smkovalinsky Show full post »
ashindi
I too felt the same way, I worried myself sick about my baby when she got older and when she got so sick and when she finally crossed over I thought to myself now I don't have to worry about her any more. So no grief is not driving you over the edge I too felt the same way.
Quote 0 0
smkovalinsky
Yes,  ashindi, its about the only compensation we get for their death  -  no more worrying about their dying.  :-(
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
Maddy -is this the Bulgarian Street dog rescue?
There is also another rescue group in Romania, where the problem is very bad and the shelter conditions horrendous. They do good work too.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
maddy79
Sylvia, I am in Romania. Yes, the problem is bad but I think it is getting better, at least in my town. Here is the shelter's I was talking about site, they do a lot of international adoptions, or so I am hearing http://www.aulim.ro/ro/ (sorry, I can't find the english version) And the mayor is building another shelter for about another 3000 dogs. But things may be different in other towns, do you remember what name the group has?

Just last night I was talking to someone and found out there is a device to keep the dogs away. I didn't even know what to say about it, but I guess that's better than hurting them in any way? Funny though, I can walk in the middle of the night with 10 street dogs and they don't hurt me. I will forever defend them, I get into terrible arguments with people who think that only they have the right to live. Poor dogs do what they can to survive and people are to blame for the situation, not the dogs. The ones who abandon them are the same ones who complain... If there is one reason i would like to be rich, it is this one, to help as many dogs as I can.
Quote 0 0
Vivian_M1
I too get very sad about hearing of poor street dogs.  We lost our beloved girl at only 4 years old to cancer and we had only rescued her a little over a year ago. We were told when we got her that she was mainly a backyard and garage dog. However it was clear that she did know the love of humans at one time in her life. She was very well trained and did not seem timid around us.   I just wished that we could have given her more than one year of our love.  Then I too see or hear about other older dogs in no such good situations and it makes me so sad. As a matter of fact we were driving in a neighborhood unfamiliar to us yesterday and we saw this poor dog chained in the front yard.  Nobody paying any attention to it.  People don't even care about them yet they live long lives.  And on this is full of people that lost their beloved pets far too soon. It just seems so unfair.
 I do what I can to give to animal rescue foundations but as Maddy79 said if I were rich I would be able to do more.  
As a note to the original post, we rescued a young dog hoping that it would be a long time before we had to experience having to lose her.  Our first dog died at 11 to cancer also then my first cat as an adult to renal failure at 16 and our second dog at 13 and we had to make that terrible decision to let her go as she had very bad arthritis and then had a spinal stroke and was paralyzed on her whole right side.  All of this in the last 5 years. I know I should be grateful for the last year we had with Stella but if I had known we would have only had that love for one year I may not have adopted her. The pain at any age is too great but at a young age almost unbearable.  I feel that it will take me a very long time to think of her in happier times. 
Vivian M.
Quote 0 0