Fiona_W
I want to share with all of you a phrase from Sigmund Freud: he called grief "the work of mourning." I think that's an important thing for us to remember, as we are mourning.... that it's HARD WORK to bring ourselves through this process.

—peace, love, & rock-n-roll,

Fi ("fee")
Quote 0 0
Avabear
That's so true, and it is very very hard work.
Avabears mummy

'It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them, and every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are.' Anon

Quote 0 0
RileysMom
Agreed! Good quote!
Val
—Loving Riley, Rosy & Axl always 🐾

Quote 0 0
Wileykitten
Fiona i was just reading about your babies and im so sad for u. I saw their picture on AmyA's post they are so beautiful. ..I, too, lost my Sevyn unexpectedly and your post caught my heart. Its such a loss.. and yours was two-fold. Im so sorry.
I wanted to thank u for Freud's quote.. i needed that as so many people say i need to move on, let it go, and get myself together.
It is hard work, and I think in a world that many people see them as "just pets", we need to give ourselves permission to grieve. .. no matter how long it takes.

God bless you xoxo
Stacie
Quote 0 0
ForMitookie_03
Fiona,  thanks for sharing.  I agree with Avabears mummy that it is such hard work.  Maybe that's why I'm always exhausted.  Your babies are beautiful.
To Stacie, those people that say you need to move on, clearly just don't understand.  I feel sorry for people like that because I believe they have never known the true love and strong bond humans can have with their pets, and that's really sad if you think about it.  I was telling my counselor yesterday how glad I was that I found this forum; where people understand and can sympathize because they know what I'm feeling.  I told him I think there is still such a lingering belief that animals are "less than" and therefore don't count.  If someone tells you that you need to move on, I think it is they that need to move on.....out of your life.

Hugs,

Marina
Marina ~ Mitookie's Mom
Quote 0 0