Scarlet
My sweet boy, Petey. I miss him terribly. It’s been a month and I feel like everything is standing still. I can’t move. My heart hurts both physically and emotionally. It will get easier they say but it’s not. I can’t believe that I had to let you go. I’m furious that I had to make the decision but was given no real other option. You were so scared and I couldn’t help you. I held you close and kissed your cheek. I whispered how much mommy loved you and told you not to be afraid. I tried to keep my voice calm and hold back my tears so you weren’t afraid. My sweet Pete, I’m so sorry. I love and miss you so much. The loving stare from your kind loving eyes... I will never forget. Kindred spirits we are my sweet boy. Old souls. Your passing is devastating and I am empty.
Quote 0 0
RileysMom
Hi Scarlet,

I’m so sorry about Petey. It’s awful losing a loved one, the grief can be very overwhelming. We always feel so helpless when our pets are going through something we can’t get them out of. Tell us more about your boy when you feel ready.
Val
—Loving Riley, Rosy & Axl always 🐾

Quote 0 0
Scarlet
RileysMom
Thank you for understanding. My sweet Pete was just the coolest little guy. Very independent and confident
in his 8lb frame. He would stand up to anyone or anything! When I would pull up he would be waiting for me in the window. His tail wagging 100 mph twirling in circles and crying from excitement! I would scoop him up in my arms and he would kiss me as if he hadn’t seen me days! He loved snacks, especially cucumber. He’d follow me to the kitchen watching and waiting for his treats. I brought him some cucumber the day I had to say goodbye. I haven’t been able to have one since that day. When it was time to relax I would pull out my favorite blanket, which was his favorite too and he would jump up and put his face in my face. His cheek to my lips. He loved to cuddle. His snore was hilarious! That of a Great Dane in his little chihuahua frame lol! It’s so quiet now. No snore. No pitter patter tap dancin feet across my floor. The silence is deafening.
Quote 0 0
RileysMom
I think the silence is the worst sometimes. I’m sorry you’re having to go through this.

Your Pete sounds like a cool guy! I’m glad you were able to have him in your life. The cuddles are the best. There’s nothing like snuggling with your little one under a favorite blanket.
Val
—Loving Riley, Rosy & Axl always 🐾

Quote 0 0
Scarlet
RileysMom, I’m sorry about your sweet girl. It’s so hard to accept that we did everything we could when you don’t understand what happened. You have her your heart and she gave you hers ❤️
Quote 0 0
catiebee
Not hearing and not finding them is devastating. I'm so sorry for all you're suffering over Petey. He sounds like he was a big ball of energy and a real character!
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0