Shadow3037
A week ago Saturday, my daughter had a party celebrating her 14th birthday. My beautiful dog Shadow, besides not eating much dog food that day, seemed fine.

Last Sunday, he awoke and threw up. I took him to the vet on Monday and he was diagnosed with Pancreatitis. However, he refused to eat at all on Tuesday and additional blood test were ordered. He was diagnosed with an aggressive form of liver cancer Friday and died yesterday.

I loved him so much; I am heartbroken. He was 16 and the sweetest dog in the world. Thank you for reading.
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
I am so sorry you lost your beautiful Shadow! I know you must feel traumatized as it happened so quickly and you really had no time to mentally prepare.
My little dog, Bailey was almost 16 and your story is so very similar. It is so heartbreaking. I found it helpful to write in a journal; listing all of his nicknames, little poems and I would also write letters or notes to him which I dated. When you look back it's like a journal of healing.
It also really helps to post here, where everyone understands the pain of losing your best friend! 💔
Sending hugs and a wish for peace,
MJ 🤗
Quote 0 0
Shadow3037
Thank you very much for the advice. It helps a great deal to have people that understand the loss of such a kind and loving little guy. He made my life so much better 😀
Quote 0 0
Molly24
Shadow3037

I am so sorry for your loss! It is so painful to have your love ripped away from you. We may all have different stories but we are all here because we have lost our babies and are trying to ease the pain. My kitty was diagnosed with lymphoma in January. I put her through chemo which gave her some extra time. Unfortunately I had to make the hardest decision just over a week ago. No matter how much extra time we have with them we will never be ready to say goodbye. We just have to remember the great life they had with us and know you did the best you could. This forum has helped me a lot but the thing that has helped the most is realizing that letting her go was the best thing for her. I know it is painful for you that it was so quick but at least he did not suffer. Sometimes I question if putting my kitty through chemo and giving her extra time was the best thing. She had her ups and downs over the past few months. We will never forget them and will always miss them but I believe it will get better.
Quote 0 0
Shadow3037
I am sorry for your loss. Shadow’s cancer was so aggressive the option of treatment was not feasible. He was sixteen and looked like a puppy.

He returned home Friday evening and stayed by my side until Saturday afternoon when he rapidly deteriorated. His last night was so hard it was a blessing that he passed. The home vet was scheduled to come at 9:30 yesterday to end his pain and he passed on his own at 9:00.

Yes, I am glad that his pain is over.
However, if there was option for trratment, I would have taken it as you did. Thank you for writing back😀
Quote 0 0
Molly24
Chemo can be hard on pets. My baby was sick from it. I was able to get her in remission temporarily but had to stop the treatment bc she was getting sick. Quality of life is more important than quantity. The most important part is that you were by his side to comfort him as he crossed the bridge. ❤️
Quote 0 0
Shadow3037
Thank you again. Very kind of you to care. ❤️
Quote 0 0