Susie_Squillions
This is a work in progress.  T.J., our most beautiful kitty (my avatar) is in his final days as we prepare to release him to his next adventure at the Rainbow Bridge with his old friend, Buddy Guy, and his predecessor, Bingo (aka: King Bing, The God Cat).

The poem came to me today out of the blue.  I might fine tune it, and I might leave it as it is, raw, like my emotions tonight.

The One

Susan "Susie Squillions" Lynch, March 8, 2010

The One

Susan Ayres Lynch, March 8, 2010

T.J. is the cat with the shimmering fur

Who rumbles a big, strong, leonine purr.

He has the most smashing, magnificent coat

Colored in shades of brown, gold, peach, and oat.

He rattles the rafters with greatest effect

You’ll know what he’s saying, oh yes, you can bet!

His meow is the best that you’ll ever hear

Whether it comes from quite far, or quite near.

The day that we met he leapt into my arms

And wiggled right into my heart with his charms.

A heart that was broken from saying goodbye

To a another wonderful, special, fur guy.

I swore that Bingo had tossed him to me

As if to say, “This is the one meant for thee.”

T.J. and me, we couldn’t have fought it

We were meant to be, there's no doubt about it.

I became Momcat and he was my fur son,

I didn’t know then he’d become Number One

Within my heart in the blink of an eye,

I thought he was just sent to silence my cries.

But he was the one who helped me to heal

And filled me with love that was ever so real.

He taught me that, yes, I could open my heart

And that loving him was the best way to start.

Now he is the one who is breaking my heart.

The time has now come when we have to part

So he can go on to his new life above,

But I know he’ll surround me with all his love.

My heart is battered and bruised, but I will not let it break. It holds such precious cargo, I must protect it now. (Susie Squillions)

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Quote 0 0
Susie_Squillions
My beautiful T.J., my Sweet Baboo, my Main Boogaloo, my Big Red Roo, made his peaceful journey to the Rainbow Bridge at 1:50 this afternoon.  He left this life gazing into my eyes as I whispered all of my words of love to him.  He was purring softly as I spoke, and he was aware of what was happening.  I felt the tension beginning to leave his body long before the injections began.  His life here with us was so good, it was hard for him to let go of it.  He wanted one more day just as much as we did.  We always would have wanted that one more day.  It was time to set him free and release him to his new life of eternal perfection.

I told my husband that my heart is battered and bruised, but I will not let it break.  It holds precious cargo now, and I must protect it.

My heart is battered and bruised, but I will not let it break. It holds such precious cargo, I must protect it now. (Susie Squillions)

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:

And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
Quote 0 0
nicokudo
Susie,

What a beautiful, touching poem.

Karen, Kudo and Nico's mom
Earth mom to Marco and Bella
Karen,Kudo and Nico's mom
Earth mom to Marco and Bella
Quote 0 0
Tricia
Dearest Susie,

There just aren't enough words from my heart that can express my feelings to you except to say how very sorry I am that your beloved T.J. has made his journey to the Bridge. I'm sitting here crying for you and Jim and for T.J. You know Susie, as we always say to one another, when we let our babies go, we release them for there pain and suffering,it's because we love them so very much, but our hearts are breaking into a million pieces.T.J. was so very blessed to have you for his Mom, he was so loved and you did all you could for your precious baby. His journey to the Bridge is peaceful and he is being lovingly greeted by your babies and all our babies with open paws. They will take care good care him. May the loving memories and his sweet spirit forever surround you with his love.

My dear friend, my thoughts and prayers are with you and Jim. Remember, I'm here for you as you have always been here for all of us.

Love and hugs,

Tricia

Tricia, Burton&Ozzie's Mom

"Good night sweet prince:And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest!"
William Shakespere's Hamlet
Quote 0 0
chevyandkaren
Dear Susie,  I am so very sorry.  Little T.J. is in the best hand's now and among many friend's...

Lean on us now Susie as so many of us have leaned on you.....

Prayer's to you and your Husband...
Quote 0 0
Gabby
Dear Susie,
I love your poem for TJ,I dont think its raw at all,its Beautiful.
Words cannot express the sorrow I feel today,that I have felt for a good few weeks now.You and TJ both fought to the end for each other.Thats a true love,thats true devotion,neither of you wanted to let go....
I know your heart is breaking,but as you say,it wont because it "holds special cargo"
What a very beautiful sentiment.
I feel honoured to have met TJ and spoken with him only days ago.I will never forget our conversation.God Speed sweet Teej,
Love and Fairy Kisses for you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Love and Light
and
Fairy Kisses for your precious Baby xxxxxx
Quote 0 0
nalasmom

I am so sorry your time with TJ here is over.  Its so hard to find the right words for you when you have been there for all of us with such eloquent and comforting passages.  Please know we will say a little prayer for you and TJ tonight at our house and hearts go out to you and your family.

Quote 0 0
niki
Dear Susie
i am so so sorry for your totally sad loss today, i feel so much emotion for you, your poem is beautiful but so sad, i am still very emotionally raw from losing Mint 3 weeks ago, i wrote a poem for her but it hurt so bad and mu husband is not able to read it yet

Do you have any other fur babies right now ?

God bless you and you are so so brave, I know how it feels that last moment, it is the worst thing to go thru and i am so sorry it has happened today for you

take care ok x
Quote 0 0
Susie_Squillions
Many thanks to all of you for your beautiful words of comfort. I know I don't have to tell you how much they mean to me tonight.

Tonight I returned the house to the way it was when T.J. was healthy and vital.  His dishes are washed and where they belong, the door to the closet where he spent his last two days is closed (but his bed remains there ~ it has been there for a while), and the pillows are back where they belong instead of on the floor to cushion his fall in case he lost his balance.  Yes, he is whole and vital again, and when he returns to visit us, he will be happy to see that the house is the way it always was when he was vital and healthy and in control of everything. 

It will take time for us to adjust, but we are certain that we made all the right decisions for him throughout his convalescence. Oh, how I will miss his rumbling purr!  Now it's up to Stevie Raow Vaughn and Gidget (Little Miss Fluffy Pants) to comfort us and cuddle us to sleep.

Thank you again for your kindnesses.

xoxoxo

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:

Quote 0 0
BrahmiesMommy
Dear Susie, Just stopped over here for a minute, what a beautiful poem for T.J.  What a little angel.. Feel like I knew him, someday I'll get to meet him in "cat"son.  I learned last year how hard it is to watch our precious babies be ill and fight the good fight.  Another noble lion hearted boy, a little one with a giant heart, sent to give love and laughter, sent to be love and laughter for you..God has another angel today.  Play with Brahmie and Gussie sweet T.J. we love you.
Brahmie and GussieCat's Mommy - Scottie and Lucy's too
Quote 0 0
BurtnErniesMom
((((Susie))))

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your precious TJ. I know how heartbreaking it is to you and Jim to lose him. I know all of our angel boys have taken him into their loving paws and are watching over him. He is happy and healthy again and is meowing up a storm, just like you remember. May all the loving memories that you and Jim share with TJ warm and comfort your hearts and give you some peace during this time. No matter how prepared we think we are for letting go of a beloved fur baby, it is still devastating to our hearts and souls.

You and Jim are in my thoughts and prayers. Many prayers for TJ's peaceful crossing and that he sends you signs soon, that he is okay and always with you.

Love n' Burt-burt hugs & Ernest kisses,
Heather

Heather-Burt & Ernie's Mom
Quote 0 0
Susie_Squillions
Thank you all so much for your kind replies. 

It's been an up and down week.  The wonderful memories of life with T.J. have lifted me up, and they outweigh the sad memories of that insidious disease and what it did to him.  I will always treasure our closeness during his final 2 months, but I will also resent the tumor that took his strength. 

So much for that.  That tumor gets none of my respect of attention.  My attention is reserved for my Golden Boy, my Sweet Baboo, my Main Boogaloo, my Big Red Roo (T.J., I love you!). 

Now I have my own Three Mousketeers at the Bridge to watch over me.  Bingo, Buddy and T.J. are my guiding lights. 

My computer crashed again last night, so I am limited to library time to try to catch up with my friends.  I brings me so much comfort to hear from you, and I thank you for taking the time to post to us here.  I just wish I could linger over your messages from home.

I love my RB family!

xoxoxo

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:

Quote 0 0
winstonsmom
Dear Susie:  I just stopped by this morning and I saw your post.  ((((Susie))) I am so very sorry for your loss of your precious TJ.  I love your tribute to your sweetheart.  I send you all my love and healing prayers.  You are the best Cat mom ever.  I hope one day God will allow us to enjoy our babies once again, but until then, we have those priceless and precious memories. 

xoxoxo
Denise
Quote 0 0