Sad_mama78
Lately I feel lost and extremely sad since this all started to happen. First, my furbaby boy Cleo who was only 6 years old passed away AUG 02 2017, he was the baby out of the 4 of them. About 8 months After that, it started to somewhat feel “normal” again. Then suddenly out of nowhere one of our oldest Quentin who was 11 years old passed away in his sleep on March 03 2018 There was nothing wrong with him. That day he was is happy go lucky self. I was physically starting to feel sick to my stomach and had so many sleepless nights on google trying to figure out what happened and why it happened. Half the time I didn’t want to go home and miss all the special greetings and luv I would get from those two boys if they were still here. My house was too quiet. But I did have 2 girls in the house that needed me including my husband. I cried a lot, but tried to cry alone. I felt that once I got Quentin ashes back I’ll settle down (that’s a whole other story). So I did my best to be strong.....until May03rd 2018 (1 week ago) when I woke up and found my baby girl Prancer lying by a door she never layed by in her whole 11 years in this world and something deep down twisted my stomach and I knew something was up i called my husband at work almost crying telling him I think something is wrong with Prancer, he was very upset and said he’d be home soon. I of course watched her every move analyze it, she seemed a bit tired but other than that ok. She a tiny bit, drank a little and walked around but slower than usual. She also wanted to be left alone which is the big red flag cause she never wanted to be alone. Either cuddling with her brothers when they were alive or her sister or us. So we decided to wait till the morning to bring her to the vet (as her vet is about 2 hours away from our new home) we will spend lots of time and love with her just in case it’s bad news. By 530am the next morning things went downhill drastically. She had slept by her water dish and when she went to stand up her back legs gave out. I helped her up and she collapsed down also by this time she looked like she was taking very deep breaths with her mouth open. I yelled to my husband to wake up and get dressed we have to take her now!!!! As we all ran around getting stuff together I glanced in on her and she was again lying in the kitchen but this time in her own urine. I immediately ran to her grabbed a towel and gently picked her up gave her a bath and broke down. I knew in my gut she was dying. Flashback of all the little weird things she was doing the day before and it confirmed my gut feeling. I gave her a nice smelling warm bubble bath, dried her off on a big beach towel even though she’s about 6 pounds. We decided to not put her in a carrier and to let her just relax in the big open back seat that we pulled down so it was like a big bed. I stopped off at a pet store to buy her, her very own blanket. Half way to the vet I kept looking behind me at her and she kept trying to move, she was restless, then like a miracle she stood up and wanted to sit on my lap and in my arms. The poor girl didn’t have any strength but showed a lot right then. So I grabbed her put her in my arms with her new blanket and she immediately relaxed, didn’t move the rest of the way. We put music on for her, talked to her kept telling her we love her very much. We arrived at the vet, went into the room with a couch and coffee table etc. Dr came in examined her and based on our observations as well as her own, came to the conclusion as well that she was slowly dying from exactly what we suspected, kidney failure. Also her right lung was no longer working as it has some fluid in it. So the best decision at this point was to let her go to sleep. She’s 11 she’s had a great life full of so much love and fun and the vet said basically there isn’t much other than dialysis that can be done and a lot of meds pretty much the rest of her life. On her advice, she said this usually is a lot of stress on an animal and might not even work. We didn’t want to put her though any more suffering, heartache, or having her not knowing what’s wrong with herself. So we agreed with our vet who’s known Prancer since she was a kitten, to let her go to sleep. The entire time while in the vet she was comfortable in my arms so the vet asked if it’s ok she pass in my arms and I said absolutely I would not want her anywhere else right now. We had our time with her while the dr was getting the meds together. Then she came in, put the IV in she didn’t flinch, and started the meds. I’m ballling my eyes out at this time. Telling Prancer she can let go now, we love her so much, don’t be scared, your two brothers Quentin and Cleo will be waiting for you. Then just like that the vet was done, checked her vitals and said to us “She’s your little angel now” and left the room. I’m still holding her at the point and my sadness is overwhelming. How is this happening?!?!? 9 months ago we had 4 cats and now down to one more. How is her sister Adidas going to take this?!?!? So many different things running through my head. We finish up pick her urn and asked she be cremated with the blanket I was holding her in and asked for a hair clipping and paw print before she is sent to be cremated. We left and I feel like this is some sort of nightmare I’m in. How does this happen? 3 beautiful, amazing fur babies in 9 months?!?! Why?!? And now I’m so sad cause Adidas our last one, she doesn’t know what’s going on where her brothers and sister are. I’m spoiling her cause I want her to feel so much love all the time, to know she’s not feeling this alone. But some days she’s ok and days like today she’s distant and searching the house crying 😭 if anyone else has been through this or know something we can do to get her through this please tell me, please!!! I know we have decided to move so when that happens we thought we might get a kitten and a puppy for her and for us. We loved being a big family of 6 and now down to a family of 3. So I know the day will come when our family will grown again, but until that day I need help figuring all these little things out to make everyone as happy and loved ❤️

Thanks for listening
Sad mama
RIP my sweet babies

❤️CLEO (Aug 02 2017)❤️
❤️QUENTIN (March 03 2018)❤️
❤️PRANCER (May 04 2018) ❤️
🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈

Quote 0 0
Apollo_the_great
So sorry for your loss.
William
Quote 0 0
camunki
I am so sorry for the loss of your Cleo, then Quentin and most recently your sweet Prancer and losing them within a 9 month period is extremely overwhelming and I am sure your heart aches as if it pounding out of your chest.

I am glad you held your sweet Prancer til the very end knowing how much you love her...and I am sure when you think of your Prancer flashbacks of your sweet Cleo and Quentin come to mind. You will feel like you are grieving over three times.

You sound like a great Mom from your writing and you had so much love for your sweet babies and they know this.

I lost my 3 dogs Jemma, Munki and Daizy within a 22 month period, they were all older and seniors but the loss haunts me......I am still grieving after losing Jemma on Oct 21, 2016, my heart aches for them all.

Please know this is a safe place to talk, people understand your feelings and we all love our pets unconditionally just like a family member, not just a pet...but considered our "babies".  I wish you strength on this difficult path and it has helped me to journal each day, and to talk to my babies aloud each day.

My heart goes out to you at this difficult time.

Cam

Quote 0 0
Bailey15
I am so sorry for your losses. Losing 3 precious pets in such a short time is truly heartbreaking.
The journal idea that Cam mentioned is a good one. It helped me after losing my little dog. I would write down everything I wanted to remember about Bailey: nicknames, his favourite things to do, treats, etc. You may find this helps especially with 3 babies who were all different. I would try to spend a lot of time with Adidas as she is likely feeling very alone and confused. You can comfort each other as you both experienced all of these losses. Don't be afraid to let her see you cry. It will help her to understand that you are also missing Cleo, Quentin and Prancer and will also allow her to comfort her mom. Sending hugs,
MJ
Quote 0 0
catiebee
I can't imagine how overwhelming it is to lose all three in such a short time. My heart aches for you, reading your story. I am so, so sorry!
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
Sad_mama78 wrote:
Lately I feel lost and extremely sad since this all started to happen. First, my furbaby boy Cleo who was only 6 years old passed away AUG 02 2017, he was the baby out of the 4 of them. About 8 months After that, it started to somewhat feel “normal” again. Then suddenly out of nowhere one of our oldest Quentin who was 11 years old passed away in his sleep on March 03 2018 There was nothing wrong with him. That day he was is happy go lucky self. I was physically starting to feel sick to my stomach and had so many sleepless nights on google trying to figure out what happened and why it happened. Half the time I didn’t want to go home and miss all the special greetings and luv I would get from those two boys if they were still here. My house was too quiet. But I did have 2 girls in the house that needed me including my husband. I cried a lot, but tried to cry alone. I felt that once I got Quentin ashes back I’ll settle down (that’s a whole other story). So I did my best to be strong.....until May03rd 2018 (1 week ago) when I woke up and found my baby girl Prancer lying by a door she never layed by in her whole 11 years in this world and something deep down twisted my stomach and I knew something was up i called my husband at work almost crying telling him I think something is wrong with Prancer, he was very upset and said he’d be home soon. I of course watched her every move analyze it, she seemed a bit tired but other than that ok. She a tiny bit, drank a little and walked around but slower than usual. She also wanted to be left alone which is the big red flag cause she never wanted to be alone. Either cuddling with her brothers when they were alive or her sister or us. So we decided to wait till the morning to bring her to the vet (as her vet is about 2 hours away from our new home) we will spend lots of time and love with her just in case it’s bad news. By 530am the next morning things went downhill drastically. She had slept by her water dish and when she went to stand up her back legs gave out. I helped her up and she collapsed down also by this time she looked like she was taking very deep breaths with her mouth open. I yelled to my husband to wake up and get dressed we have to take her now!!!! As we all ran around getting stuff together I glanced in on her and she was again lying in the kitchen but this time in her own urine. I immediately ran to her grabbed a towel and gently picked her up gave her a bath and broke down. I knew in my gut she was dying. Flashback of all the little weird things she was doing the day before and it confirmed my gut feeling. I gave her a nice smelling warm bubble bath, dried her off on a big beach towel even though she’s about 6 pounds. We decided to not put her in a carrier and to let her just relax in the big open back seat that we pulled down so it was like a big bed. I stopped off at a pet store to buy her, her very own blanket. Half way to the vet I kept looking behind me at her and she kept trying to move, she was restless, then like a miracle she stood up and wanted to sit on my lap and in my arms. The poor girl didn’t have any strength but showed a lot right then. So I grabbed her put her in my arms with her new blanket and she immediately relaxed, didn’t move the rest of the way. We put music on for her, talked to her kept telling her we love her very much. We arrived at the vet, went into the room with a couch and coffee table etc. Dr came in examined her and based on our observations as well as her own, came to the conclusion as well that she was slowly dying from exactly what we suspected, kidney failure. Also her right lung was no longer working as it has some fluid in it. So the best decision at this point was to let her go to sleep. She’s 11 she’s had a great life full of so much love and fun and the vet said basically there isn’t much other than dialysis that can be done and a lot of meds pretty much the rest of her life. On her advice, she said this usually is a lot of stress on an animal and might not even work. We didn’t want to put her though any more suffering, heartache, or having her not knowing what’s wrong with herself. So we agreed with our vet who’s known Prancer since she was a kitten, to let her go to sleep. The entire time while in the vet she was comfortable in my arms so the vet asked if it’s ok she pass in my arms and I said absolutely I would not want her anywhere else right now. We had our time with her while the dr was getting the meds together. Then she came in, put the IV in she didn’t flinch, and started the meds. I’m ballling my eyes out at this time. Telling Prancer she can let go now, we love her so much, don’t be scared, your two brothers Quentin and Cleo will be waiting for you. Then just like that the vet was done, checked her vitals and said to us “She’s your little angel now” and left the room. I’m still holding her at the point and my sadness is overwhelming. How is this happening?!?!? 9 months ago we had 4 cats and now down to one more. How is her sister Adidas going to take this?!?!? So many different things running through my head. We finish up pick her urn and asked she be cremated with the blanket I was holding her in and asked for a hair clipping and paw print before she is sent to be cremated. We left and I feel like this is some sort of nightmare I’m in. How does this happen? 3 beautiful, amazing fur babies in 9 months?!?! Why?!? And now I’m so sad cause Adidas our last one, she doesn’t know what’s going on where her brothers and sister are. I’m spoiling her cause I want her to feel so much love all the time, to know she’s not feeling this alone. But some days she’s ok and days like today she’s distant and searching the house crying 😭 if anyone else has been through this or know something we can do to get her through this please tell me, please!!! I know we have decided to move so when that happens we thought we might get a kitten and a puppy for her and for us. We loved being a big family of 6 and now down to a family of 3. So I know the day will come when our family will grown again, but until that day I need help figuring all these little things out to make everyone as happy and loved ❤️

Thanks for listening
Sad mama
RIP my sweet babies

❤️CLEO (Aug 02 2017)❤️
❤️QUENTIN (March 03 2018)❤️
❤️PRANCER (May 04 2018) ❤️
🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈

Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
I know you don’t feel ready but for your other kitty I think you need to get her a sibling. I’ve just gone through the death of my best friend, my Tankie😔, but her birth sibling suffered just as much. Like yours, looking for her, waiting at the door, the gate. You could just see it in her eyes, it was a second heartbreak but one I knew I had to help her with. Bringing a puppy in this house was no easy thing, she doesn’t like other dogs and at 92 lbs she has the ability to do harm. I alone introduced her to a very small 9 wk old puppy hoping age would bring out a maternal instinct instead of prey. It was rocky but that puppy loves her so much and showers her with so much attention she couldn’t help but be at the very least distracted. It has been wonderful for her. We don’t have to be ready, I wasn’t, but as pet Mommy’s we, as always look out for our young first, take care,,,
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0