JinglesMom
I thought I would share this sweet poem with those of you who have lost a precious pet and a little piece of your heart.  

THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS AT RAINBOW BRIDGE

'Twas the night before Christmas, at Rainbow Bridge too.
We Bridgekids were thinking as always of you.
We'd seen how the holidays weren't bright this year,
Heard you whisper so often, "I wish you were here!"

We know how you wish you could just stay in bed
And sleep through the holiday lying ahead,
When all celebrate with their loved ones so near...
Unless they have loved ones on this side this year.

But we're no less alive here, on the other side.
If you could just see us, you'd've laughed and not cried.
The dogs all in harness, pulling the sleigh.
The cats all in Santa hats pointing the way.

The pet birds all flying back over the rainbow,
Bound homeward in spite of Earth's darkness and snow.
All the pets that you've lost, pets for whom you've cried,
Flying home on this Christmas to be by your side.

If you feel warm fur brush you when no pet's around,
Hear a soft bark or purr, just a ghost of a sound,
We're trying to tell you we're visiting this way,
And our visits, even rainbows, can be on any day.

But for Christmas we have something special to do,
A sleighful of happy dream visits for you.
On doggy, on kitty, on winged friend and ferret!
The love that you lavished, we mean now to share it!

We're fetching that love home, the way we once played,
With the closeness we shared and the memories we made.
Our Earth lives with you were too short for us, too,
And on this Christmas Eve we have so much to do.

So all through this night as you sleep in your beds,
Sweet visions of furbabies dance in your heads.
This one special night we can bring you Home for a while,
Your true home in Heaven, where again you will smile.

Over the rainbow you'll fly, for a short while this night,
Hours that you'll be happy, hours that will feel right,
Hours to cuddle and hug us, to run and to play,
Before the return to Earth in our magic way.

And when you awaken and face Christmas Day,
We pray you'll remember your trip on our sleigh,
But in case you forget, just remember our love.
Remember us watching you, your angels above.

Sending love wrapped in rainbows, shining and bright,
Love that will guide you through the darkest night,
Love found in each memory unwrapped through the year,
Replacing dark sorrows with Christmas cheer.

Leave the toys to St. Nick, we Bridgekids bring dreams,
Sweet visits to remind you all is not as it seems
When you look all around you with tired Earthly eyes.
If you saw as we do, there'd be joy and surprise.

There are furangels waiting by those Christmas trees,
Always there for you and hearing your pleas.
We're never more than a thought away from your home,
You're never forgotten, you're never alone.

Nor are we alone here, with our Rainbow Bridge friends.
We know only joy here, the celebrating never ends,
And after our reunions with you Christmas Eve,
We Bridgekids will party like you'd never believe.

But we'll slip away often to be by your side.
Sitting there watching you, eyes open wide,
Praying you'll be able to catch a glimpse of us, too.
But whether or not you see us - Merry Christmas to you!

Written by - Cindy Morgan

Pamela Lynne Crawford
Quote 0 0
Leathur
What a wonderful poem. I'm sitting here with tears streaming down my face. Thank you so much for sharing this. May I pass it on (with full credits, of course)?
Quote 0 0
JinglesMom
Dear Leathur,

Thank you so much for replying to my post and the poem which I shared. I remember finding this poem a few years ago, and it was just so sweet and touching, and I cannot read it without my tears falling like rain. I especially loved the part "Sending love wrapped in rainbows, Shining and bright, Love that will guide you through the darkest night, Love found in each memory unwrapped through the year, Replacing dark sorrows with Christmas cheer." The whole poem is just so beautiful and always gives me such comfort and peace, and sometimes I even find myself smiling just a little through my tears while reading it. Please feel free to share and hopefully this will give someone else who is hurting hope in their heart to face another day without the little love of their life. I wish you the most wonderful Christmas ever, filled with the love, light, and sweet memories of your most precious one at the Rainbow Bridge. JinglesMom
Pamela Lynne Crawford
Quote 0 0
Gingers_Mommy
Definitely wishing for Ginger to visit me with a good dream. Wishing you peace this Christmas
Quote 0 0
JinglesMom
Dear Gingers_Mommy,

I hope with all of my heart that your Ginger visits you in a dream, what a truly wonderful gift that would be. I have had one dream visit from my Jasper, and one from my Jingles, and they both were so precious and meant the world to me. The dreams themselves felt so real, as though I could actually reach out and touch my dear little ones, and they were so vivid, and when I woke up, I remembered every single detail and every single moment. Seeing my kitties again and knowing that they are happy and healthy and waiting for me just on the other side gave me such hope to face another day without them. It does seem to me that they always know when to come, and they always have such perfect timing. Gingers_Mommy, I am so hoping that you can feel your sweet girl's beautiful spirit all around you on this special day, and that she comes to you very soon in a dream that will heal your heart with her light and her special love. Sending warm hugs your way on this Christmas Eve, JinglesMom
Pamela Lynne Crawford
Quote 0 0
squares
Thank you for the poem.  We had to put our dog to sleep last night, and Christmas doesn't feel very happy this year to say the least.  I miss him tonight and my two cats I lost two years ago.  This poem helps.  I hope they are all together and happy tonight.
Quote 0 0
Mamabird
Thank You JinglesMom for this poem.My beloved Quaker Parrot Oscay passed on October1 in my arms and I haven't been right sense.He was 10 years old.There is Gospel Song called What I know about Heaven,and it helps a little.Thank You again.Blessings to you.
Quote 0 0
JinglesMom
squares wrote:
Thank you for the poem.  We had to put our dog to sleep last night, and Christmas doesn't feel very happy this year to say the least.  I miss him tonight and my two cats I lost two years ago.  This poem helps.  I hope they are all together and happy tonight.

Dear squares,
Thank you for writing, and I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved dog, and my heart truly goes out to you. I am sure that you must be just reeling from the shock and pain of having to say such a sudden goodbye to your sweet companion. I read through one of your topics, and your boy Moose sounds so special, and I know how much he was loved, as are your dear cats who crossed over two years ago. I just wanted to let you know that I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for comfort and healing. This grief journey is a long and hard one, and one that should never be walked alone. So I also wanted to let you know that we on this forum so understand your sadness and pain, and are with you every step of the way. Take care and I hope that you can find some peace in knowing that you gave your Moose such a wonderful life while he was here on this earth with you, and that he felt all of your love as he was crossing over into his beautiful new world. We will see them again in a kinder gentler place, of this I have no doubt. Sending hugs your way, JinglesMom
Pamela Lynne Crawford
Quote 0 0
JinglesMom
Mamabird wrote:
Thank You JinglesMom for this poem.My beloved Quaker Parrot Oscay passed on October1 in my arms and I haven't been right sense.He was 10 years old.There is Gospel Song called What I know about Heaven,and it helps a little.Thank You again.Blessings to you.

Dear Mamabird,
Thank you so much for writing, and I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet quaker parrot Oscay in October. I will have to listen to that gospel song that you mentioned called "What I know about Heaven." There is another song which means the world to me called "Thy Will Be Done". When one of my kitties named Pootie Tang was so sick two years ago with cancer, I always had such a hard time getting her to come out of her hiding places. But whenever I would put on this sweet little song, out she would come, and then she would lay on me and purr away. The song is beautiful and was pure magic for her and for me, and whenever I play it now, I can still feel her beautiful spirit all around me.

I know what you mean about not being right since your sweet baby crossed over, it is just so painful and devastating, and they do take a part of us with them when they go. I do believe with all of my heart that we will see them again, so we just have to make it through until our journey here is over. I so feel your hurt and your sadness, and I really do understand. This will be my first Christmas without my darling kitty named Jingles who was with me for almost 18 years. He died in my arms on the last day of January last year, and I was not sure if I would be able make it through to face another day. It is just so hard to try to exist in a world where they do not. But even though we cannot see them with our eyes, we can always feel them with our heart, and we can carry them with us every single day safely tucked away, until our eyes meet once again, in a kinder and gentler place. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that you will be able to find hope in your heart and courage in your soul, your sweet baby would not want it any other way. Sending hugs your way, JinglesMom
Pamela Lynne Crawford
Quote 0 0
Markrohrer
Thank you for posting. My 13 year old mastiff passed on December 20th. The house is just not the same with out her. Her name is Brinkley. My wife is just so destroyed over this. It happened so fast and without warning. I will pass this on to her. Thank you again
Quote 0 0
JinglesMom
Dear Markrohrer,

Thank you so much for writing in reply to this beautiful poem. It really did strike a chord with me when I found it, since I have lost the three little loves of my life in a span of almost six years, and for me, Christmas will never be the same again. My world will never be the same again without them here by my side. I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your mastiff Brinkley, that is such a wonderful name, and I am sure that she is a truly beautiful and special girl. I always write in the present tense, because even though we cannot see them with our eyes or hold them in our arms anymore, we can still feel them with our heart, and they are still so close in every way that counts. My sincerest condolences and heartfelt sympathy go out to you and your wife in this deep and profound loss of your special girl.

This grief journey is unbelievably sad and devastating and is one that should never be walked alone. I wish that I had the right words to make this a bit softer and gentler for you both, but in reality, there are none. I remember so vividly holding my dear cat Jingles in my arms as he took his last breath, and having that scene replayed over and over again in my head as it was an instant replay. Now that one year has gone by, I can focus more on our beautiful and magical years together, but it took some time for those images of his last day with me to subside, and sometimes even now, they come up out of the blue. You must be reeling and feeling as though the wind was knocked out of you, because this all happened so suddenly and without warning. I can recall finding it hard to just breathe at the beginning, and felt that every breath I took was an effort, and my heart literally hurt so bad in my chest. I so understand and can relate to what you are going through. 

I just want to let you know that you can get through this, just always keep in your mind that you gave your sweet girl a beautiful life, and when she crossed over, she felt no fear or sadness, because you both were with her then, as she is with you now. I liken it to a little movie in their head playing back all the warm and poignant moments, the first time she looked into your eyes, the first time you took her for a walk, the first time you played together, and the first time she knew she was safe and she was home. No time, distance, or physical separation could ever break that connection you have with her, the bond cannot be broken. When and if you are able, write to and about her, look at her photos when you can, and say her name. I heard that they really like that at the rainbow bridge, and I assure you that she is alive and well in her new beautiful world, and she can feel your love for her even now.

I am so sorry for what you are going through, and I will keep you and your wife in my thoughts and prayers for peace, comfort, and healing. May the light and love of your beautiful Brinkley ease your sorrow just a bit, and illuminate your path, so she will always be able to find her way back home to you. They are only a breath and a heartbeat away, and the love never ends, it just keeps growing stronger. My one quote that I used to read so often in those early days was "Love knows not it's own depth until the hour of separation". Truer words were never spoken, and that quote never fails to tug at my heartstrings, and I know that you can so relate to that. I am so very sorry for your sadness and pain, but you are going to make it through this, your dear little girl would not want it any other way. Keep hope in your heart and courage in your soul, and know that her sweet, beautiful spirit surrounds you still and always will, until your eyes meet once again. Sending warm hugs to you, your wife, and your Brinkley at the bridge, JinglesMom
Pamela Lynne Crawford
Quote 0 0
Markrohrer
Thank you so much for your replay. Im not very good with saying how i feel but Thank you. Its nice to know that there are other people who understand the pain 
That we feel.
Quote 0 0