Valley_hughes
Hello everyone. Thank you for the love and support you have given me this last couple of days. I want to share with you the story of my beautiful dog Peanut. One day when I was 21 and working at Walmart a lady walked in with the cutest puppy I had ever seen. It was true love at first sight. She told me that “Monty” was a 3 month old chihuahua rat terrier mix and that she couldn’t keep him. I bought him from her immediately. My husband and I had just gotten married and he just joined the military. He was getting ready to leave for training and Peanut was the perfect companion.

You guys should have seen him as a puppy. He was a stinker but so much fun. He has travelled everywhere with us, including Okinawa Japan, Illinois, Nevada, and finally here in Northern California. When we moved to Nevada, Peanut started to have some skin and incontinence issues. He couldn’t sleep in bed with us anymore which was a bummer but he was still active. Fast forward 4 more years when we moved back to California. The last 2 years we have spent hundreds of dollars on his poor skin but it kept getting worse and worse. He started sleeping all of the time and refusing to go potty outside, even when let out. He would come right in and go potty. We would get so annoyed when we would step in it and now having him gone I feel so much anguish about this minor annoyance that I see it as now. He slept all of the time, had a hard time getting around, could no longer go up and down the stairs.

It got hard to see him go downhill and while my life was better with him, his quality of life was suffering. He couldn’t hear or see well anymore. This was the hardest and most agonizing decision I have ever made. I know he is in a better place but I am suffering so much. He was there when all my kids were babies and always stood by me. I just love him and miss him so much.

My life with him was worth the pain I feel now. He has left a lasting impression on my life and made me a better person.
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
Peanuts story and your picture, Valerie, tears for you. Thank you so much for telling us about this amazing lil guy, you are a wonderful Mommy,,,,,
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
Valley_hughes
Tankie12 wrote:
Peanuts story and your picture, Valerie, tears for you. Thank you so much for telling us about this amazing lil guy, you are a wonderful Mommy,,,,,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I feel like I didn’t deserve him but was lucky to have him.
Quote 0 0
Indiana_Andrea
Valley_hughes wrote:

My life with him was worth the pain I feel now. He has left a lasting impression on my life and made me a better person.

What a beautiful story.... of a beautiful little life.... the life of Peanut.  xoxo
They never live long enough....
Quote 0 0
Millie18
Awww, what a great life you had together. Such a global traveler. He was so loved
Diana

Mom to Millie, Roman, Snoopy & step sister to O'Boy
Quote 0 0
Valley_hughes
Millie18 wrote:
Awww, what a great life you had together. Such a global traveler. He was so loved

He got to see more places then a lot of people ever get to! Yes he was loved beyond words. Millie, I have to thank you for your continual support for me. I feel so lucky. Everyone on here is just so great.
Quote 0 0
Rookiesmama
Valerie,
He was meant to be yours ❤ What a lucky dog to have traveled so many places! I am sorry you are hurting so much. (For me) some days are harder than others. There seems no rhyme or reason to it though. 😔
Quote 0 0
CK1991
I saw your post about Peanut on another thread so I read your story and it makes me feel so sad for you. The picture you've posted says it all. It's so incredibly hard to lose our cherished pets. I'm glad you're finding the forum helpful. Support is so important when you are going through something like this and everyone here understands that. I'm thinking of you and wishing that you will find peace.
CK
Quote 0 0
Valley_hughes
Rookiesmama wrote:
Valerie,
He was meant to be yours ❤ What a lucky dog to have traveled so many places! I am sorry you are hurting so much. (For me) some days are harder than others. There seems no rhyme or reason to it though. 😔

Thank you for your kind words. I truly believe he was given to me as a gift from God and I leaned so much from him. I know what you mean. I cry at the most random times right now. I wish you much peace and comfort.
Quote 0 0
Valley_hughes
CK1991 wrote:
I saw your post about Peanut on another thread so I read your story and it makes me feel so sad for you. The picture you've posted says it all. It's so incredibly hard to lose our cherished pets. I'm glad you're finding the forum helpful. Support is so important when you are going through something like this and everyone here understands that. I'm thinking of you and wishing that you will find peace.
CK

Thank you again for your kind responses. I never imagined that this sort of sadness and pain existed until I lose my best friend. Much love to you.
Quote 0 0