MissAmber
My Beagle precious just had her 14th birthday on September 7th which makes this past Monday such of a nightmare for me. Precious has always been a healthy good dog for whole life and I have never had an issue with her health. For some reason Sunday felt so strange as if something was going to happen but I wasn’t sure what. She seemed to follow me around a lot more then usual and was clingy to my mother and daughter more then usual as well. I remember giving her extra treats and being so happy around her. That night changed when she started having a seizure which came out of no where . I stayed up all night with her to keep her calm and the next morning I stuck by her side. I left for the store and for some reason something told me to buy her a favorite meal which I gave her and she was so happy and even had seconds everything again seemed so normal and then that’s when it got so sad. An hour later I took her outside to get some air which she loved and she seemed to be looking at the sky oddly taking in the air then suddenly collapsed on my back porch. It killed me to see her having a seizure and struggling to make it thru. I rubbed her head and told her how much I loved her, that my grandma would be on the other side to greet her and to save a place for me in heaven. I have been struggling with so much guilt on how I should have seen more signs of a seizure coming and why couldn’t I do more for her. I was lucky enough to have had my daughter asleep but it killed me having to carry her to a separate room till I made arrangements. I am really hoping someone can give me some advice on how to cope with this hard loss and guilt I am so heart broken I love her so much but I deep inside know that she is in a better place. I wish she was still here and that maybe I could have pro longed her life more :(
Quote 0 0
Indi_love19
Hi, my sweet beagle, Indi, died last Friday. I am so sorry for your loss of Precious. First, please know, you are not alone. I've heard enough stories from others to know we all feel the guilt regardless of circumstance around their passing. However you slice it, it is incredibly painful. I cry reading your post, I cry every time I think of my girl. It's overwhelming most days but I do believe it's just the tiniest bit better with the passing of time. It sounds like in good beagle fashion, Precious enjoyed her extra treats and favorite food. My girl had kidney disease and was quite sick towards the end. Not seeing your food-focused beagle interested in meat at all is tough : (
Keep messaging here, you will get good support from everyone.
meghan kenney
Quote 0 0
MissAmber
Aww thanks so much for you’re sweet words it took me a lot of strength to write it but I wanted to see if anyone had been thru anything similar especially something like this that happened so sudden to a dog who has never had any seizures before and is so full of life
Quote 0 0
LittleLost00
My baby boy (I say baby, he was 15) was put to sleep at home on Monday, after becoming very poorly very quickly. There’s a sense of shock and disbelief, even anger, when they go so suddenly after being otherwise healthy in the days prior. This site is the best to come to as there are so many supportive people who understand what you’re feeling in this moment. Take comfort in the fact you gave your lady the best final day on earth; the treats, good food and lots of love, you were by her side as she passed. I know in the aftermath of losing our four-legged loves we can feel a sense of emptiness, like we’re lost. Just give yourself time to grieve, talk about your lady often, keep posting on here if it helps. My heart goes out to you!
Quote 0 0
MissAmber
Thank you so much for you’re kind words and comfort on this. I am happy to know that others can sympathize with what I am going thru and give me advice on how to heal. This website has really helped during these past few days with this major life changing event.
Quote 0 0