Baus
Hi Everyone.

Our dog Bailey passed yesterday, after a week of him not feeling well.  We moved to a new home and what was suppose to be a happy point in our lives, has turned into unbearable grief, and sorrow. We will never have an answer to why he fell so ill, parts of me feels guilty for being so busy and maybe to noticing the signs. Regardless he is gone, our hearts hurt and we miss him so.

You never realize how much you pet plays a roll in your everyday life; morning routine, comforts, sleeping. I listen for his noises in the house, I want him to come home but know he never will. We miss him so much.
Karen & Derek

--------------------------------------------
Bailey "Mr. Boo Baus" - July 28th 1998 - Sept 16th 2010
"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard."
Quote 0 0
tikibarb
I so sorry that you lost your precious Bailey at such a young age.  I think it makes it so much harder when they are taken unexpectedly.  I lost my precious Ted about a month shy of his 5th birthday on 7/7.  He was hit by a car.  I truly understand the pain and sorrow you are feeling.  I was a sobbing mess for weeks.  You are right that we really don't realize how they infiltrate our daily routines and endear themselves to our hearts.  We were lucky to have had them in our lives.  Our lives were enriched because of them.
Barbara Lyngarkos
My Beloved Ted 8/7/2005 - 7/7/10
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/TED001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
donnalee
Baus,
I don't know why but sometimes they don't show signs of illness until it is too late.    When it happens so suddenly like that,  that makes it even harder to deal with.  You just aren't prepared at all.  However, it's never easy to lose them under any circumstances.  It just hurts to lose your best friend.    He was certainly a cute little guy.  I'm so sorry for your loss.  Even though we are so sad and in such bad shape when we lose them, I believe Bailey is in a wonderful place now, very happy and healthy.  I hope you find some comfort and peace as you grieve. 
Quote 0 0
Baus
Thank you for your kind words.  So appreciated.  Today was long, and I feel weepy, sad, and the house is so quiet.  He was about 6 months old when my dad passed away.  I was single and young, and he is the one that I found comfort in. When my husdand came along, we both found that same comfort in him, he was the hardest working being to all that. Now that he is gone and I look for that comfort, it's so overwhelming. I really miss him.

tikibarb, I had the date typed wrong.... he was 12.  I set it up while I was very teary.... 

Karen & Derek

Quote 0 0
judylinn
Dear Baus...I am soo sorry about your loss. your dog was so sweet looking, It is just heart wrenching when we losse them. its 6 weeks for me, and even tonight I came home and sobbed at the empty house.
It will take time, and we will be here for you.
Maybe you could tell us about Bailey. I would love to hear about his personailty.
again I am sooo sorry, we will be here for you, write as much as you want, that sure helped me.  Judy
Quote 0 0
TootiesGuardian
Baus,

I'm so sorry for you losing Bailey.  I can understand your grief.  The unexpected illness and sudden loss of our furbabies is so hard to cope with.  I can relate to your pain and feel so bad for you.

I am suffering from the same pain and grief.  I lost my beloved cat unexpectedly.  It is so hard to function and take care of my kid's needs and not forget about myself.

You have come to the right place for support and understanding.  It does help to "talk" and share in your grief.  Bless you.

Sherry
Tootie ~ Sep. 1, 2000 - Sep. 4, 2010
Shine on you beautiful diamond!
Blueboy ~ Feb. 14, 1989 - Dec. 31, 1993
Always in my heart!
Quote 0 0
tikibarb
Well, 2 or 12, it still hurts beyond expression.  I typed through tears many nights.  I hope you find peace soon.
Barbara Lyngarkos
My Beloved Ted 8/7/2005 - 7/7/10
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/TED001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
Leigh
Karen and Derek...you just never know when a precious furbaby is a little sick or if it's life threatening.  With moving, you might have thought that Bailey was just off a bit and adjusting to the new house.  Don't be too hard on yourselves...there just wasn't any way of knowing how sick he was or how long he'd really been sick.

Our dog, Mary, ran full steam into a lawnmower and hit the height adjuster lever.  She yelped but that was all.  About 5 days later, her chest became extremely swollen.  The vet said she'd hit so hard, she busted the chest muscle clear to the chest bone.  She had acted normally all those days and we didn't have a clue she was hurt so bad.

If you read old posts, you'll see that you're not alone in your grief.  We're here.  Come back and tell us about Bailey...we all would like to know him and you better.

Quote 0 0
Polly
I'm so sorry about the loss of Bailey, I lost my beloved Casper last November 5 days after he fell ill, and I so understand the shock and disbelief. These little beings find their way deep into our hearts, and remain there when they're no longer with us.

We're all here for you, whenever you may need us.

Polly
Quote 0 0
Baus
Thank you everyone. I'm finding great comfort in your words, so I really appreciate that.

Alittle about Bailey: As I mentioned I got him about a year before I was with my husband.  I was 21 and I thought it would be cool to have alittle dog.  I was single, living with a girlfriend, and little did I know that a puppy was so much work.  My father adored Bailey and phoned me everyday to see how he was.  When my dad passed, and those phone calls stopped it was sad, and I missed gushing about my new best friend.  I found comfort in Bailey as he would lick my tears, and lay across me as if to say "I'm here for you".

When my husband came into the picture, he was alittle put off about the new man in my life but soon they were running together in the park and I was the disciplinarian where my husband became fun guy.  The bond they formed was very close, and I was able to share those stories about Bailey's daily doings once again.

My husband and I gave him nicknames for every stage of his life.  I know it sounds funny, but just as us humans get old and pass through stages of our lives, it seemed right.

When he was young, we nicknamed him Super B.  There was nothing that Super B could not do.  Leap from the back of the couch, dig through the couch, destroy anything in sight.  Some of the most frustrating but funny stories of him come from this time with him.  

When he reached "the teens"(in dog years) it was Beezer B. At this stage it was taking on the biggest dog in the park, walking around with a strut and pulling on his leash.  He was a wild man.  Taking for 2 hour walks only helped alittle.  He enjoyed running on the beach & playing "one way" fetch. Bailey enjoyed a trip across Canada with us, and only destroyed one of our cars door panels (trying to protect the car from a man looking in) and bit one waiter on a patio in Ottawa, for getting too close to me. 

Weasel was the Adult years of Bailey.  We called him that because he was a man of power. He always seemed to get what he wanted, including a prime spot in our bed, head on the pillow, lying between us like a person. He was tough when he needed to be, and the years he really started to cuddle well.

Mr Boo-Baus, the best years.  He was sweet, gentle and loved to take naps. Alittle slower but still jump up up on command and ran down the driveway with us.  He was cuddly in the morning and wanted his space at night, often heading to bed before us. These were his sweet years, that we loved sooo much. He followed us around, never wanted to be without us, and when my husband started working nights, was my protector.  

I find my self egar to get home for no reason now. Still having the anxiety of leaving doors open, and I sleep with his stuffed animal, with his collar on it at night.  I find comfort in hearing his tags jingle alittle at night.  My husband still sings songs incorporating his name in them out load, and I just listen in the other room and smile.  The grief is not as strong today, and I'm learning to reflect on the good, not the past week I have been through.  I made this video the morning after he passed, and it was very helpful.  Collecting the images and remembering the moments. Please enjoy, and I thank you again for all the words.  I felt like I was alone in my grief.

Karen & Derek

Quote 0 0
Ponchosmommie
I am so sorry about Baus. I watched your video and it made me cry. He was a very much loved part of your family, and he knew it. That's what's important. He was precious.
Quote 0 0
Lisasjf
Baus your so NOT alone, most of us are here because we've lost our best friends. I watched your video, Bailey was a gorgeous dog. Just know you have a lot of company here. I lost my angel a little over a month ago. You made me smile because my husband and I also had many names for our Halfie. I called her baby brat, My husband called her monkey butt, just to mention a few. I think the nicknames reflect the amount of affection you have for an animal. I think the only time I actually called her Halfie was when I was angry at her for doing something she knew she wasn't supposed to do.

Baus please don't feel guilty, I went through the same as you wondering if I had done anything differently maybe I would have had her longer.  All of us only have so many breaths on this earth before we have to leave and go on to a better place. I know there was nothing you could have done to change the outcome. It was just simply Bailey's time. I also know Bailey would be happier if you just remember the good times you had together. It took me awhile to realize all of this, you will soon. I'm so sorry you lost your baby. It will get easier day by day. Promise! 
Quote 0 0
sully

I am so sorry for ure loss but u are not alone. We have all lost our family companions here, I lost my little girl a week ago and was paralyzed by the loss.. We at times take the little things for granted and I also feel guilt as though I should have picked up on little changes in her. The only comfort I have found is in the belief that I will see her in heaven....Pray it helps 

Quote 0 0
GentleGeorge
I'm so sorry for your loss.  I know I go back to George passing and have guilt about some things.  I know they wouldn't want us feeling bad.  I miss my guy so much though and know it will take a while.  Bailey was precious and so sweet looking.  I can imagine your fresh pain on this.  I'm nearly 6 months passed losing him and you know I would have never pictured myself feeling so sad at this point but moments just really rush in with memories and you can't help but feel an emptiness, especially at home. 

Hang in there and try to focus on good memories when you are overwhelmed with sadness.  I knew the time was coming, but one is never ever perpared even if they think they are.  God picks the time and there isn't much we can do to stop it, but to honor their memory is the most important thing in our healing.  Many people do things that help.  Plant a tree, a flower, whatever helps.  Maybe that would be good for your new home so he is always a part of it.  All the best to you at this time.  Again, I'm sorry for your loss.       
Quote 0 0
judylinn

thank you for sharing your video with us. It made me smile, in the midst of tears for my Maddie. I have hundreds of pictures of Maddie, and thats what I want to do, just havent done it yet. I love the song...man of the hour doesn't quite work for maddie. :)  thank you for making me smile today. I know how much it hurts.  Judy

Quote 0 0