Forum

Author   Comment   Page 25 of 25     «   Prev   22   23   24   25
3_cats_mom

Reply with quote  #361 
I think grief comes in waves. It has been 6 weeks since I lost Rouquinou. And I am still grieving. Sometimes I feel ok, sometimes I feel bad. I too think that any shadow or strange behavior produced by my other cats mean that Rouquinou is around. And who knows, maybe our beloved fur babies are really around... just in another form. 

It is hard to deal with loss. And it is only the beginning for me. I still have two other old cats. The end is coming for them :( However, I truly believe that if we love animals, we 'll open our heart again someday to love other ones. There are soooo many out there who desperately need a home. It'll take time for sure. 
Marie123

Reply with quote  #362 
Hi, Bruce and 3 cats mom. You're right, grief definitely comes in waves. I started crying right in the middle of the grocery store the other day because of some weird thing or other that reminded me of Raven. I had to turn away before my friend saw me and thought I was crying over the price of Boston lettuce or something 🙄 But it's just weird how it'll ambush you out of nowhere. I've been seeing those little white, tufty seeds blowing everywhere the entire summer, and they remind me of the tiny tuft of white fur on Raven's belly. We'd always say "Raven lost her tuft again!" whenever we saw one. Now it reminds me that she's still here, just in a different way. Whenever Curtis sits up on his back legs and starts sniffing and staring at nothing, I chalk it up to Raven, sitting in a high place like she always did and judging us all. When it suddenly began to storm when my friend and I were swimming, I told her "Raven walked across God's keyboard and messed up the weather settings." I don't know if it's true, but it's something I have to believe, or else I'd go nuts. I know that you, and so many others here, agree.
Take care of yourselves now. I'll be around. Tabby is much better so things should calm down a bit. You guys are always in my thoughts 🐰🐱
Chandlers_Dad

Reply with quote  #363 
Good evening, all,

Sending love and comfort to everyone tonight. Wishing for everyone the love, memories, and peace we all need get us through. We will never get over it... we just keep plugging through it. If tears are healthy, we'll all live forever, right? I keep telling myself that. Hugs to all.

Bruce
Memories_of_Marmalade

Reply with quote  #364 

Dear Bruce,

That was a very considerate and warm post. Thank you for sending that wish out to all of us here on the forum. Well done sir!

All best,
James
Miasmom_704

Reply with quote  #365 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandlers_Dad
Good evening, all,

Sending love and comfort to everyone tonight. Wishing for everyone the love, memories, and peace we all need get us through. We will never get over it... we just keep plugging through it. If tears are healthy, we'll all live forever, right? I keep telling myself that. Hugs to all.

Bruce

Thank you for those wishes Bruce. I’m having a tough time. My heart is broken.

Marie123

Reply with quote  #366 
Hello, Bruce, and everyone else who's here. It's been a busy week here for us, but I just had to stop in and let you know that I'm thinking about you and yours today and every day, and each of your journeys down this twisted bumpy road called grief. We're all traveling down it, but we each experience the journey differently. One thing unites us, however, and that's the love we shared with the special creatures who came into our lives to fill them with joy, and now, with sorrow now that the joy has nowhere to go. Forgive my rambling, it's the best I could come up with, but I just had to let you all know that I'm thinking about you. May you have a blessed day, and may the love of your dear friends light your path.
Your dear friend, Marie (and the crew of course!) 💞
Memories_of_Marmalade

Reply with quote  #367 

Dear Sweet Marie,

You wrote that comment perfectly. Thank you for sharing your thoughtful and heartfelt message with us. It matters. I wish you good travels and healing on your journey as well. As I know everyone here on this forum does also.

XO

My very best regards,
James
Marie123

Reply with quote  #368 
Thank you, James. That's exactly what it is, too, is a journey, a journey none of us want to be on. At the same time, we should all count ourselves fortunate for having these wonderful beings in our lives, and now in our hearts. One day we once again will have them in our arms.
Peace to you 😺
Chandlers_Dad

Reply with quote  #369 
Good evening, everyone.

Hope and pray you are all well. Your hearts ache as much as mine, and I feel for each of you. Wish we could all just share the biggest hug together.

Doing okay here. Work, work, work. No surprise that I miss my babies horribly. India has been gone 3 1/2 months already. Still cry. A lot. I still look for her, as well as for Phoebe and my dearest Chandler. This house seems so empty without them. I am planning to move in the spring (had planned to do so before now) and hope that will help me move on.

Hugs to all of you.
sma23

Reply with quote  #370 
Bruce,

It’s good to hear from you. I can’t imagine the pain you must have been in since then, but it’s good to know you are working to move forward. I know the feeling of the house being quiet without those you love and are so used to. It’s been a year and a half since Ziggy passed and although I’ve since adjusted to the silence, it’s still hard to not look around my shoulder and expect him running towards me. I suppose I have my education to thank for keeping my mind off him. 

It will be a long road ahead of you in your recovery, but I know you’ll bounce back. Leaving you with lots of hugs.
Marie123

Reply with quote  #371 
Hey, Bruce! Great to hear from you! It's been busy here too. Getting ready for the Halloween party. I'm going to just wear my hay-covered clothes and go as a scarecrow. Not an easy time of year, though. Black cats everywhere I look. And it's just not the same without Raven. She always liked to lie on the dryer and glare at everyone as they came in. I told them she was my most realistic decoration ever!
Hard to believe where the time goes. It seems like forever and yesterday all rolled into one. One thing that doesn't change is how much they're missed. I don't think that will ever end for us. Your little crew lit up your life, just as Raven did mine. Nobody could ever take their place in your heart. Regardless of what happens down the road with your move, just know that they're still with you, even if it's not in the way you remember.
Great hearing from you again! It's getting late here. I'd better attempt to get Curtis and the rest settled for the night. As soon as I'm ready to go to sleep, they all want to run around like lunatics 🤣
Hugs from everyone here at my miniature zoo 🐰😺🐌🐞🦎
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.