MarleyMoo Show full post »
Mistysmama
That is such a beautiful post Gucci.

"I recall quite young marvelling that so many humans, animals, and plants had died before us, and all had returned to the earth. That meant that I was taking them in by breathing, and eating the fruit of the very soil that had claimed them. I wasn't repulsed by that thought; it was oddly comforting because I felt we were all connected in some way. All the atomised particles of every living being were being recombined in different patterns in an endless weaving together, and cycles of death and birth."

I remember feeling that same thing when the biggest Nasturtium I had ever seen in my life, grew on my Misty's new grave in 2012. Many wild bees, butterflies, hoverflies, and other creatures, used it for sustenance. It swelled my Heart to see how she had provided for so many and in such a loving way....even from the remains of her lovely physical form. And the seeds which came from that mother plant and her descendants, are re-planted every Spring, year after year as time passes.

It connected me, my Heart and Soul, Misty and hers, our bodies, and the life all around us in  the same sphere of being.

I agree that we should all approach the ineffable in our own ways and according to what resonates with our Hearts. But I often do wish that I could fill tiny bottles with what my own dog Misty showed me from the "other side" and give them out.....! lol

Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
Max147
What a lovely post Mistysmama. You ALWAYS cheer me up. I just wish I could hold Max in his physical being & kiss his fluffy head. Xxx
Quote 0 0
Gucci
Mistymama - Yes, the interconnectedness of all forms of life is, for me, a source of astonishment and a comfort of sorts. Humans have yet to fully understand the properties of plants (medicinal or otherwise), and it wasn't so long ago that the revelation that elephants communicated at pitches below human hearing range made headlines. 

Humans regularly (and arrogantly) tend to under-estimate the complexity of other mammals and plant life.

Your experience with Misty after her death was indeed unique, and its effect on you even more remarkable. These encounters with 'consciousness' or 'energy' that you and ShadowDad describe (however it's termed) leave indelible traces, and almost always for the better...amazing.

Quote 0 0