AllConsumingGrief
We had to put our little girl to sleep yesterday.  As my user name indicates the grief is all consuming.  We have no human children, so our feline children are our life.  Bailey Piper was our firstborn and our first to pass away.  Her little brother is roaming the house in search of her.  It is all just gut wrenching.  It happened so fast.  On Sunday, she was fine and by Thursday, she couldn't eat, drink, walk and was barely able to lift her head.  We still are at a loss as to what exactly happened.  She lost 45% of her body weight in just a matter of days, weighing only 4.2 lbs when she passed.  Her doctor thought it was a kidney issue until she urinated proving that her kidneys were functioning; her labwork also came back normal.  An x-ray did show a possible mass in her chest, but it was sketchy.  I can't stop crying and I can't even go into our room (she slept w/ us every night and bits of her fur still coat the bedspread).  I've been clinging to the blanket she was wrapped in when we took her in.  Will this pain ever end?
Our little Bailey Piper girl passed on 6/20/13 following sudden and unexpected health complications. For us, she was not a pet, but our child. I miss her roaming the house and cuddling w/ me every night. She was my Beeper Girl and oh so loved. I pray her memories will sustain me in time. Unable to change my username; would like to make it BeeperMemories.
Quote 0 0
firelace
I am so sorry for your loss. How sad about your bed. :-( I feel for you. There is really nothing I can say that will help right now. I can only say I understand and we are here for you in this time of deepest sorrow. I feel your loss as I am also grieving for my Star who left us on May 26.

Star's Mama
RIP our beautiful shining Star. We love you and will miss you always and forever.
Quote 0 0
sadieandsugar
Im so sorry for your sudden loss of your baby, it will get better in time, everyone is so different when they greive, I lost my Sadie girl to kidney failure, I had her for 8 years, she is so much missed everyday of my life, I do have some good days but then some days I just wake up crying for her, she was my furkid, daughter, like you I cant have kids of my own, so yes it hurts so bad. if you need to talk more please email me at sadieandsugar@live.com  I am hear for you, I would like to hear more about your baby when you are ready. you take care and godbless you and your family. sadiesmommy
my sweet sadie girl she was a pomeranian and she was the sweetest little girl ever, she loved every one and she loved life in general she was my child because my husband and I could never have kids of our own, so she was definately our daughter, she was thebest furkid ever in my life we were soul mates from the beginning , we adopted her when she was only 8 weeks old, she was so cute and then she turned out to be the most beautiful pomeranian ever I have ever seen in my life. she was with us for 8 wonderful years but I didnt think that was long enough she was so young when we had to put her to sleep, she had diabetes foe a few years and then her kidneys just started shutting down it was so sad it killed us when we had to say goodbye to sadie!!!!!!!
Quote 0 0
PeteyLover
I'm so sorry about Bailey Piper. Yes its overwhelming and sorry to say you may feel this was for a little while. I lost my 16 yr old boy on May 13th and it gets a little better, some days, but other days are the pits. We all know how you feel and are here for you.
Quote 0 0
Baileys_mum_01
I am so sorry for your loss of your beloved Bailey Piper.  My Bailey, a rough collie went to sleep on 25th May this year.  It was all very sudden for us too, but he was twelve years old and we knew his body was slowing down.  I am just grateful that my boys were able to come home for a few days from university to say goodbye.  The three of us were with him when he went to sleep peacefully.  The first few days were really hard for me but then I started to find some peace.  But this last week has been really tough and I feel so alone.  As Peteylover said we all know how you feel and are here for you.  You are in my thoughts.
Quote 0 0
AllConsumingGrief
Firelace, sadieandsugar, PeteyLover and TomT (I chatted w/ you this morning),
Thank you so much for your support.  It is all so surreal and I can't believe it.  I actually called upstairs for her last night; I had forgotten that she was.  My husband asked what I was doing and I called down that I was looking for Beeper (one of her many nicknames).  He just looked up at me silently and waited for it to register in my mind.  When it did, I broke down all over again.  I slept w/ her blanket last night (was grateful for the sleep) and awoke crying yet again.
Bailey Piper wasn't a pet to me; she was my child.  I don't want to admit that she isn't here w/ me.
Our little Bailey Piper girl passed on 6/20/13 following sudden and unexpected health complications. For us, she was not a pet, but our child. I miss her roaming the house and cuddling w/ me every night. She was my Beeper Girl and oh so loved. I pray her memories will sustain me in time. Unable to change my username; would like to make it BeeperMemories.
Quote 0 0
AllConsumingGrief
Thank you too Baileys mum 01 (Diane),
Isn't Bailey a great name?  Sorry that your boys have returned to university.  Being alone in the house makes it much more difficult.  My husband had to work today.  I was supposed to work as well, but was sent home; I must admit I was a bit of a mess.  I work in a doctors office, so having me walk about crying isn't good for the patients.
Quote 0 0
sadieandsugar
I tried to chat with you but its not working right now, that happens a lot, why don't you email me, here is my email address, sadieandsugar@live.com I hope to here from you soon. sadiesmommy
my sweet sadie girl she was a pomeranian and she was the sweetest little girl ever, she loved every one and she loved life in general she was my child because my husband and I could never have kids of our own, so she was definately our daughter, she was thebest furkid ever in my life we were soul mates from the beginning , we adopted her when she was only 8 weeks old, she was so cute and then she turned out to be the most beautiful pomeranian ever I have ever seen in my life. she was with us for 8 wonderful years but I didnt think that was long enough she was so young when we had to put her to sleep, she had diabetes foe a few years and then her kidneys just started shutting down it was so sad it killed us when we had to say goodbye to sadie!!!!!!!
Quote 0 0