Chandlers_Dad Show full post »
3_cats_mom
Hello Bruce,

Have you thought about adopting other cats eventually when you are ready? 
Quote 0 0
MichelleKinkaid
Bruce,
My heart breaks for you as I know the pain. I lost my Rocky suddenly on June 13 (4 weeks ago ... same as Jackie's Bubby). With Rocky ... One minute he seemed fine and when I came home from work late at night he was in complete distress ... there wasn't any time for me to prepare ... it was awful. The emergency Vet was trying to tell me that I should think about letting him go - I was horrified ... not at all thinking that result was possible. I was at the emergency Vet Hospital that did emergency back surgery twice on our dog and saved him ... I was expecting them to help my Rocky and fix whatever was causing his distress. Having difficulty ... heart is broken ... my spirit is broken ... I just want him back. Within a couple hours of coming home and finding him is distress he was gone ... it was like a nightmare. I am devastated and angry with myself that I wasn't here when he needed me most. It just tears me apart inside. It was just me and him here and now it's so empty.

I am so sorry that you have lost your little India ... the photo of her is so darling. I hope she finds my Rocky along with
all the others from here.
xoxo
  00-20180612_175257-Rocky-bed+Copy-SMALL2.jpg 
Michelle Kinkaid
Quote 0 0
Chandlers_Dad
OMG, Michelle, he looks just like my Chandler. My heart breaks for you. I am sure India has found Rocky. God Bless him. He is certainly romping with India, her babies, and the many, many others here -- Raven, Mo, Kaddagh, Max, Ziggy, Bubby, Marmalade, Rouquinou, and soooooo many more. At a time when we can't find comfort, we have to rely on the wonderful souls here that can share and appreciate your pain. I didn't think it was possible to feel such love from strangers, but here you can. And you will.

3 cats, I honestly I don't know if I will ever be ready. I don't know if it would even be fair to another pet. My heart is hurting so much for my babies that I think my expectations would be too high. That could and hopefully will change in time. Much, much time.

Tomorrow is one week since I lost India. It has been rough. Horrible and excruciating, actually. But I have friends from this forum, and their support moves me on. (You know who you are!) As much as I am hurting, I want everyone to know what kind of support you will receive here

Now I will sign off, cry and cry for India , and say good night for now.
Quote 0 0
sma23
Bruce,

I can understand your hesitation on getting another! Though I still have the sister, getting another pet is hard, especially when you’ve built up over 10 years of a deep bond. My family was very close with my previous dog and when he had to be put down, it took a long time before they considered another. It will take time as you process the sudden change in your life, but I have faith you will come out stronger.

Sending you lots of love your way!
Quote 0 0
Chandlers_Dad
Thank you, Sma. Maybe someday my heart will change, but right now I can't conceive of it.

Having a hard time tonight. I just can't believe all 3 of them are gone. I keep looking for India everywhere. Even a shadow makes me think she's there. I will be 53 next Friday, but I swear I have cried more in the past two years with losing Chandler, Phoebe, and India than in all the previous years. Always considered myself the tough guy, lol. Now I know that love is way stronger than "acting" tough. I am humbled and ashamed for bottling everything up all this time.

I miss India.
Quote 0 0
Chandlers_Dad
The last picture taken of my little lady, just 5 days before I lost her.
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Hi Bruce,

There is a lot of wisdom and "knowingness" in the face of that Grand Lady India in the photo you just shared. I am so sorry again for your loss of her and her children. I can barely process losing just one cat with my Marmalade being gone, let alone 3 over a time.

Like you I am in deep, deep grief and overcome with sadness. I keep expecting to see Marmalade again. I keep thinking he is going to walk around the corner at any moment to greet me. But he does not. : *** (

I hope you feel better and just continue to travel through time and continue to heal my friend.

Kind regards,
James
Quote 0 0
Jcunnane
What a beautiful photo of India. She is just absolutely gorgeous and her markings are so unique. Laying there like a queen should be!

Sending you tons of hugs Bruce,
Jackie

Ps here’s a few photos of Bubby. I saw you said Rocky looked like Chandler. Love the orange guys 🧡

Bubby's (Milo) Mommy - Always & Forever My Little Man 💜

Quote 0 0
Chandlers_Dad
Good evening, James,

Thank you for your kind words about India. As far as how many we've lost, no number is significant. You lost your dear Marmalade, and that hurts as deeply to you as if I have lost my three. They're all individual losses, my friend. My heart truly goes out to you and I feel your grief and sadness. At a time I felt no one cared about my pain, this forum showed me otherwise. They helped me through, and I hope we all can help you, too. You'll find you are not alone at all. That alone brings comfort. At this point, we take all the comfort we can get, right? Wishing the best for you.
Quote 0 0
Marie123
Oh my gosh, India's face! It's adorable! I call that the Look of Disapproval, or the Glare, and animals have actually mastered the art far above what humans could achieve. Raven used to give everyone that look at our annual Halloween party while sitting on the dryer, judging everyone and swatting at them if they were foolish enough to try and pet her. Everyone said she was the most realistic Halloween decoration they'd ever seen! Everyone here, your kitties are all so beautiful! And each one has touched your heart in their own special way. The pain of losing them is as unique as the cats themselves, I believe, because each one has different qualities. But one thing is certain, we're better people for having had them in our lives. And the lessons about love they've taught us will never be forgotten. The smiles, the laughter and even the aggravation were and still are so important to us. And we will forever be connected to them by our hearts.
Wishing everyone here all my best tonight ❤💚
Quote 0 0
Chandlers_Dad
Jackie, your Bubby was regal! What a handsome guy. I swear he and Chandler could be brothers. You can just see his sweetness! Was he a big cat? Chandler was 25 pounds. It was like having bowling balls sitting on my chest, lol. Bubby looks like a love bug, and my heart goes out to you. I believe all of us know how much you are hurting. We don't get over it at all, but somehow we get through it. Many hugs to you tonight and onward, my friend.
Quote 0 0
Chandlers_Dad
LOL, Marie,

I love what you said... "the look of Disapproval" ... she actually hammed it up for the camera, believe it or not. She always had that look! Yet, she was so sweet and loving to everyone. Usually, anyway. :-)
Quote 0 0
Marie123
Oh yeah, Raven was usually an absolute sweetheart but she had her moments. Sometimes she'd swat at people and make this crazy "Mars Attacks" sound ("Ak-ak-ak!) I'd laugh so hard! Especially when she did it to folks I didn't particularly care for! 😂
Quote 0 0
3_cats_mom
India's face is very unique and beautiful. Rouquinou's mom Daisy is a calico too, but she is not as pretty as India 😉 My cats's pictures are too big... I need to resize them in order to post them here :(

I think when you are overwhelmed with grief, it is hard to think about adopting other fur babies. I too had similar experiences. When I was little, I had pets like birds, rabbits, guinea pigs, ducks, and chicks etc. Each time they died, I cried like river. Finally I swore that I would never have pets again, because I just couldn't handle them. And for years I didn't have any, until a stray cat came along in my life and I started to have cats again. And now here I am. People around me who love animals have gone through the same cycle; attachment, failing health, loss, grief for years, and eventually adoption again. I believe that when you love animals, you would open your heart to other animals once your grief is buried. 
Quote 0 0
3_cats_mom
Screenshot 2019-07-13 at 10.02.50.png It is a very old picture. Calico mother Daisy on the left, next to her is the dad Ruby who went missing years ago. Rouquinou on the far right with his white/black littermate Blanchi. That's the whole family.... now only two left. Time flies ... sigh
Quote 0 0