sweeteboni
February19,2016 I lost my best friend Spongie due to an enlarged heart,He was all white and I have had him for 10 years,I did not know that pain could hurt so bad,I am stop crying or get it together,This have been the hardest thung I could ever deal with,Sometimes I think the meds they are given makes them worse,I don't know what to do with myself since my best friend is gone.
Quote 0 0
JerseyNonna
what a cutie spongie is and so sorry to read of your loss.  your loss is so recent and raw that it feels like it is the deepest cut any of us can experience and we all well understand what you are feeling.  when I lost my service dog roxie the night after Christmas 2015 I felt as if my world had crashed in on top of me - I felt like I couldn't catch my breath right, could not sleep, had no appetite and cried almost all the time.  these little loved companions touch our hearts and souls as no other human can and when it reaches their time to cross the bridge to eternal life, the hole they leave in our lives just seems so much larger since they were such a huge part of who we become.  i'm happy you have found this place where so many wonderfully caring folks from all over the world can reach out and offer support to others in need even when their own hearts are breaking from the same experience of deep hurt.  I've always been told it takes a special human to love so deeply but I believe it's our fur-babies who give us their love unconditionally that allow us to know what that deep love feels like.  please keep talking to spongie because he really hasn't left you, he still hears you and sees you.  when the pain eases a wee bit you may begin to see a small shadow from the corner of your eye that you think you imagine...it's said it's easier for us to sense, feel and see our loved friends once the deep grief releases it's hold on our hearts and we once more can feel the love they leave in our heart as part of them.  we're all here for you sweetie and many many hugs to you now when you need them the most.
JerseyNonna
Quote 0 0
Beaglemomma
Nothing I can add to what was just so beautifully said other than to add my sympathies that are being sent your way and to agree that this is the worst pain ever.  I have lost family members that I loved with all my heart but I didn't feel as badly as I do over losing my Molly, so you are not alone. 

The bond with animals is something we haven't begun to explore or understand, but it is there and it is STRONG.  Why our babies can't live as long as we do is something unexplained, but have faith that you will see your baby again. 
chair.JPG 
janice
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
So, so sorry on your loss. Our beautiful animals have such a special connection with us, and its so hard when we have to say goodbye to them.  I think its hard for some people to understand just how much they do mean to us, and the deep sense of loss we feel - even more than when we lose family members.  I really think its the unconditional love they bring us, the never judge us, or care what we look like -  they are only happy when we are happy and just want to please us.   Please remember that all of us on this wonderful site all understand exactly what you are going through - I myself am almost 11 weeks into losing my best ever dog Jim. 
                  Big hugs to you, Jackie. x
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
Solo1419
Your not alone with the emptiness. I lost Buck January 19th because of an enlarged heart. I too feel lost and cry all the time. I just wanted to let you know that your not alone. I'm here for you.
Quote 0 0
Tommyhunter123
You not alone you have a new family awaiting you at rainbow bridge. come to our monday night candle lighting ceramony
david gaspari
god bless you and may he help you in your time of need
David R. Gaspari
Quote 0 0
Georgiapeaches
I feel your pain. You are not alone. And your dog reminds me of my Georgia even though they're a different breed. She's all white like that too. Sometimes I wish they could live forever but how selfish would that be.
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
Spongie is a beautiful baby.  Nothing I can add at this time that hasn't already been written.  Accept my sympathies for your loss
Susan
Quote 0 0
lettersatlarge

I lost my pup last week to his enlarged heart which was collapsing his trachea. It progressed so fast. I noticed him coughing at rest and panting on usual walks, so I took him in on a Thursday, got dx'd with enlarged heart/partially collapsed trachea with a fair-ish prognosis and was put on bronchodilators and antibax for irritation/infection, no fluid in lungs whatsoever. Exactly one week later, he went into respiratory crisis, his lungs were suddenly filling with fluid,  his heart failed, and there was no longer anything we could do. My baby was also all-white. A perfect angel.

I'm so sorry for your loss, I know exactly how you're feeling. You wish there was something you could do, and I'm certain you also did everything you could, but when their time comes, the important thing is that you were there and they felt loved, and they didn't have to go through further unnecessary pain.

Quote 0 0
Acetalla
So sad to hear that :( I know its hard but dont give up :) 
I love animals
Quote 0 0
bluegreen_eyes
Try talking it out to family and friends. I'm sure after ten years of being with Spongie, they know how much you loved him, perhaps they have even learned to love the dog. If you're embarrassed or hesitant to confide your pain to them, you could try therapy. There's nothing wrong with telling your problems to a professional. 
bluegreen_eyes
Quote 0 0
MyBabyGirl
I feel the pain as you do.  I am at a loss without my baby girl.  I loved her so much. It really does hurt deeply.
LostMyBabyGirl
Quote 0 0