Forum

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
donnalee

Reply with quote  #16 
Yes, Momma of Cici, it is so hard to pick up their ashes.  I couldn't even speak when I went in.  I had to just hand them a note explaining why I was there.  I literally couldn't open my mouth without it turning into a big crying session!  We know it is what is left of their physical body but it doesn't seem real.  Actually, just as with humans, I believe it is just the shell that holds their soul.  However, it is still very meaningful to have their remains with us.   
I have also been looking at animals in shelters who need a home.  I live near the Gulf Coast so there has been quite a bit on TV about animals in need of adoption because the families affected by the oil spill can no longer keep them.  It has really been pulling on my heart strings but I know we will be moving with 6 months and I just think I need to wait until we are settled.  I already don't know how our 3 cats will handle the move.  I guess you and I both will know when the time is right. 
I had to chuckle when everyone's posts about their babies running in circles.  Scottie did that too.  They were so cute and funny and brought us so much joy & happiness, didn't they?  Goodness, how we loved them....and still do.
Alex

Reply with quote  #17 
Thank you so much for your kind words. The messages from the friends here are keeping me out of the water. I am so sorry to know your beauutiful CiCi left 2 weeks ago. I understand the feeling of reliving the bad news/scenario. That's all I have been able to do. I can only think about what I did wrong that day and the fact that Tania would still be alive had I been more careful.
What haunts me as well, as I wrote earlier, is the fact that I looked for her on the wrong side of the house. For 10 minutes I called her name in the woods behind the house instead of in front of the house. I know it wont bring her back but I can't stop thinking that if she would have heard her name she would have come back to me and not go on to this dangerous road. I gave her ten minutes to jump in front of a car...
It's been 3 days today since she passed away, I miss her terribly . I know you understand what it feels like - and I feel terrible... The guilt is eating me up.
Tania died alone on the road, it's really painful for me to think about it.
You say you lived alone with CiCi, I'm sure she got a lot of attention from you and knew how much you cared about her. It's such a special bond.
Hugs,
Alex
Momma_Of_CiCi

Reply with quote  #18 

CiCi I picked you up from the vet's office Saturday not how I wanted to but you were ready to come home. They did such a wonderful job with your belongings...I make sure to always make time to greet you every morning and afternoon just as you did me when I entered the house. I give you a kiss, light a candle and tell you how much I love you and how I miss you so so much. Last night I slept in my bed for the first time since you passed. I had to put a pillow against my back so I could rest..that is how you use to sleep with me. I looked at your pictures today, I smiled, I cried and I laughed...you were such a joy to have in my life and no one person nor pet will every take your place in my heart. It has been two weeks today since you went on to the bridge...Rest in peace my little one and I will see you again.

Hugs and Kisses CiCi <3 <3

donnalee

Reply with quote  #19 
Rhonda, the strong love you have for CiCi just comes through in your writing.   We just miss them so much. They were such a huge part of our lives.   I'm at 15 weeks and today I found myself sadly thinking again about how much I miss that love and laughter that Scottie brought into my life.
I am so glad that you know, as I do, that you will see CiCi again someday.  I am so happy to have that faith because, honestly, that keeps me going! 
God Bless you.  You are a beautiful soul! 
tikibarb

Reply with quote  #20 
Isn't it funny how the pillow brings such comfort.  I have been doing the same thing.  I can't sleep without it.  I am glad to know that the pictures brought you some joy.  I have not yet been able to do that but I will soon.
jen2010

Reply with quote  #21 

l do exactly the same thing to  with bubbys blanket wrapped around the pillow. Thinking of you and your beloved CiCi

Reply with quote  #22 
Hello CiCi how have you been doing lately? I took your photos to Walmart and made an album starting from when you were 6 weeks the day I got you till the day I got a digital camera...don't really remember that day. It turned out so beautiful and it sits on the shelf with your other belongings. You were a wonderful companion and I miss you so much. I hope you are having fun at the bridge with all my friends fur babies. Take care of them and look out for them for me. I love you CiCi and don't forget I will be with you again oneday.

Hugs and Kisses my love <3 <3

Momma Rhonda 
Momma_Of_CiCi

Reply with quote  #23 

It has been 3 weeks tomorrow since I lost my precious CiCi. Not a day goes bye that I do not think of her...chat with her....or share with others how much I miss her and how much she has meant to me. I went to Walmart and made you a small photo album that rest along beside you for everyone to view and remember the good times we had together. From the age of 6 weeks to 11.5 years she has touch so many people and showered my family with so much love. CiCi you will always live on in our hearts and the many memories we shared with you. Rest in peace my love <3 <3

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.