ricemanstm
Last night's candle light memorial was amazing.  I couldn't stop crying but it was a release.  One of my last hurdles will be receiving Delenn's ashes and bringing her body home.  But for today, it didn't feel quite as dark.

There's still a hole in my heart that won't close any time soon but we still have TONS of love to give.  And we will be bringing some new fur babies home in the future.  I know Delenn will be there to tease them into shape and make sure they're up to her standards because in the end...it was her house first.

But I wanted to say thank you to all of you.  I've never met any of you, and yet I've found support here that I couldn't find anywhere else.  For that I will be eternally grateful.  If I hadn't found this place, this storm of grief might very well have consumed me.  As it is, the seas are still rough but I don't fell like I'm about capsize in the surf.

Thank you for all the prayers...the hugs...the ears...and the shoulders.  Thank you all for reading...listening...sharing.  Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts and putting up with my rambling musings.

You're all in my thoughts and prayers.

All the best and God bless.

CA Delenn.jpg

rainbow.jpg    
Stephen "Riceman" Myers
"The greatest tribute one can give a loved one is to share their life and stories with others."

Quote 0 0
Baumert81
I did my first candlelight ceremony the first Monday after Hogan died. Since then, I now light a candle next to Hogans picture and collar on our bedstand before we go to sleep. There is something comforting about blowing out that candle and saying goodnight to him everynight. Riceman I hope you keep sharing, I look forward to hearing your progress. I was in the same dark place as you, but I assure you the darkness will lift and the grieving will slow. Don't get me wrong, im still sad as all heck, and miss him every minute of the day but I now function normally and have become a better husband because of him.
Hogans Daddy
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
Stephen..I agree with you.  This is Winstons home. I have been fostering a little chiuaua for about a week now. He's 10 lbs, as Winston was 62 lbs. Quite a difference. Like you I have a lot of love yet to give.

In my case I think Fostering for the time being, is my best option. Hoping you heal soon and sending prayers to you.  Sue
Susan
Quote 0 0
danzey
Stephen................A lot of the same people are there every Monday, and you are never a stranger when your there.  Please come next Monday (if you like) we're be waiting for you................danzey
Quote 0 0
Evie123
I added my prayer and lighted candles for my beautiful Molly and would love to take part in the ceremony, will have to work out the time difference between there and UK as I tried at 9pm before but no one was there. X
Quote 0 0
ricemanstm
Evie...IF I'm doing the math correctly...I think you're about 5 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time...so with that being said...21:00 (9 PM) EST works out to be about 02:00 (2 AM) your time.
Stephen "Riceman" Myers
"The greatest tribute one can give a loved one is to share their life and stories with others."

Quote 0 0
Evie123
Thank you. X
Quote 0 0