catiebee
Sharing the link to a current article on Healthline that may be helpful. There are a few additional articles and resources near the bottom of the page.

Why the Loss of Your Pet Could Be the Hardest to Bear

Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
Thank you for sharing it’s a wonderful article full of links at the end to further look through. I hope this weekend is good to you, for some reason they seem to be so “open” and “welcoming” to stinging pain. Maybe it’s because they represent everything another full week has ahead of us and it’s nothing to look forward to, or open time for our minds to wonder, and miss, and hurt, and wish, knowing wishes no longer come true. Take care Catie, be good to you
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
dachsiemom
Thank you so much for posting that article.  Many people are shocked at the grief they experience when their beloved pet dies.  And those who have never loved a cat or dog assume that the loss of a pet is not as bad as the loss of a person.  Just the opposite is true.  When we lose a pet we lose a part of ourself. The broken heart is real.  -Dachshiemom
Moira - remembering Brandon
"Better lo'ed ye canna be. Will ye no' come back again?"
Quote 0 0
MissingScooty
Catie thank you---I have read many articles, but this is one of the best.  Just really right on in many ways. Thank you my friend. Hugs.
Missing and loving Scooter Forever
- Melissa
Quote 0 0
catiebee
I'm glad it helped a little. 

Big hugs to you, Lynn, Moira and Melissa!  I hope all of your weekends go as well as possible.  Wishing everyone much comfort!
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0