the air. I can’t sleep and when I do, it’s three hours. I’m miserable and I’m broken. I miss him so much. He was my best friend, he never passed judgment on me. He loved me for me. Now, who will love for me again? Is this normal, because when I talk to my friends. They just say get over. How? Please tell me, this is normal.
Quote 0 0
pannklaus
What you are experiencing is normal. You lost your precious baby very recently and you are in the deepest stage of grief.  We all go through the stages of grief at different speeds.   Some people do seem to begin to recover fairly quickly.  Others are still in this group many months and occasionally years later.

Let yourself feel whatever you feel.  I know how totally miserable it is and how it wrecks your life.  Don't let others judge you and tell you that it is time to get over it.  You are with people here who understand your deep pain.  We are all here grieving together. You had a deep love for your beloved fur baby and he will always hold a special place in your heart. I am so very sorry for your loss and the miserable pain you are experiencing.
Patsy
Quote 0 0
BlairS
I'm very sorry for the loss of your beloved friend, Spike2014.  I can assure you that everyone here knows how you feel - that is why we are here, talking to other people who feel just the same.  It is absolutely perfectly normal to experience profound grief at the loss of a constant companion.  Anyone telling you to just get over it has obviously never had the special bond that we share with our pets.  That is their loss. 

I know how hard it is, it's been almost 4 months that my best friend is gone and it's not getting any easier.  We all deal with it on our own terms - just take it one day at a time.  Wishing you strength on your healing journey.

Blair
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Dear Michelle,

I too am very sorry to learn of your loss of your beloved "Spike."

Yes, what you are experiencing is exactly, or very similar to what all or most of us are suffering with currently, or we enduring before some time passed and healing began. It is natural. Please know that you are not alone.

I had to put my boy down 8 weeks ago this past week. He was also "a rescue." Our paths crossed 4.2 years ago and he literally saved my life numerous times as I saved his. I also feel that something "is missing", that my lad is not there, I still "call out to him", I am also "miserable and broken", "Marmalade" also "never passed judgment on me." "Loved me for me." And I realize that no one may ever "love me for me again." Many of us share these experiences, feelings, and emotions with you.

It is true that we are all part of a sorrowful tribe of broken-hearted people. But it is also we are also a part of a tribe of people who knew love on a level, that many in life will never, not ever, experience. And that is a blessing beyond words. To know such love. That is why so many people in our lives do not understand our grief, because they have never bonded with an animal on that level. They have never known such pure, non-judgemental love. 

Thank you for sharing those wonderful photos of your beloved boy. "Spike" seems like such a loving bruiser! and you can easily see how much you both loved, cherished and adored one another.

Kind regards & my sincerest condolences,
James
Quote 0 0
TaazyBoy
 I am so sorry you lost your best friend. We said good bye to our sweet boy yesterday and I am having a hard time seeing how any day will get better after today. Allow yourself to grieve. This is my first day here, I am terrible with words and am afraid I cannot offer a lot in the way of wisdom, there are some lovely people here, know you are not alone.  I do think that we grieve so hard because we loved so deeply. Big hugs.

LM
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Lisa,

I beg to differ sweetie. You do have wisdom and are great with words.

: )

XO,
James
Quote 0 0
TaazyBoy
Awww James, thank you! That is so sweet of you to say. I have read so many beautiful stories of love here. As I write this tonight, tears are still coming, being the mama in this family, I am trying so hard to be strong but I am also so full of sadness and guilt but am strangely feeling comfort knowing I am not alone at least. 
LM
Quote 0 0