mollysmom1
I didn't know that today would be the last day with my baby. We have been together for 13 years. Her name was Molly and she came to us as an unwanted, unloved, and unneeded dog. She became part of our family immediately. On the couch, upstairs, where every she wanted to go, she was allowed. She sat with me while I studied for my bachelor's and then my master's. Always ready for a walk, when I needed a break. She listened to all of my conversations and never talked back. She was my children's greatest companion. Riding in the bike basket, or wagon, or stroller, she went and never complained, So today when my baby was in so much pain and could not breathe, I needed to be there for her, and I did what needed to be done for the love and peace of my Molly. But now as I sit here, I want my Molly back, but know she is at peace. She was the perfect dog for my family. I feel blessed for that, but saddened to the bottom of my heart with grief and disbelief that our time together is over, I will miss you forever Molly and love you until we meet again. For the people of this forum who have posted before me, thank you, your stories have help me through this long day.
molly'smom
Quote 0 0
Jimbo106
I'm very sorry for your loss. Saying goodbye to an old friend is so hard, even when we know their suffering is over.

Blessings to you and your family.

Jim
Quote 0 0
mollysmom1
Thank you for your thoughts, I didn't know it would be this hard. To know that I am not the only one is so comforting. Especially at this time of year again thank you.
molly'smom
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
Mollys Mum, I was in your place 3 weeks ago when we lost our beautiful best friend Jim. He was also an unwanted rescue boy, we had him for 17 years, the best years of our lives, the most gentle , loving boy you could wish to have. It broke our hearts to  make that terrible decision to let him go, but he was suffering, he tried so hard to stay with us, but we knew he could not stay. We are just about able to talk about him, remembering all his funny little ways without breaking down, but we loved him too much to let him stay. The last act of love we can give our friends is to let them go peacefully, and try to remember all the good times we had with them. My heart go`s out to you, Molly loves you with all her heart, and you most definately will see her again some day. Your bond with her will always be strong. Hugs to you, Jackie. xxx
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
robertian1959
Hi Molly's mum , lost my baby of 15 years three weeks tomorrow. I understand your feelings , i still wish i could have had one more hour , day or week with her just so i could stroke her or tell her how much i love her.

Three weeks and yet writing this the tears are still flowing . It does get less awful but like me you will wonder when . People will say remember the good times but at the moment they hurt more .

Knowing how my Gemma was i bet she is at the rainbow bridge running around with all the others there waiting for me to get there and take her for her walkies and klsses.
Gemma's Daddy
Quote 0 0
camunki
hi Mollysmom, i am so sorry for the loss of your Molly, you sure did take good care of her, and I am sure Molly Finally knew what real love was, being treated like a queen.  I lost my baby too at 13 years, recently on 12/3, my Dog Munki and I am still torn up, crying, etc, but each day i try to
replace "some"  of the tears with good memories, happy memories of my baby. I know your baby Molly is watching over you, she is now at the Rainbow Bridge, no more pain, all peace and she is having fun. She will be waiting, until that blessed day when you meet again.

Cam

Cam

Quote 0 0
Joyboys
So sorry for the loss of your Molly. Even when our babies have had long lives, their sudden departure leaves an emptiness, and our caring for them has become part of our DNA. 
I grieve my two boys within 2 months. My Sweet old boy Edo died in Oct at 15....and Willie and I were adjusting to life without him when Willie got sick and wasn't diagnosed with lymphoma until it was far too late for any treatment to give him any quality of life.  
I can look at pictures of my Edo and talk to him with the love and sweetness I always felt, but with Willie dying as he did, I have become a ghost. And right now that's all I want to be. Give yourself all the time you need during these first few weeks. Be gentle and keep her love in your heart, for that is where she left it for you. 
"The wound is the place where the light enters you."
-Rumi
Quote 0 0
LindaDwyer
No matter how long we have them its never long enough, But she is now sleeping in your heart and you will always have memories of her.  You may never really get over loosing her but you will learn to live without her.  

A year ago in May I lost my beloved bengal cat.  He was 12, he was eating but loosing weight, I took him to the vet and was told he had a cancerous growth in his chest, he had regular vet care but this grew so fast we never saw it coming.  I asked the vet how long he had and was told maybe a week but the lump was so big he would strangle, I didn't want that for him and hard as it was I had him put down right away.  I held his little body in my arms and watched the life go out of him.  I was devastated and inconsolable.  But I didn't want him to suffer so I did what I had to do for him, my feelings were second.  I have a siamese and another bengal and a german shepherd but no one will ever replace my lost bengal boy.  I got the siamese for him as he was so bonded to me he'd pull his hair out if I left him alone, after running tests the vet determined it was stress and told me to get him a kitten so I got the siamese for him, We used to joke about how he'd left me for another woman.  She was lost without him also, this cat never went outside but when he died she kept trying to get out to look for him.  In her own way she missed him as much as I did.  

Then my daughter boughtt me another bengal kitten for Mother's day, he wasn't born yet but she had put a deposit on him and I had pick of the litter.  He is a love, I love him as much as I did my other one but in a different way.  No one will ever replace him, but I remind myself the new one isn't trying to be a replacement, he made a place of his own.

Years ago my daughter had an oil painting done of him, for a time I turned the picture around as I couldn't bare to look at it, but now its back where it should be, I still miss him but I realize I did the right thing for him.  

It will take time but eventually you will be ready to open your heart and get another, not as a replacement but there are so many animals looking for homes and if she could talk your girl would tell you to love another.  In the meantime take all the time you need to grieve, don't listen to people that say "its only an animal" what do they know?  Unless someone has loved and lost a pet they have no clue.  You and only you know how you feel.  

I wish peace for you, you made the right decision, maybe not for you but for her.

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"
Quote 0 0
mollysmom1
Thank you to everyone who has taken time out of your day to post. I appreciate the thoughts and support more than I can every repay. I am so glad I found this site, it is so soothing to the mind and heart to share this unbelievable loss with others who are walking the same path. ( At least I know I not going crazy:()

The vet's office called today and I was able to bring Molly home. It is comforting to have her remains back. My husband was a little put off by the thought of keeping her remains and he is even glad to have her back home. We had a print made of her paw, which I don't even remember saying yes to, but am so glad I have now. 

I continue to think about her all the time. I didn't realize how much I talked to her, in the early morning we shared coffee (and CocoPuffs) together. She greeted my at the door when I returned home at night. She was always there. I am so humbled that she shared her life with me. Molly girl, I will love you until we meet again.
molly'smom
Quote 0 0