turkeyday53
I'm still in shock. Tiger was a beautiful, kind, affectionate tabby. I'm 56 years old and never had a pet in my life. Tiger was 14. The reason we got him is because my adopted daughter was being teased unmercifully in 4th grade (she's Korean) because the kids would say "who's your real mother?" "how come she didn't want you?" "you don't look like your brother" and at the same time there were feral cats in our back yard (about 15) that our neighbors kept feeding.

One day Sue found 2 newborn kittens in the shed and came into the house crying hysterically "they're all alone; their mother left them and she's not coming back. we have to take care of them!" I didn't have a clue how to take care of cats so I consulted Susan's Godmother. She told us not to touch them; their mom was coming back and wouldn't want to smell human "smells" on them. She was right. At the same time, my husband's cousin's cat had a litter and we adopted Tiger. Two years later, we adopted Tiger's half-brother, Max.

So at 4:00 this morning when Sue came home (oh to be a twenty-something!), she saw Tiger on the couch, kissed him goodnight, kissed Max goodnight and went to bed. At 6:00am my husband woke up and did his usual thing - went to his office (family room) to look for his buddy, Tiger, and found him lifeless. Tiger would sit on Jim's desk next to his keyboard and just look at him adoringly......and vice versa.

As Jim says, at least he didn't suffer. I'm still in shock. There are just so many emotions arising from this terrible loss.....starting with how we ended up with Tiger and Susan's adoption.......she asked us for his collar and took off his tag and put it on a long, ball chain and put it around her neck and went off to work.

I decided I don't want another cat. I feel like I've been spoiled with Tiger and his brother and I hear about my friends and relatives who have these crazy, vicious wild cats. Could I love another cat? I'm sure I could. But, really, when Max is gone......I could consider adopting other cats.....but I'd want siblings....what is wrong with me? I'm back and forth and ..... oh heck....I'd better go to bed. thanks for bearing with me.
Quote 0 0
ksd1976

Turkeyday, so sorry for your loss. We lost our beloved German Shepherd this morning so I understand how raw your emotions are right now.  I have tried to tell myself all day that I was lucky to have my sweet boy for as long as I did - he gave us so much unconditional love. I know there are no words to ease the emotions you are feeling right now so I will not even try. You are in my thoughts though!

Quote 0 0
Susie_Squillions
I'm so very sorry to hear about your shocking loss.  Jim is right ~ it sounds like Tiger had a very peaceful journey to the Rainbow Bridge.  In time, I hope you will find comfort in that knowledge.

Tiger came to you and Sue at precisely the right time in her life, and yours, too.  He gave you all a comfort that no one else could provide.  The lessons he taught you can never be unlearned, and they will last a lifetime.

I promise you that my Bridge Kitties have welcomed Tiger, and that they will surround him with love and joy as they usher him around his new digs.  This weekend there's a big celebration going on at the Bridge for my Buddy's 6 year anniversary among the angels, so Tiger is bound to be having a wonderful time with his new friends.  May he send that joy to you in the coming days.  He was as blessed to have found his way to your home as you were to have had him in your lives.

Tiger is your special angel now and he will always live in spirit and in your hearts.  My boys will teach him how to visit you in your dreams so you can see him happy, healthy, and eternally young.  He will be the first to greet you when your time comes to make your own journey.  They say that even if that day comes 100 years from now (or, in your case and mine, more like 50 years! ~ lol), it seems as if no time at all has passed between us and our angels.  There is no such thing as the passage of time where they are.  We are the ones left here to wait for enough time to pass to heal our wounds while they surround us with their love forever.

Give Max some extra love and hold him tight.  He will help you through this sad time of adjustment.

Your family, Max, and your sweet Angel Tiger are all in my thoughts and prayers.

My heart is battered and bruised, but I will not let it break. It holds such precious cargo, I must protect it now. (Susie Squillions)

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Quote 0 0
turkeyday53
Thank you both so much for you kind and wonderful words. You have no idea how much they helped me.

Susie - I know your Bridge Kitties will take good care of Tiger!

Thank you!
Quote 0 0
shadoe18

So sorry for your loss, Animals are full of unconditional love, if you give it they will return  it twice fold. Animals have a knack for finding the right person, give it time maybe another will come into your life when you are ready and least expect it. Give Max some extra love, and remember Tiger had a long good life you gave him that. Today marks a week I have lost Sugar Toes, he had only 7 short years and didn't deserve his untimely death. Be glad you had Tiger as long as you did.

Quote 0 0
turkeyday53
shadoe - I'm so sorry about Sugar Toes - he looks like a sweetie! Was he a tabby? He was way too young to leave this earth. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Susie's "Buddy". I'll bet our kitties are having a wonderful time at the celebration at the Bridge this weekend for Buddy.

Quote 0 0
turkeyday53
trying to upload a picture of Tiger with not much luck....here goes nuthin'...3 times a charm? hope so........

eileen
Quote 0 0
shadoe18

yes he was a tabby had the "M" on head. Your Tiger looks like his sister "Molly" . Sugar was a big male, He'd wrap his paws around my neck and snuggle his wet nose against my face and 1 week now and boy do I miss that wet nose. Neither Molly or my other 3 snuggle like he did, he was a one of a kind.

Quote 0 0
turkeyday53
Well, obviously, the big "M" stands for MARVELOUS!!!

eileen
Quote 0 0
roxiebabyg

I am so sorry about your loss, I lost my little bichon frise this past friday.  I cant deal with the fact she is gone.  I have done nothing but cry every moment of the day.   My heart is so broken, I dont know if I will ever be the same.   She was everthing to me. 

Quote 0 0