harli1999

I live in Northern Michigan and had snow almost since December.  Since I lost Harli last week, we've had nothing but nice 50-60 sunny days.  should be that I am so glad to see Spring w/ all the snow I've had but not the case.  I know she would've just been wanting to stay for hours sniffing the uncovering of the ground.   I feel guilty that she cannot enjoy this weather w/ us and that I am not fully enjoying it w/ my family as I should because Harli is gone.  I miss her so; today marks a week.

Quote 0 0
Susie_Squillions
((((((((Harli's Mom))))))))

It's so hard adjusting to the new state of normal in our lives.  Maybe Harli is sending you a sign that she is with you.  I hope you will get one loud and clear.  She's basking in the sun and chasing butterflies at the Rainbow Bridge with T.J., Buddy, Bingo, and all of my other Bridge Kitties, I promise you.  Buddy had a special affection for the dogs at the clinic in his last few weeks when he spent so much time there.  I know he has taken Harli under his wings and he romps and cuddles with her now.  There is no better playmate in the cosmos than my little Buddy Guy.  He was all about play time when he was here on earth.

xoxoxo

My heart is battered and bruised, but I will not let it break. It holds such precious cargo, I must protect it now. (Susie Squillions)

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Quote 0 0
heather16
Hi Harli1999, 

I'm having a hard time with it too :-(. For the past 4 days its been between 60-70 degrees and thursday was a week since i put my cat princess down. She LOVED the sun, and laying upside down when the sun came through the windows was her favorite, i actually got her ashes back yesterday and i had them in the sun for her. It's very hard when so many things remind us of our pets. The only thing is to take it day by day, that is what i've learned to do. Some days are good, and then some days i'll have a few minutes of where i can't stop crying. Its very hard and i know exactly what you mean with the warm days. We are all here for you 

Take Care 
Quote 0 0
Susie_Squillions
Hi Heather ~

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.  Last Tuesday was one week for us after saying goodbye (for now) to T.J., the cat in my profile picture.  That picture was taken less than 20 hours before he was gone. He was an indoor cat all of his 16+ years, but he escaped into the sunshine a few times and I always joked about it saying, "He would slit his wrists if he thought he would never get outside again."   I was bound and determined for him to have another visit outdoors before he had to leave us.  His last two days were cool, but the sun was shining, and he got to go outside and feel the warmth of it on his coat again. 

When we took T.J. to the clinic to assist him on his final journey it was a gorgeous day, and my husband stood in the warm sunshine with him while I went inside and filled out the paperwork for that difficult visit.  The following two days were drab and rainy, just like my emotions.

Our Bridge Kids now frolic in the warm sunshine in the meadows and woods at the Rainbow Bridge, passing the time until we join them forever.  Until that time comes, try to envision them all around you on every sunny day.  They are never more than a whisper away from us.

xoxoxo

My heart is battered and bruised, but I will not let it break. It holds such precious cargo, I must protect it now. (Susie Squillions)

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Quote 0 0
harli1999
thank you Susie and Heather. 

They say Pomeranians are not outdoor dogs but that was the opposite w/ Harli.  She loved the fall, winter and spring and loved being outside.  The week before we said goodbye, she hobbled out on our back deck w/ us and plopped herself in the last remaining patch of snow.  I thought maybe she couldnt get out because of her weakness so I picked her up out of it and she stumbled right back into it.  I left her on the deck for 2 hours, she basked in the sun and smelled the wind.  It was almost like she knew it was one of her last times out there.

Susie-I am sorry you lost TJ just recently too.  The wounds are fresh.  I really appreciate your support.

Heather-I am sorry about princess.  It must be like re-living everything getting the ashes back..... I can't imagine.  I am trying to take a day at a time and some times I am so distracted w/ the kids that I think I am doing great.  But once they go to sleep and the house gets quiet again........it gets really quiet.

I am sure these sunny days will seem brighter but for now, just one at a time.
Quote 0 0
Goobiesbf
The curse of warm weather happened to me, too.  My poor Goobie lost gobs of hair, lost almost half his weight and was just miserable while it was dark, gray, cold and pouring rain.  The day he was euthanized the sun came out.  The next day and for the following week it was close to 80 and the lizards he loved to pester and hadn't been seen since October were out and about.  The sun and warmth were torture until I read a post about signs from our dear little ones.  Because of the non-hibernating bears here, I'd gotten up in the dark of every morning to hang my hummingbird feeders - in the cold, in the rain, in the wind.  I'd gotten my hair, my skin and, especially when it was pouring, my feet sop and wet (one morning I gave up and went out barefoot).  I hated the cold and the wet.  When I saw the beautiful weather as the gift from Goobs which I knew it be, I felt comforted.

The great weather lasted only that one week and was gone the day after the evening I had my revelation.  It was like "OK, she understands." and I didn't need the sign anymore.

Now, Spring has hit full force.  The fruit trees are blooming.  There's life everywhere...except the old cat who loved patrolling his yard, rolling in his favorite dirt patch and sitting under the plum tree watching the birds feed is gone and there's an emptiness that I can't shake right now.

This is one more "bump" in the grief paths we're walking right now.  It's not fair that our fur-kids aren't here with us to enjoy the nice weather.  We feel guilty for being here when they're not.  Hold onto the hope that one day soon the season will loose its painfulness and you'll be able to smile in the sun. 
Quote 0 0