Forum

Author   Comment   Page 17 of 25     «   Prev   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   Next   »
Chandlers_Dad

Reply with quote  #241 
Marie, I am sure that Raven has found all sorts of things to roll in! She'll share it, no doubt! It makes her happy, as our babies love sharing their "gifts" with us. I know Raven loved you to the end of the world-- and still does-- so she'll be waiting on the other end of the Bridge with all types of presents for you. And you'll love them all, because they came from your Raven. You know she's probably teaching Phoebe and Chandler a few things, right? :-D
Marie123

Reply with quote  #242 
Oh, I'm sure she is, Bruce! Be afraid, be very afraid! 😸 I know I'll love everything she shares with me. She's probably riding around on a T-Rex right now, if I know her. What a sight that will be, to see not just our own dear friends, but all the other wonderful creatures that once walked the earth. Although I've got a feeling that Chandler, Phoebe and Raven have probably put them all firmly in their place by now! 🐱🌈
Chandlers_Dad

Reply with quote  #243 
Random thoughts tonight. Chandler has been gone almost 16 months, and Phoebe has been gone almost 8 months. I know their mother, India, is starting to fail. I try to love on her as much as she'll let me, but lately it's getting harder for her. She is eating less, moving less, and generally becoming more lethargic. She was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and getting medication in her is almost impossible. She's 15 now, and I am worried to death about her. She's the last one, so my heart is hurting. Sometimes I don't know if this is worth it, but then I tell myself that the love I have given them, and more importantly what they have given me, is definitely worth it all. Just sharing with the only ones who understand. Good evening, everyone.
sma23

Reply with quote  #244 
Oh, Bruce, I’m so sorry to hear India not doing well. They say a mother loves her children unconditionally, and I know she deeply misses her kids. I’m actually amazed she’s held on as long as she could without Chandler and Phoebe around. I’m sure she knows you’re trying to love her as much as you can, especially since she’s your only cat now. When they diagnosed her, did the vet ever say how long she may have left? I don’t mean to be rude or anything, but I’m not very knowledgable in the medical field.

It’s been over 6 months since Ziggy had to be put down. I’ve since adjusted to having one cat in the house again. I honestly thought it’d be hard for me to move on from his passing, but surprisingly, I haven’t had a breakdown in months. I suppose the coursework from my classes have greatly distracted me. I’ve been staying strong and it’s worked well for me so far. Of course, there are days when I feel lonely without him here (even when his sister is asking for attention and I do my best to give her all the love she can get), but I try.

Sending you lots of hugs and prayers that India recovers. I know it hasn’t been easy on her, but I know she’ll pull through. Stay strong.
Marie123

Reply with quote  #245 
Hey there, Bruce! Good to hear from you. I'm sorry to hear about India though. I know losing her babies has
probably knocked her for six so just give her all the love you possibly can. It's never easy watching them get older, but she never would have made it to 15 without you! She's certainly one very lucky kitty!
It's been a year and a half since Raven left, and a year next month since Geronimo passed. With the days getting colder and shorter I've been a mess. Actually the whole summer was a bore too. If it weren't for my other cats, new rabbit and the "pocket pets" I'd probably be in the loony bin ( although sometimes the animals are the ones who make me nuts!) Where does the time go? In a way it's worse, because it's just that much more distance between our loved ones and ourselves. It's a kind of sadness I can't really explain but I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about. There's some grief that just can't and won't be processed. Weird.
Just be sure to give the other loved ones in your lives extra love (whether they like it or not!)😅 And always remember that they love us too, regardless. Raven could be a real brat sometimes but I always knew she loved me; I mean c'mon, she never tried to "share" the bird poop she rolled in with anyone else!
Thinking of you tonight. May you and India, and all of you, have a good evening 🐱🐌🐰
Chandlers_Dad

Reply with quote  #246 
Thank you, Marie and Sma. I don't think India will be here another couple of weeks. I am looking at her now, and she looks so sad and forlorn, and I just want to hold and cuddle her. When she is gone I think I will resort to pet rocks, lol. Cannot, will not, do this anymore.
Marie123

Reply with quote  #247 
Oh, Bruce I'm so sorry to hear India isn't well. Losing her babies has taken a toll on her I'm sure. My thoughts are with you both right now. When I light Raven's and Mo's candle again, I'll also light it for you and India. May you both find the strength to continue on in your journey. Just know that my crew and I are thinking of you right now😿🐰🐌🦎🐞

Chandlers_Dad

Reply with quote  #248 
Thank you so much. India is sleeping in her chair right now, and I am staring at her. She isn't eating or drinking now, and today she has been wobbly and uncertain about everything. I thought she was perking up a little earlier, but once I tried to feed her she retreated once again. Occasionally she raises up and blinks softly at me -- "kitty kisses" -- then curls up and goes back to sleep. Tomorrow could be much better, or much worse. She likes soft music, so I am playing that for her now. She's relaxed and content, so we'll go for that! Good evening, everyone.
Marie123

Reply with quote  #249 
Hi, Bruce. I'm glad India is resting at the moment. My animals like music as well. I play soft classical at night for them or if I'm out for more than an hour or so. They can be so particular can't they? We had our annual Halloween party tonight and I left it on for Curtis so he wouldn't be as bothered by any racket we made. What kind of music does India like? Curtis and Roswell like Haydin, Vivaldi and Boccherini best. Who knew they had preferences?
Wishing you and India a good night. Hold onto that bond, and keep loving each other.
All my best ❤🐰🐱
Purzel

Reply with quote  #250 
Dear Bruce,

So sorry here to hear about India wishing both of you well. I think you know that India is in the autumn of her life yet I am very aware how difficult this is for you right now. I am very sure she knows how much you love her and how much she enjoys the music and other caring things you do for her.  My heart goes out to you - you are both in my prayers and my good wishes go out to you.

Many wordless hugs

[hundi]

Chandlers_Dad

Reply with quote  #251 
Many wordless hugs to you, too, Purzel. Thank you so much for your reply. I haven't talked to you lately and I hope you are doing well. It has been a rough year for all of us, hasn't it?

India is better today. Eating, drinking, and more bright eyed. Tonight I started playing with her -- toys, strings, catnip -- and she is wildly and happily playing all over the house! Could it be she was depressed? Or maybe just bored?!

Whatever... I am happy with whatever I get. I think I will sleep a little better tonight!

Once again, thank you, everyone!

Bruce
Marie123

Reply with quote  #252 
That's such great news, Bruce! Yes, cats get bored and depressed just like us. I suffer from seasonal affective disorder and have often wondered if it extends to animals. Or she could even have a bit of arthritis with the onset of changing weather. They're just like humans really (only cuter!)
Hope you have a good night and sleep easier now!
Hugs to you both 🐰💕🐱
Purzel

Reply with quote  #253 
Bruce,
So happy here to hear that India is better today and I can imagine how happy and relieved you are. Maybe India is just like any other elderly person with some days that are just not hers. At least I do have days like this, lol.

Yep you are right, it has been a rough year, especially this time of year is not easy. Even tho it is a beautiful season it also speaks of a melancholy which is hard to explain.

I hope you have a wonderful sleep with one of your beautiful dreams

Hugs

[hundi]

Catherine76

Reply with quote  #254 
Hi Bruce,

I am new to this forum and came here to find some like-minded souls, or maybe ways to cope. Your story about Chandler is so moving and I feel so similar about my baby girl. I am grieving for my sweet Banshee, a big fluffy orange and white kitty who looks like she could be Chandler's cousin. I adopted her at 9 weeks and she made it to 17.5 years. She's been my constant companion, she just wants me to be happy, and always gave me heaps of love and affection no matter what. She's gotten me through so many tough times and I don't know how to live without her. The grief is just so raw, so all-consuming, it feels like I will never be the same again. I cry constantly. Food tastes like nothing. I don't sleep well. I'm not sure what to do so I came here. I guess I just wanted to say thank you for your story and I understand completely. I hope against hope than I can learn how to function again.

-Cat

Reply with quote  #255 
Dear Cat,

Thank you so much for your reply. Please accept my deepest condolences for your loss of Banshee. 17.5 years of love you have given her, and that she so obviously gave back to you, is a blessing and a gift. The rawness is so consuming, and that's understandable considering you've been together so long! It takes a long time, but the joy of their lives eventually begins to overshadow the weight of their deaths. Don't forbid yourself to grieve, cry, yell or scream. Share Banshee's story!

You are in the right place, Cat. No one here judges; they support. We have been there, so anything that may seem not right to you now has surely been felt by all of us. We can tell stories and laugh, then cry, then breathe again. It's all part of the process, and although it takes time we begin to live again.

This forum has supported me through losing Chandler and Phoebe, for at a few points my grief was so deep I didn't feel like I was functioning. But I did, and I have. Their mother is getting older and I am terrified of losing her, too, but at least now I know a lot of people are here to help me through. You'll have that support, too!

So tell us about Banshee. :-)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.