Chandlers_Dad Show full post »
Jcunnane
Chandlers_Dad wrote:
Jackie, your Bubby was regal! What a handsome guy. I swear he and Chandler could be brothers. You can just see his sweetness! Was he a big cat? Chandler was 25 pounds. It was like having bowling balls sitting on my chest, lol. Bubby looks like a love bug, and my heart goes out to you. I believe all of us know how much you are hurting. We don't get over it at all, but somehow we get through it. Many hugs to you tonight and onward, my friend.

Bruce,

Thank you so much for your sweet words about Bubby! He was HUGE!!!! Not as big as Chandler (holy moly!) but he was he was 15 pounds maybe 17 at his most. He was long too! He would stand on his back legs and reach up on our legs and when he did that I would say he was about 36 inches long. Massive paws! If’s funny his sister Lola was the smallest of the litter and he was the biggest. Lola is about 9 pounds. She’s a tortie. And yep she has the tortitude. Very lovey and sweet though on her terms. Much more independent then Bubby. Bubby was our social butterfly. Like you said he was such a big ball of orange love. He loved to give “Bubby hugs” when he would lay on your checks and wrap his arms around your neck and lay his head on your face. They were the best! It’s been hard not to have those. I feel like there are less tears but the emptiness just keeps growing. His presence was IMMENSE. I get the feeling India was like that too. And you’re right, I’ll never be over my Bubby. He was my one in a million. Never met a kitty like him before but I know like everyone here we’ll keep them in a special place in our hearts and one day we’ll be reunited again. I hope the sweet memories of India are coming back. I know how hard it is to think of them right now. She was and always will be the queen...the mama!

Sending you tons of hugs,
Jackie

Here’s a photo of Bubby and Lola and another one of Lola (we call her Nermie a lot short for Nermal from Garfield. Quiet the instigator with Bubby but then would give a look like “what me?” and would just bat her eyes 😻

Bubby's (Milo) Mommy - Always & Forever My Little Man 💜

Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Hi Jackie,

Happy Saturday! 

I don't know how we (my family and I back in the day) came up with this goofy term either, but whenever one of our cats would stretch out long, we would exclaim: "LONGGGINESSSS!!" Which I suppose was originally rooted in the name of the Swiss / French Watch Co. that sponsors many prestigious events in France, as shown below. So silly, but it worked for us. Lol.

So when any of our cats (over 40 years) would lay down on their side and fully stretch out and we would pet or brush them, we would say: "LONGINES!" I know. So crazy. Lol.

https://www.longinesmasters.com/en

James
Quote 0 0
sma23
Jackie,

Your kitties are gorgeous! Torties are one of my favorites, I can’t help but admire the different colors. I’m not sure how long Ziggy was, but he apparently was long enough that he was able to stretch himself from hip to toe, even when sleeping on his back.

Bruce,

Ziggy actually weighed at a whopping 18 pounds at one point. We would still pick him up and hold him in our arms, but his weight didn’t permit us to hold him for over a long period of time. It got to a point where we eventually had to put him and Zoey on a diet that not only would help shave off additional weight, but control the hair balls lol. Since we still have Zoey with us, she’s lost a substantial amount and is still healthy.

Marie,

the amount of “disapproval on their faces” rings true! My sister made a bow tie out of paper one time and wrapped around Ziggy’s collar before putting the entire thing on. I don’t have the photo (I believe my other sister was sent the image), but I remember she had caught him at the right moment that it still makes me chuckle at his disapproving expression.

To all,
I had the opportunity today to snap a few pictures I could of Zoey since it was such a beautiful day outside! Who says black cats can’t be photogenic?
Quote 0 0
Jcunnane
Memories_of_Marmalade wrote:

Hi Jackie,

Happy Saturday! 

I don't know how we (my family and I back in the day) came up with this goofy term either, but whenever one of our cats would stretch out long, we would exclaim: "LONGGGINESSSS"
Which I suppose was rooted in the name of the Swiss / French Watch Co. that sponsors many prestigious events in France, as shown below. So silly, but it worked.

When any of our cats (over 40 years) would lay down on their side and fully stretch out and we would pet or brush them, we would say: "LONGINES!" I know. So crazy. Lol.

https://www.longinesmasters.com/en

James

James,

Happy Saturday to you too! It’s been a long day painting our deck. Now I’m catching up.

That’s too funny of a saying! Bubby loved to stretch out on his side. He was so so big. Big old goof.

Thank you so much for sharing!

HUGS!
Jackie

Quote 0 0
Jcunnane
Dear sma23,

Thank you so much! Torties are very beautiful kitties. Lola has unique coloring to her. She almost has a bullseye on her sides. Like a circle pattern. Everyone just admired her coloring when they see her.

Zoey is gorgeous! I love black kitties. Just like panthers. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful baby.

Hugs,
Jackie

Quote 0 0
Marie123
Awww all of you have such beautiful kiddens! That's what we call them here is "kiddens," started by my friend's daughter. We've got silly phrases for our animals too. It's part of the fun I think. Whenever Curtis, the bunny, stretches out with his feet behind him, I'll say "Sploot!" Whenever they all decide to go racing through the house (usually around 11pm when I'm ready for bed) I call it the Fuzzball 500. So strange how we come up with this stuff, but it's just part of what goes into the very special relationships we have with our little pals. I still think of all the crazy stuff Raven did and wonder how on earth she made it to the age she did! That cat was part monkey I believe! 😂
Quote 0 0
Chandlers_Dad
Hello, everyone,

I am so sorry I haven't responded sooner. It has been such a busy time for me at work. I have completely loved these pictures you have shared! Thankful for cameras. We can take so many pictures of our loved ones and not have to rely on some photo finishing company to get the treasures back to us. I see lots of love here. Bless you all!

India passed two weeks ago tomorrow. Today is my birthday but it is not a happy one. I miss my little lady. Painfully. Lots of tears

Thinking of all of you and wishing for peace and comfort tonight for all of you. We are in this horrid club together. Had it not been for pain, we wouldn't all be here. Wish I could hug all of you (and I am not an affectionate person, lol). Just know I care and am thinking of all of you.

Bruce
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Happy Birthday Sir Bruce!

Thank you for your very kind and inspiring words. I am sure that everyone here would agree that you make this forum all the more special with your presence, whenever you visit it. 

Cheers on this very special day! (raises my glass.)  : )

All my best regards,
James
Quote 0 0
Chandlers_Dad
James,

What a kind and wonderful reply. I raise my glass to you, as well. I know my babies are romping with Marmalade right now. They are happier than we are, and I truly believe they want us to be happy, too. Thank you so much for your kind words!

Bruce
Quote 0 0
Jcunnane
Happy Birthday, Bruce! Like James said, you make this place very special and that much sweeter!

Cheers to you!

Hugs,
Jackie

Quote 0 0
Chandlers_Dad
Hugs to you, Jackie! I don't know where we would all be if we didn't have each other. All I can say is that we all feel a little less alone because of this place. Twenty years ago we would be suffering in silence. Now we all can feel along with each other, knowing we are definitely not alone.
Quote 0 0
Chandlers_Dad
India, Phoebe, and Chandler.
Quote 0 0
Marie123
Happy birthday, Bruce! Just know that we'll all be thinking of you tomorrow. May your trio of fuzz angels send you a special message of love on your day, to remind you of all the beautiful moments you shared.
Everyone here, your kitties are all just gorgeous! I had some great pictures of Raven as a baby, but when my roommate moved out she either grabbed the album by mistake, or took it with her and threw it out just to be evil. I'll never have those photos again, and I'll never forgive that woman. So take as many pictures as you can, looks of disapproval and all, and cherish them, always and ever.
Love to everyone here, and a happy birthday to you, Bruce! You're all an A+ in my book! 🎂🍨😺💞
Quote 0 0
Purzel
Happy Birthday, Bruce Happy Brithday.gif 

Your lovely trio of sweet angels is all around you today - I wish all the best for you on your special day. You are a wonderful person.

Many wordless hugs
Your friend, Silvia
Silvia (with Max forever in my heart)

[hundi]

Quote 0 0
Marie123
Happy birthday, Bruce! May your day be one of peace and reflection, and may the love of your dear Chandler, Phoebe and India shine down on you and let you know that you are still very much loved, and that they are still very much a part of your life. All of us here, from Curtis to Roswell to all the rest, send our best to you. Many many thanks for being our friend, and for giving those beautiful kitties the life they truly deserved.
Wishing you our very best wishes today 🎂🍨🎈🎈🎉🎊
Quote 0 0