maddie

I had to put my beloved 14 year old Golden named William to sleep this past Thursday and it's been so painful.  I have lost best friends, parents, and other family members but I don't remember anything hurting this bad. I can't believe how lonely the house is without him.  My eyes have stayed red and puffy and swollen.  He was my baby.  Even though I have a husband and two kids, who are grown, this dog was my baby.

Quote 0 0
judylinn
I hear you maddie. that was the same exact way with my maddie. those deep bonds of love hurt so much when our babies pass. the hurt feels unbearable, and the house so empty. We all here no what that feels like. you just have to grieve. remember though, the invisible chord of love that there is between you two still. It never goes away. and is as close as your heart.
Come here as much as you need to. the people are wonderful, that is what helped through a loss, I didnt think I could survive.  We will be here for you too. My prayers are with you. Judy
Quote 0 0
TootiesGuardian
Maddie,

I'm so sorry for the pain and grief you are suffering.  I feel so bad for you.  I know so well what you're going through.  I have been there.  You are so very right.  It hurts worse losing a beloved furbaby than it does losing a human loved one.  My children are an extension of myself and I love them dearly.  But my Tootie was a part of my heart in a different way.  Losing her was like someone cutting part of my heart away.  She was my yellow rose of Texas.

I understand perfectly well how William was your baby.  There's nothing like having a furbaby touch our hearts.  You are in the right place by being here.  Everyone here is so wonderful, caring, loving and very understanding.  My heart goes out to you Maddie.

Sherry
Tootie ~ Sep. 1, 2000 - Sep. 4, 2010
Shine on you beautiful diamond!
Blueboy ~ Feb. 14, 1989 - Dec. 31, 1993
Always in my heart!
Quote 0 0
maddie

I lost a shepherd mix about 6 years ago and losing her was horrible and I know the pain will slowly go away, but I wish I could fast forward to when it doesn't hurt so bad.  But there are times when I still get sad over losing Madelyn 6 years ago.  And I raised William from a puppy and he has been through so many significant events in my life. When I lost Madelyn, I had William to help me, but now the house is empty except for my husband.  We both are lost without him.  I knew this day would come and I thought I was ready, but it's been so much harder than I ever thought it would be

Quote 0 0
nicokudo
Maddie,

I'm so sorry that you had to say good-bye to your precious William.  We all understand the sadness that envelops you today.

Thinking of you and your precious William.  There is nothing quite like the love of a Golden.

Karen

Karen,Kudo and Nico's mom
Earth mom to Marco and Bella
Quote 0 0