AnnaBellesMommy
Wednesday made three months that our precious AnnaBelle died. We have three fur babies. AnnaBelle and Delilah Ann were sisters and 7 years old. Scrappy is "our old man" dog at 13. We love them all dearly but, AnnaBelle was my husband's favorite. She was his little side-kick and we all knew how much he loved her. We loved her, too. She was more "human-like" than a normal dog and seemed to have a human soul and human feelings. Oh gosh, my heart is actually hurting while writing this. Anyway, three months ago, all day long, I had a terrible feeling I couldn't shake. I kept crying and didn't know why. My grandmother was just given a limited time left to live and I was spending a lot of time at the nursing home with her. My husband's boss and friend had just passed away. Also, my daughter and only grandchild were getting ready to move across the country. So, I just thought I had a lot of emotional things going on. Anyway, I went outside with AnnaBelle and Delilah Ann to let them use the bathroom. Scrappy was sleeping inside. They were taking too long and I had to go to the bathroom myself. They were sniffing around and being pretty quiet so I ran inside. We have a fenced in yard with one opening that was never gated. While in the bathroom, I could hear the girls barking really loud and it sounded like they were just outside that opening. Trying really hard to finish up myself, I hurried to the door. Before reaching the door, I saw AnnaBelle come running up on our patio and just collapse. I ran outside and saw her relieve her bladder and knew it was bad. She appeared to be dead but, I didn't want to give up so I rushed to the nearest vet and begged for help. They started cpr and put her on oxygen but, in the end she couldn't be brought back. I just don't know what happened and this is haunting me daily. The vet said she had no trauma to her body so, he didn't think she was hit by a car. But, what other rational reason could there be? He said it may have been a heart attack or aneurysm. She was only 7 years old, had regular vet visits and was in excellent health, as far as we knew. The not knowing is awful and I know I am totally to blame because had I been watching her better, I may have been able to help her or stop whatever happened. Did someone hurt her because she was barking at them? Did she get hit by a car? Was it a heart attack that would have happened, no matter what? This guilt and grief is eating me up and my husband, whom I have known for thirty years and never seen cry, has cried every day since this happened. He has her collar hanging in his closet and he touches and smells it every day. We are so lost and unhappy without her and I feel like I let her down as well as my husband and I am so, so sorry. I hope she knows.
Quote 0 0
Baileysbro
What a pretty dog.  Sorry for your loss.  In that case I would have asked for a necropsy--autopsy for animals--just for my piece of mind.  Its very sad to lose a beloved pet. I hardly can function myself so I know what you must be going through.

My Bailey passed away Tuesday night and I'm having a hard time, I cry a lot and like your husband smell his collar and stare at his grave.  His quality of life diminished really quick, even though he was a trooper and his personality didn't wane, he succumbed and left this existence. 

I feel for your loss.
Bailey
October 31, 2002 - April 19, 2016 10:25 P.M.
My best friend, my companion, my love

[e8de4bc1-77ae-4da2-9834-109b68b6cda8]

[Paws-for-the-News-Grieving-the-loss-of-a-pet] 
Quote 0 0
AnnaBellesMommy
I am so sorry for your loss. I understand so well the pain you are having to endure. I hate that anyone has to suffer this kind of loss. So many people don't get it. I wish every day that I had asked them to do an autopsy. I just wasn't thinking straight after this all happened. I just wish I could turn the clock back. What was your fur baby sick with?
Quote 0 0
Eddiesmom
I'm so so sorry.  How horrible to be grieving and have that guilt too that you let her and your hubby down.  I think we all feel guilt to some extent or another.  If the vet didn't think she was hit by a car then most likely it was a heart attack or something that would have happened whether you were watching her or not.  I am so sorry.  It is very, very hard to lose a pet but even harder still when they are still in their prime.  Hugs.

Sue E
Quote 0 0
AnnaBellesMommy
Thankyou so much for your kind words.
Quote 0 0