Forum

Author   Comment   Page 20 of 25     «   Prev   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   Next   »
Chandlers_Dad

Reply with quote  #286 
That's awesome, Marie! If they can get along so beautifully, why can't the rest of us?! We could learn a lesson from all of them!

India is doing well. It's almost like she is bucking what the doctor said. Happy, hearty, and still ornery. God, how I pray it will last as long as possible. Still holding my hand each night, and right by my side this moment.

Smiles and hugs to you!
Chandlers_Dad

Reply with quote  #287 
My little girl.

Attached Images
jpeg 20190620_215537.jpg (129.62 KB, 9 views)

Marie123

Reply with quote  #288 
She is SOOO pretty! That's great that she's doing so well too. My friend's cat did the same thing when she was thinking he wasn't doing well. It was like he said "Oh, yeah? I'll show you guys!" Cats really are stubborn little things but that's why we love them!
Almost time to get everyone in bed here, and Curtis of course is doing his usual "I'm not tired" routine. Exasperating but hilarious at the same time. I guess I'll try singing that Norse lullaby again, always calms him down...
The sky is dark and the hills are white
As the Storm King comes from the North tonight
And this is the song that the Storm King sings
As over the world his cloak he flings;
Sleep, sleep, little one, sleep,
He rustles his wings, and gruffly sings,
Sleep, little one, sleep.....
Memories_of_Marmalade

Reply with quote  #289 

Dear Chandler's Dad,

I think your cat is one of the most unique cats I have ever seen in my life! What a beauty your little girl is! Her markings are incredible!

Cheers!

James
Purzel

Reply with quote  #290 
Oh Bruce,

What a lovely pic of dear ole India - she looks lovely! I imagine how wonderful it must be holding hands with her and I am very glad to hear that she is doing better. She is such a dear good old girl - we are all wishing that the good times will last. Have a wonderful time with her, dear friend.

Many wordless hugs

[hundi]

Chandlers_Dad

Reply with quote  #291 
India went to be with Phoebe and Chandler at 12:50 this afternoon.

Thursday and yesterday were fantastic days for her. She was loving, playful, still eating like a horse, and being very talkative. Today, though, her breathing was so labored, and she was panting excessively. We took her to the vet, where they sedated her to calm her down. Moments later, she stretched, exhaled, and passed away. I am so numb I can barely think straight.

Bless you all for being here during my 2 year saga. I don't know how I could have made it without this forum. I will keep you all in my heart, wishing for peace and love for each of you. One last time but just as sincerely as the first, Thank You.

Bruce
Marie123

Reply with quote  #292 
Oh no, Bruce! I'm so sorry to hear about India! It sounds like you had a great last couple of weeks together. It doesn't matter what age, if they pass suddenly, or if it's after a long illness, it's never easy. Just remember that she chose you in the beginning because she knew you have such a good heart. She knew her family would be safe with you. She will never forget the kindness you showed her and her kittens. And because of that kindness, the world is a better place for everyone.
Your beautiful kitty family will always be with you, just as Raven is always with me. Don't think for once they could ever truly leave you. India will check in on you, and make sure her kids remember to as well! A love like you had is just far too immense to disappear.
I hope you'll come here to talk as the days go by. May India send her love and gratitude to you, and just know that you gave her a life she and her family might otherwise never have had. The world is a far better place with that sort of love in it.
Sending our love your way, and prayers for you and India;
Marie and all the rest 🐰❤😺
sma23

Reply with quote  #293 
Bruce,

Oh no.... I’m so sorry to hear that. From what you’ve told us about India and your time together, it sounds like you two had a deep bond. Now, she can go be with her kids pain free. Maybe she’ll come across my Ziggy up there. They probably would get along. I feel awful for asking this in your time of grief, but did the vet say what caused her decline? I recall Ziggy having labored breathing before he was taken in to the vet as well. To this day, we suspect it may have been more than just a sensitive stomach. But we’ll never know.

I know words can’t bring her back, but just know that she is looking over you with Chandler and Phoebe. She’s had a very long and blessed life. She’s pushed through when Chandler and Phoebe passed and she’s helped you heal. She’s had her ups and downs, but you helped her through them. Grief is an interesting thing since there’s no limit to how long a person holds onto it, but just know that we’re for you, Bruce. Every step of the way.
Chandlers_Dad

Reply with quote  #294 
Marie and Sma,

Thank you both. I still feel numb. I just cannot believe my little India is gone, and I also can't believe how much my heart hurts right now. As much as losing Chandler and Phoebe hurt, losing their dear mother is even worse, if that is possible.

She had hypothyroidism, and that made her lose weight. It also made her breathing more difficult. She fought it... she wouldn't tolerate the medicine... and I prayed she would stay around. She did, for a while.

When I woke up this morning, the last thing I thought was that I would say goodbye to India today. So tonight I am having this conversation now, grieving my girl.

She has greeted Raven and Ziggy, my friends. And Phoebe and Chandler, as well.

Bless you all.
Marie123

Reply with quote  #295 
No problem, Bruce. India had a very special part to play in your life. She always will. I imagine she's checking in on you right now. To be honest, even two years after Raven left, I still feel numb. It's not something that goes away, but that you just get used to, if that's at all possible. So take your time, do what needs to be done to get through, and come talk to us as much as you need to. We'll always be here.
With our blessing-Marie, Roswell, Curtis and the crew ❤
Jcunnane

Reply with quote  #296 
Hi Bruce,

I’m so sorry for the loss of your beloved, India. She’s beautiful. I know the pain and numbness you describe.

I’m relativity new to the forum as I had to say goodby to my ginger tabby boy, Milo (we called him Bubby) on June 13th to renal failure. He would have been 10 at the end of July.

I’ve been reading your posts and you gave your babies the best lives they could have asked for. The picture of India with you holding her paw is just precious. My Bubby would let me do that with him. I always thought how trusting and loving of him to let me hold his paw and have control of it. That’s true unconditional love.

Sending you tons of hugs and please know you’re in my thoughts,
Jackie

Bubby's (Milo) Mommy - Always & Forever My Little Man 💜

Chandlers_Dad

Reply with quote  #297 
Jackie, My heart truly goes out to you for Bubby. I know he knew how much he was loved. It doesn't matter how old they are. Losing them is horrible in all respects. I only hope you and your loved ones can feel comfort in the love you shared with him, and what he gave back to you. Hugs to you all.

I can't even begin to say how much I love India. She brought me her dearest babies, Chandler and Phoebe. When Chandler died, I thought my heart would cease to beat. Phoebe's death caught me so off guard that I could make no sense of it. And India -- their mother-- I always thought was invincible. I can't even conceive of this right now.

Rely on this forum, Jackie. This place will help you go through this.
sma23

Reply with quote  #298 
Bruce,

Hypothyroidism sounds awful. Was it something she recently got or had it for sometime? (If you’re not wanting to discuss this topic, I understand). Ziggy had a similar thing. It happened out of the blue. Throw ups were pretty common in the household if they occurred once in a while, but we noticed it happening almost every other week or so. He’d be begging for food and he actually ate a full hot dog (meant for my sister) off the counter one time. His health led to him having diarrhea, and we took him in to the vet; they said it was an intestinal bowel.

With medicine, for a while, he was getting better. If only we knew the time we had left to share with him. The night before he passed, he laid on my lap. Next day, we noticed he wasn’t moving much. His weight dropped from healthy 14 pounds to a measly 6 in a week. He had trouble breathing, so we took him to the vet to see if there was anything she could do to help him hang on a little longer. All I remember that day is crying my eyes out when I was told he was put to sleep to avoid more pain for him. As much as I wanted him back, I knew it was for the best because he was not going to be in pain anymore.

I’m very certain India knew the amount of love you held for her and her kits. She saw the amount of grief you had when both Chandler and Phoebe passed and come to mourn with you. I can tell from your past updates on her positive days that she was very grateful to have you around her. She missed her kits, but she had you to guide her through it. Our companions are the treasures of our lives that we expect them to be around forever. Time is a fickle thing. It goes on forever, but falls short to deliver a punch in the gut.

Sending you lots of hugs. If you ever need to talk, know we’ll always be here to lend an ear. And yes, I know she, Chandler and Phoebe have greeted Ziggy and Raven. They’ll always be with us.
Jcunnane

Reply with quote  #299 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandlers_Dad
Jackie, My heart truly goes out to you for Bubby. I know he knew how much he was loved. It doesn't matter how old they are. Losing them is horrible in all respects. I only hope you and your loved ones can feel comfort in the love you shared with him, and what he gave back to you. Hugs to you all.

I can't even begin to say how much I love India. She brought me her dearest babies, Chandler and Phoebe. When Chandler died, I thought my heart would cease to beat. Phoebe's death caught me so off guard that I could make no sense of it. And India -- their mother-- I always thought was invincible. I can't even conceive of this right now.

Rely on this forum, Jackie. This place will help you go through this.

Thank you, Bruce. It’s been a horrible 3 weeks. I never really knew how much I depended on him until he was gone. He was such a bright light now my brightest star in the sky. It hurts so much he isn’t here. The lump in my throat is huge. Although each day I’m functioning more, I still have many moments where I break down and sob.

I’m so sorry about India, Phoebe and Chandler. Sometimes, I know I do, think of these babies as humans and we expect them to live long lives like us. I guess that’s why so many struggle with this. We feel like we didn’t have enough time no matter how old or young they were. I hope time heals your heart. I wish this gets easier. I feel like the hole in my heart is just becoming bigger now that I’m accepting he won’t be returning. All we can do is cherish the good times as hard as it may be. Your sweet India bringing you your babies. Growing up I had a kitty who gave birth to a litter of babies under my moms bed. We kept two of the babies and the mom. The mom was my special kitty. She was so sweet. I didn’t comprehend them passing though because I was in the midst of growing up/college. Now after Bubby, I understand the pain everyone speaks of. It’s the worst pain I have felt even after losing my estranged father to cancer in 2001. I cried more for Bubby then him.

Thank you again for your kind words. Everyone has been wonderful here including you. I hope the pain eases but I know that will take time. Just remember how lucky India was to have you and you two holding hands. The sweetest gesture of trust and love.

Sending tons of hugs,
Jackie

Bubby's (Milo) Mommy - Always & Forever My Little Man 💜

Purzel

Reply with quote  #300 
Oh Bruce,

I am so sorry you lost old, dear and sweet India, the mother of Chandler and Phoebe, the beginning of all the joy and happiness for so many many years. Even tho it was time for her to leave and even tho you somehow knew this deep down inside – the pain is not less and I can imagine your feeling numb so very well.

Now is the time to take all the time in the world to grieve, to cry and to allow room for sadness – my heart goes out to you, dear friend.

Then the time come when acceptance will approach your heart and make room for all the sweetest memories of all of them, your beloved ones who will forever live on in your heart. India is now reunited with Chandler and Phoebe – all three of them happy and free of any pain. I am sure they will send you good signs.

Many wordless hugs

Three flowers to symolize your beloved ones
3belovedones.jpg 

[hundi]

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.