Snowfire
Just lost my wonderful cat Monday due to kidney failing and I guess old age. Though young at heart. My big lap baby boy Timber was the last cat of a blended family of 3 dogs and 2 cats. Grew up together and loved each other. Each time one passed was harder and harder. I have their ashes with me.
I lost my beloved mom late April 2005 then pets after that. Lost Sheena, then Stormy, then Bandita, then Puppers now Timber. Very nice vet helped Monday and grateful to her as such hard day. After that had to go to work as shorthanded which didn't help.
I feel the door closed to my past and now feel lost.
My younger dog grew up with them and has been hard on her. At least we have each other which does help. She was so attached to them and just wanted them. Their bodyguard I used to tease her.
I removed Timbers things as Katia has been looking for him.
Hard to look out the window we used to watch the birds together. He always had to be on my lap or next to me. Kept me warm on cold nights. My dog too big for that but sleeps on floor next to me.
Almost to the day I lost Timber as mom's passing. I tried to save her too but sudden heart attack and CPR didn't revive. So this month is not my favorite especially with Mother's Day so soon.
Quote 0 0
Chinadoll
Your post touched my heart, so many losses over the past years. When you said 'I feel the door closed to my past and now feel lost', it especially hit home. I had a family like you not long ago, cats and dogs, all gone now but one cat. Now, we live a different life, not as good as before, grief lurks around at times, the home is too quiet. You gave so many little angels a home, a place of love, your heart and they gave back so much more, they always do. You have been on this journey many times so you know how it goes. I just want to tell you how sorry I am, but how wonderful it was for you to care for so many. I miss all my babies, always will, wish I could do it over one more time. You have my prayers and thoughts for healing with this latest loss. God bless you. Hugs.
Charlie
Quote 0 0
Snowfire
Thank you for your very kind words. Tough rocky road but look for a rainbow. They were special to my mom and I. Why I came here as my family most of them don't get it.
Quote 0 0
CK1991
I'm so sorry for all your losses Snowfire. You and Timber sound like you had a very close relationship. It is uncanny that the date fell so close to your mom's passing. Mothers Day will be hard for you. Your dog, Katia, will be feeling the loss and missing Timber too. She is staying close to you by sleeping on the floor. If you feel sad hug, Katia. She needs it now and you will get comfort from her. Take Care. Hugs to you!
CK
Quote 0 0
Snowfire
Thank you. Helps to know people care. Hugs to you too! Have a wonderful day.
Quote 0 0
Jimbo106
Thank You for visiting Jamie's thread. Every time someone reads about her, to me, she is alive again, even if for only a few moments. You mentioned Timber could act like a dog, that made me smile. Jamie was called, among other things, my puppy kitty. I'm very sorry for your loss, I know how it reaches into your heart. Big Hug!

Jim and the girls
Quote 0 0
CatMomStacey
I feel you. I lost my last pet a week ago due to horribly aggressive cancer. I'd had at least one pet with me since I was 9, and I'm 28 now so it's been especially hard. This was also the latest in a string of losses for me over the past year as well. Just feels like it never ends, does it?

Either way, you're definitely not alone.
Stormy
09/2002 - 11/23/2016

Sasha
5/2008 - 4/27/2018
Quote 0 0
Snowfire
I wish my dog would accept another kitty but she only wants the two we lost. Same with the other dogs lost. She just turned seven and grew up with them. She's kind of lost too. Thank you from Katia and myself. I know you get it.
Quote 0 0
Snowfire
Some days sure seems like pain won't end. My dog keeps looking for him so keeps it fresh. Hope you are doing OK. Hugs.
Quote 0 0