Patti

Hello-

To those who posted replies about my Sweet Spanky-thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. Your support has helped me a lot and means more than you'll ever know.

Perhaps I spoke too soon about coping with Spanky's loss. Yes, immediately after, I was trying hard to be strong and emotionally support my family, while internalizing it. I think I managed this pretty well.

As so many have talked about-the emptiness inside, and the emptiness in the house-this was definitely felt by all of us. I just kept it inside.

Believe me, since my 1st post, I've taken my turn at crying. I'm just glad that I could be there for Spanky during his last moments-and my family when I was needed most.  

Spanky's cremains are now home. We've set up a special place for him-he always had and will always have a special place in all of our hearts.

In response to the comments-yes, Spanky was sure a character-and for such a little dog-he added so much life and energy to our family.

Although I was welling up as I wrote that-I try to remember how he lived his life, rather than how his last day was. He was energetic, full of fun, he was sweet, smart and just a beautiful little Pomeranian with a spirit and heart as big as the outdoors he broke free and ran through. He will always be missed and loved-but until we meet again-Spanky--play, run, jump, eat, drink and sleep to your hearts pleasure.

Again, thank you for all of your kind words, and to those I've posted replies to, I hope that I have helped.
Quote 0 0
judylinn

It sounds like you are well into the process of grieving. It's such a hard process. Someone gave me the idea of, when I think of the sad last days, try and remember a good memory. It takes awhile, but I've been better able to do that. I'm glad the tears are being released, thats really important. Prayers are sent your way. Judy :)

Quote 0 0