Sadiesmom061308
I know I should be filled with hope for spring but not tonight. I went out a couple of hours ago to clean the yard a bit. Everywhere I turn I see my beloved Sadie. I had to throw some lawn decorations out. I used to put some small garden animals out in an enclosed garden area. I would leave the gate open. Sadie would sneak in and when she thought I was not looking she would ever so carefully pick a garden decoration up and take it out of the garden and put it in the middle of the lawn. It was our game. It was so very funny and sweet. She was so careful not to break them. She knew I liked them. Those decorations meant something to me then. Not now. I was cleaning another enclosed area and found her pool. That did it for me. Done in that back yard for now. Too sad.
I am always praying for peace and healing for all of us.
Tonight I hurt so much. Tomorrow is another day.
Sending hugs to all. Hoping we come out stronger some how by our losses.
Please God help us.
I love to read about what was special that you all on the forum shared with your babies if you feel like telling.
Quote 0 0
Beaglemomma
Golly, I can't pick just one thing that I miss.  Her life was my life and going on without Molly is unthinkable.  The people on this forum are the most wonderful in the entire world.   I miss everything from kissing her muzzle to rubbing her cute little butt at bedtime.  Hunting for her "lost" treasure's when she knew where they were all the time.  She liked my closet door open and now I can't close it.  Gosh I could write a book.  Good to think of the good things.
Birthday photo.JPG
janice
Quote 0 0
Evie123
Like Beaglesmomma, so many things everywhere I turn. The corner she used to get as far as possible to wee in, the door stop she would pick up to greet us with, the step to get up to our bed, the sunshine she loved to roll about in... Far too many to say and I miss them all so much. Xxx
Quote 0 0
JerseyNonna
oh, for me it has to be roxie taking her chew chips I would give to her as a treat (tae would get to choose one as well) and hide them in a few of her favorite spots - the corner of the sofa closest to the hallway, under my bed pillow and in between the comforter where I would turn it and the sheet down to just where the pillows started.  she would try to carefully get that chew chip under there without disturbing how I made the bed, but of all the things roxie taught herself to help me with...making the bed was never one of them!  gosh I kept those last two chews where she had "buried" them in my bed for safekeeping til she wanted them for almost 2 months - just didn't have the heart to move them until her ashes came home and those chips are in the locked wooden box with her ashes for her as her treat for a life well lived and well loved.  plus there is still the paw outline from her the last time she was belly up laying on the sofa...or it may be from her visits, I don't know but seeing it still there brings a peace to my heart somehow.  oh how I miss my dear sweet roxie girl. 
JerseyNonna
Quote 0 0
Beaglemomma
Isn't this lovely to be sharing these precious moments with each other while we are still grieving terribly.  Thank you Sadiesmom for starting this topic.
janice
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
Hi Tammy, I can just picture your beautiful Sadie putting the decorations into the middle of the lawn. Our dogs did have lots of funny little ways didn`t they? And now it all seems so meaningless and sad that its all in the past.   When we used to tidy the back garden, Jim would always sit watching us,  but when we did the front garden he`d watch us through the window while standing on the chair with his nose pressed against the glass, by the time we`d get back in there would be all these `nose marks` all over the window. The amount of times over the years I cleaned those marks off, now I wish they would still be there.      He used to `lose` his toys underneath the sofa, and I`d spend so long on my hands and knee`s trying to get them all out for him - with him along side me sticking his paw under as far as it would go.    So many other cute little ways he had, its so unfair we had to lose our fun loving little friends.  How we miss them. 
                                                     Hugs, Jackie
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
Sadiesmom061308
Beaglemomma wrote:
Isn't this lovely to be sharing these precious moments with each other while we are still grieving terribly.  Thank you Sadiesmom for starting this topic.

Thank you everyone for sharing your stories . They are all so sweet.
Tammy
Quote 0 0