Forum

Author   Comment   Page 19 of 25     «   Prev   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   Next   »
Chandlers_Dad

Reply with quote  #271 
Good evening, everyone! I hope you are all well. I haven't been here in a few months (as usual) but am so thankful for all of you. (Purzel, many wordless hugs to you, too!)

All is well here. India is doing well. I shower her with love constantly. She has become a tad demanding, especially where attention is concerned, but I love every second of it. Some days I feel like her "staff", lol.

I do grieve for Phoebe and Chandler daily, but in a different way. I don't break down inconsolably anymore. It's more of a "my life will never be the same but it goes on nonetheless" sort of way. Oh, choose the wrong moment and my previous statement is a total lie, but it's not like it was. At least not as often.

Bless you all.

Bruce

sma23

Reply with quote  #272 
Hi Bruce.

Good to hear India is doing well! Sometimes having our remaining companions with us helps us heal. I’ve been doing alright. Several weeks ago (on March 30th) marked the one year anniversary since Ziggy had to be put down. It feels longer than that lol. I’ve (and Zoey) adjusted well since then. I haven’t had a breakdown in a long while, save for today, but only that was over something entirely different.

Hope all of you are doing well in your lives, perhaps better than mine at the moment!
Marie123

Reply with quote  #273 
Hi, Bruce! Funny, I was just thinking about you and India the other day. I'm glad she's doing well. It's been crazy for me so I don't get to talk to folks here as much as I'd like to. I can totally relate. Life does go on, but just not the way it did. I've come to accept this as the new normal. Our little furballs would want us to keep going and spread the love they gave us in life. Things will never ever be the same, but they know this, and will never leave us.
So great to hear from you! Give India a big hug from all of us here in currently waterlogged Missouri! Take care! 😺🐰
Purzel

Reply with quote  #274 
Hi there Bruce,

So good to hear from you and to learn that India is doing well. I imagine you spoil her every second. I am also glad to hear that there is not so much pain living in your heart about your sweet ones Chandler and Phoebe and the good memories rule. I guess we will always miss them.

I hope you are doing well in this lovely month of May.

As always.... many wordless hugs to you

[hundi]

Chandlers_Dad

Reply with quote  #275 
Good evening, everyone!

Sma, I sure hope you are alright! I don't know what you are going through, but I certainly hope that whatever it is, you know you have folks who care. If I can ever be a friend to you, my email address is brucejmcgee@gmail.com. I mean that! As well as to ANY of my friends here!

Purzel... many wordless hugs... and my dear, dear friend Marie... I am so thankful for both of you. You may never know how very much I am thankful for both of you! I don't know what I would have done all of these months without your support.

My baby India is 16 now, and although she's still ornery and loving, I am really starting to worry. She has lost soooooo much weight... down to 8 pounds from almost 20. Bleeding sporadically all over the house. Eats and drinks quite well, but is otherwise getting a bit listless. I am terrified of what the doctor would say, and even more horrified of losing her. I know it's coming, but pray it's way down the road.

Just ramblings here. Thinking of all of you!
sma23

Reply with quote  #276 
Bruce,

Send my birthday wishes to India. 16 years old, wow! Also, that’s awful. It’s good she still eats and drinks well, but bleeding sporadically all over the house? I can’t imagine the pain she must be feeling. I hope your vet is able to give you answers as to why and how she’s lost so much weight. From my experiences with Ziggy losing a lot of weight in his last few months, the vet told us he had a thick intestine wall that made the food too rich for him to digest. After his passing, we suspected cancer may have been the cause, though the vet wasn’t entirely sure if it was that. Praying India hasn’t gotten anything worse and that she recuperates quickly! Sending good vibes along your way!
Marie123

Reply with quote  #277 
Hi, Bruce! Great to hear from you again! Everyone here is doing ok although it's been getting hotter here in Missouri. I don't mind really. The winter was so lousy that the hot weather almost seems a blessing. It's not the same anymore though, without Raven here to catch the bugs that get in.
My oldest cat Logan was doing what you've described with India. He had some sort of infection that cleared up with antibiotics and now he gets a vitamin b12 shot every few weeks and takes probiotics every day. He's gained a bit of weight back and has had more energy. Maybe ask the vet about that for yours. Like you I know it's coming but hoping it's a long way off. It wasn't a perfect fix but it's definitely helped mine out!
Give India a big hug while you're at it. May she get stronger as the days go by, and may the love of Chandler and Phoebe surround you both
💙Marie and the Gang💚
Purzel

Reply with quote  #278 
Hi there Bruce,

I imagine the fear that lives inside of you when you see good old India and the difficulties you describe with her health. You are well aware of her age of 16 and there come a time when you will have to let her go. But this time is not now and not today – India is so very well cared for and I hope you can manage to concentrate on the beautiful time you have now with her and not ponder the future too much. We both know that things mostly turn out differently than we had thought or feared and that the future is beyond our control really.

From the bottom of my heart I wish you well and that you and India have a good time together.

Many wordless hugs to you, dear friend

[hundi]

Chandlers_Dad

Reply with quote  #279 
Sma, Marie, and Purzel,

As always, thank you all. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in my own babies that I forget to Express my love and appreciation to all of you. Hugs to all of your babies, and to each of you, as well. We can definitely all feel like we're not alone. Far from it.

The confirmation about India is as bad as I feared... days left. She is eating and drinking, but the emaciation and rapid breathing are indicative of her departure being near. She's not in pain or discomfort at this time, but it will be very soon. Decided against letting her go because any day, or any hour, of letting her feel and experience love -- as long as she's not suffering -- is worth the world. Not just for me, but for her.

The one thing in which I take some selfish solace is knowing this will be the last time.

Bless you all, and thank you again.
Marie123

Reply with quote  #280 
Hi, Bruce! I'm so sorry to hear about India not doing well. You're doing right by her, sticking with her at this time. You took her and her family in at a crucial time, and just know that she'll never ever forget that. So just love her all you can, tell her everything you feel, and hold her in your arms and in your heart. She will always carry your kindness with her, even when time eventually separates you. No amount of time or space will ever erase the love we share with the special ones in our life. Give her extra treats, pet her, sing her your favorite song (I sing "Bright Eyes" to my animals all the time even though I'm tone deaf!) It's these little things that she will remember and love you for, always and forever.
Please keep us updated on how she's doing. You know we're watching out for you.
Peace to you and India tonight 🙏🕊
Chandlers_Dad

Reply with quote  #281 
Thanks, Marie! I am definitely doing everything I can to assure her how much she's loved, and to ensure her comfort. She's actually doing okay tonight... still devouring food, meowing for attention, roaming around. Breathing still scares me but if she's in pain, she sure isn't showing it. But of course, cats keep that from us so I can't be sure. Her favorite song is "Lucky" by Kat Edmundson (appropriate name!) so I cast it on YouTube and she just seems so relaxed, giving me kitty-kiss blinks throughout. I will definitely keep you posted. Hope and pray you and your clan are well, dear friend... I know Missouri has been dealing with Mother Nature a lot! Please keep me posted, too. Hugs to you and yours.
Chandlers_Dad

Reply with quote  #282 
She has been holding my hand for an hour. Love her so much.

Attached Images
jpeg 20190614_231413.jpg (145.50 KB, 5 views)

Marie123

Reply with quote  #283 
Aawww! OMG Bruce she is SOOO pretty! My friend's got a calico similar to her. Their colors are just so striking. I'm glad she's doing well tonight and enjoying her favorite song. It's so odd (well, to those who don't understand) that animals have their music preferences like we do. I sing silly kids songs to Curtis, the rabbit, and he loves it. Yesterday was his one year "Gotcha Day." I can't believe I adopted him a year ago! He reminds me of a 2yo, right down to the tantrums at bedtime. I truly believe Raven led me to the shelter that day to find him because she knew I was hurting beyond anything I'd ever felt before after losing her. It's actually been quite cool here I Missouri so Curtis and the rest have been really active. We're expecting more rain and storms though which is going to mess up the Stanley Cup parade if it hits at noon. I'll probably just watch on TV. It's way too crowded for me!
I hope you and India enjoy your evening together, and many more. She definitely sounds like a very special kitty who showed up specifically to touch your heart! She's as beautiful inside as she is on the outside and deserves only the best.
And just to make you smile, here's a picture of Curtis in his party hat (which he tried to eat lol!)
You and India have a blessed weekend!

Attached Images
jpeg 20190613_093327.jpg (120.25 KB, 2 views)
jpeg 20190613_092538.jpg (107.07 KB, 2 views)

Chandlers_Dad

Reply with quote  #284 
He is so cute, Marie!!! Must be a very tolerant little soul! I can't believe you've had him a whole year already. Where does time go?! Does the rest of crew get along with him?
Marie123

Reply with quote  #285 
Thanks, Bruce! Yes, he gets along great with most of the cats. Freddy is a bit unpredictable so I keep a close eye on him but he's actually doing much better with the bunny. My other orange cat Phoenix has bonded with him. They play, groom and even take naps together! Bunch of weirdos but I love them!

Attached Images
jpeg 20190606_202811.jpg (116.02 KB, 3 views)
jpeg 20190606_202704.jpg (126.43 KB, 3 views)

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.