Forum

Author   Comment   Page 14 of 25     «   Prev   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   Next   »
Chandlers_Dad

Reply with quote  #196 
Marie, I think I am the one around here who enjoys the smell of Sharpies, not the cats, lol.

The hospital that euthanized Chandler and Phoebe also sent cards. They took pawprints and saved locks of hair, too. The staff and especially the doctors there are so compassionate. The one who took care of Chandler when he first got I'll had tears in her eyes as Chandler drew his last breath.

Need to get Phoebe's "cookie jar" soon. Once I do, I will post a pic of I don't screw up the painting too much!
Marie123

Reply with quote  #197 
Hi, Sma! Yeah as a general rule Raven liked to stay clean but she did like to roll in weird stuff. I can't believe Ziggy liked the markers too. (Incidentally, I've got pet garden snails and one of my favorites was named Ziggy as well! And he was black!) It's just so odd the stuff they like.
Roswell and the rest are doing ok. Just did the final "bed-check" on everyone. The two black cats stay in my room at night so Phoenix, my big orange guy, doesn't drive them to distraction. I've got 4 cats total; Logan, Roswell, Phoenix and Argento, plus 13 snails, 3 newts, 3 banana slugs, and 4 Madagascar hissing cockroaches, all with cute names. I've had the newts and garden snails awhile but the bugs and slugs I just recently got to take my mind off of Raven's one-year anniversary. I think they're adorable in a gothic sort of way. A lot more interesting than you would think too! So many animals have the potential to be your friend if only given the chance.
I hope you're doing as well as can be expected too. I'll probably remember a dozen other weird things my crew does over the next few days.
Take care now 🐱🐺
sma23

Reply with quote  #198 
Bruce,

That was so nice of them to save locks of hair and taking paw prints. For me personally, I’d break down just at the sight of them; a collar’s good enough for me and I still have old photos to remember him by. I can’t wait to see the result of the cookie jar!

I hope you and India are doing well today.
sma23

Reply with quote  #199 
Marie,

Oh wow! You certainly have your hands full. I have an old friend from my younger days at school who had 3 dogs, 2 cats and a few birds. I’ll never understand how much time people have taking care of all these magnificent animals, but I really apprecaite those people for committing their time and love to giving those animals the needed attention.

Yeah, Ziggy liked anything that moved; the smell of sharpies was strong for him but he’s play with them if the cap’s on. Whenever I held him in my arms, he always went for my sweatshirt strings to chew on and snatch with his nails. That’s good to hear you and your cat crew are doing well! Please do give them a hug from me.
Marie123

Reply with quote  #200 
Hi, everyone. Yeah I've got a wild bunch here, that's for sure. At one time we had way more animals, but this is more than enough for me right now. They're sure a motley crew aren't they?
Yup, Raven would get high on the smell of sharpie markers. They do have quite an odor but she loved it.
That's so sweet that the vet did the pawprints and locks of hair, Bruce. I wish I'd had the prescence of mind to ask the cremation place to do that. But I've got a glasswork pendant made with some of Raven's ashes worked into the glass, and might do the same with Mo"s eventually. I hope you'll post pictures of the cookie jar when it's done!
Take care, everyone 🐱🐺⚘
Chandlers_Dad

Reply with quote  #201 
Funny (as in strange, not humorous) how the slightest things can bring everything back to the surface.

Today I have been thinking about Chandler. A lot. The sweetness of my little guy flooded me all over again. Had to shut my office door and be alone for a while. Just over 9 months and it still hurts this much.

Then, on the way home I heard "Hero" by Enrique Iglesias, and that's the song I heard the day I realized Phoebe was so ill, praying I wasn't going to lose her, too. I did lose her just three days later.

Today would have been my mother's birthday, and as close as I was to her, I am hurting more because of Chandler and Phoebe. Grief sucks, my friends... but you already know that! Thanks for being here, not just for me but for everyone else.
Marie123

Reply with quote  #202 
You're so welcome, Bruce. I know how it goes. A song, a line from a poem or book, even certain fragrances will turn me into a blibbering wreck all over again. I used to listen to Enya with Raven all the time, pick her up and dance around the kitchen with her. I sang old folk songs and lullabies to her. Now every time I hear anything like that I just cry. It's like scar tissue over a deep wound; you can tell it's still there, and if you hit it just right, it opens up and starts bleeding all over again. Like you said, it's odd, but it is what it is.
Sending my best to you and India tonight. Take care! 🐺🐱
Chandlers_Dad

Reply with quote  #203 
Marie, You are so right. You of all people know what I am saying. You are dealing with an unhappy milestone coming up in a few days, and yet you are still here for others. Bless you so much.

India jumped up on the sofa tonight. She never, ever does that. She smelled Phoebe up there -- Phoebe used to lounge up there -- and now she's a recluse again. As much as I hurt, I need to be there for her. This isn't typical anthropomorphic stuff... India is genuinely a mother missing her child. I have to leave for a week long conference in 2 weeks and am worried about her.
Marie123

Reply with quote  #204 
Jeez, Bruce, I can imagine. I can't bear to be away from my animals for more than a few hours, if that. And I LOVE to travel, that's the weird part. My friend asked me over to eat tonight and I just couldn't. Just once I wish they'd come to see me instead! The idea of leaving for a week freaks me out right now.
I'll say an extra prayer tonight for you and India. I lit Raven and Mo's candle as well, not just for them, but for you and your family as well, along with all the rest who could use a light to see through the darkness in their lives. My dear ones were a beacon to me, and I want to be the same for others.
Blessings 🐱🐺
Chandlers_Dad

Reply with quote  #205 
Marie, Sometimes I swear you're an angel here for all of us. Raven and Mo channel through you. Your love for them is matched only by their love for you. These two may be in Heaven now, but it sounds like they were close to it here, with you. Bless you and your crew, Marie.
Marie123

Reply with quote  #206 
Thank you, Bruce! I do my best to be what they were, and still are, to me. I've got an ornery streak a mile wide, but so did they, and it never got in the way of them being wonderful souls overall. I'm just glad I can help you and so many others. Give India an extra hug tonight from all of us, and may Chandler and Phoebe send their love to you 🐱🐺
Chandlers_Dad

Reply with quote  #207 
From another person with an ornery streak, I will do that, Marie! May Raven and Mo send their love to you, as well (and I know they do).
Marie123

Reply with quote  #208 
And I know Chandler and Phoebe send theirs to you as well, Bruce. All animals should be as lucky to have people who love them as much as you do yours, and I mine 🐱🐺
sma23

Reply with quote  #209 
Hi everyone.

I hope you’re all doing well. It’s now been two weeks since Ziggy had to be put down. I’m still in shock that it’s been two weeks. Not a day goes by without me stopping in the middle of something and just fondly remember his spazzy attitude from time to time. I’ve been adjusting life without him. Yes, I’m still heartbroken that I’ll never pick him up or hold him in my arms again, but I guess you could call it progress since I haven’t shed tears since the day after he had to be euthanized.

Zoey has been adjusting pretty well without her brother around. For the most part, she’s taken the sudden attention on her to heart and I have noticed her exhibiting some of Ziggy’s traits. She’s gotten herself to come onto my lap more often, she now talks to me - which something she didn’t do all the time like he did - and she’s become a lot more vocal when I pet her. Just sometime last week, she lied on my lap for almost two hours, which is amazing considering in the past, she only came and sat for about 5 minutes before getting off.

I hope you and your other companions are enjoying time together.
Chandlers_Dad

Reply with quote  #210 
Good evening, Sma,

Good to hear from you! I am glad you are doing so well. Sounds like Zoey is loving her extra attention. 5 minutes on your lap to almost 2 hours... that's really something. She obviously loves you and always has. It's funny how they channel the traits from before them, transforming into something they never were. Kind of like they were somehow squelched, but now can be more open.

Keep us posted on how you're doing, and how Zoey is giving more of her love -- as well as how much she's accepting yours!

Take care!
Bruce
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.