DogNana
I lost my boy Oscar 1 year ago on Dec 17th.
I’ve had a hard time with the approaching date marking my 1st year without him in my life. When it was getting close to December I had started to dwell on the fact that I went through a full year without him in my life, a year of not seeing him and touching him. It seemed like that year flew by and I couldn’t comprehend how I got through it. I cried a lot.

But when the day came I made a decision to instead look back at the 9 years that we were together. I remembered his quirky personality and all his silly antics. I focused on how much he made me laugh and our walks and all the unconditional love, so much love. I refused to think about how long he has been gone. Some ppl might find this hard to do, but it was what I had to do.

Now I move on to New Years and starting my 2nd year without my boy Oscar. I miss him everyday but I’m at peace with my loss and ever so grateful that I had 9 wonderful years with him. I’m forever grateful to his foster mom who choose me to be his forever mom. The forever wasn’t long enough but if she had chosen someone else... I can’t even go there.

I wish everyone a peaceful holiday season. ❤️
Oscar, always Mommy’s Boy, forever in my ❤️ 
Quote 0 0
CK1991
I’m sorry for your loss of Oscar but your wrote such a beautiful uplifting post for his one year anniversary! Thank you for sharing this. It’s so nice that you were able to focus on the good times. I thank you for rescuing Oscar and giving him so much of your love and 9 wonderful happy years together!! Hugs to you!
CK
Quote 1 0
CK1991
Another post to say: Happy holidays to you as well! As you ring in the New Year know that Oscar will always be with you! CK
Quote 1 0
DogNana

Thank you so much for your kind words. Yes, my boy is always with me. 

Im grateful for his life and mine coming together. I’ve never met his foster  mom but we stay in touch via Facebook. I feel I owe her so much. 🙂

Oscar, always Mommy’s Boy, forever in my ❤️ 
Quote 0 0