Forum

Author   Comment   Page 13 of 25     «   Prev   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   Next   »
Chandlers_Dad

Reply with quote  #181 
I used to get so irritated at Phoebe for dumping food on the floor. Guess that's easier than you having to clean Mo, though! I would give anything to have Phoebe here to make the mess again. I know you feel the same way.
Chandlers_Dad

Reply with quote  #182 
Sma,

Yes, they were definitely interesting, and it sounds like Ziggy was, too! He had your heart in his hands (paws, lol) and still does. Amazing he could down an entire hot dog! Did he like any people food in particular? And Zoey also washes her paws?? I thought Phoebe was alone in that arena! How is she doing this evening?

Bruce
sma23

Reply with quote  #183 
Bruce,

He was pretty close to eating some chocolate left on the countertop. Luckily, we stopped him in time before he could hurt himself. The hot dog was the only people food he ate. We were sitting down for dinner when we heard lips smacking, turned and saw him on the countertop. It later turned out he ate my sister’s hot dog and looking so pleased with himself lol.

I’ve caught her doing it in her room many times and it’s honestly strange. She takes care of herself pretty well, and I’m not sure how to deal with the fact she doesn't groom her paws? Just another interesting quirk of hers. She’s holding up great. Currently on my lap (I bet you $5 she’ll jump off within 10 minutes) and she has been adjusting to her new space very well.

How is India?
Chandlers_Dad

Reply with quote  #184 
India is doing pretty well this evening. Much like her usual self. She hurt her foot a couple of days ago but tonight seems fine.

Phoebe also washed her paws in the water. Always got irritated when I saw their drinking water was icky, but never did exterminate that behavior.

I bet on time Zoey will stay on your lap longer and longer. If she realizes she enjoys the ongoing attention, she'll probably start camping there!

Hope you are well this Monday evening. Keep us posted, Sma!

Bruce
Marie123

Reply with quote  #185 
I'm just laughing myself silly here reading all the funny things these cats ! One of my current cats, Argento (as in my favorite horror movie director, Dario Argento,) likes to scrape his front paws back and forth in front of the water bowl before taking a drink. What's up with that?! He also likes to roll on anthills and lick old, rotten wood! He used to wrestle with his hind feet but he's gotten so chunky he doesn't do it much anymore. Such a bunch of crazies we've got! 🐱🐺
Chandlers_Dad

Reply with quote  #186 
Wow, Marie, thinking we should write down the oddities of these kitties! If you, Sma, and I can come up with so many, how many others are out there?! Lots of laughs, for sure!
sma23

Reply with quote  #187 
Bruce,

It wasn’t even 10 minutes due to a phone call and had to get her off. A phone call. From Walgreens. I put her back onto my lap afterwards, only to watch her jump down a second later. Argh! Well, it was worth a try.

Marie, I’m laughing at your Argento’s stories - one of which mentioning him rolling on anthills. Never heard of that before! Zoey’s chunky as well, but we’ve gotten her weight down a bit. Happy about that though!
Chandlers_Dad

Reply with quote  #188 
Thought of something else Chandler played with me: peek-a-boo. Well, in all honesty, I was the one who enjoyed it. Ticked him off. He'd growl at me, jump on my lap, and give me the intimidating death stare to make me stop. (And I did.) Then he would return to being my loving little guy.

Someone told me about those video games on tablets for cats... bugs crawling across the screen, supposedly to make cats tap at the screen. Yeah, I tried that. Chandler looked at me with that "You HAVE to be kidding" look, while Phoebe tried to turn the tablet over to see what was underneath. India, on the other hand, couldn't be interrupted from her bath over in the corner.

Chandler couldn't hold his catnip. He'd sniff it, eat it, roll all over the floor violently, whip his tail, and stagger on in ecstasy. Phoebe would stare at it for a moment then go find a window to lick. And again India would look up momentarily in disdain from her bath in the corner.

Love these things about them!

Hope you are all well.

Bruce
Marie123

Reply with quote  #189 
Hi, Bruce! I'm cracking up here reading about all the quirky things your guys do. It's amazing how different each cat is.
Raven liked to roll in bird poop. Then she'd come running up to me and try to rub on my legs. She had some toys she really liked but her favorite things to do were either attack my shoelaces or yank stuff out of drawers. Mo, of course, liked to lie in the plate of food. He'd also lie in the middle of the floor when the cleaners came to mop and dust, absolutely refusing to move even when the son would try to move him (gently) out of the way with the mop! Raven, however, would sit on the dryer and glare at everyone. How I miss all that, even when it drove me to distraction!
I love all their different personality traits. It's amazing how much we miss even the annoying things they do. They get away with so much more than what humans probably would that's for sure! Maybe we SHOULD write a book lol!
Hoping everyone has a good evening 🐱🐺🐰
Chandlers_Dad

Reply with quote  #190 
Marie, I am laughing just as hard! The part about Raven rolling in bird poop then trying to "share" it with you cracked me up! I know cats want to play with anything but their toys is sooo true...And I will always laugh at the image of Mo lounging in his food! Think they're all plotting over the bridge over new ways to confuse us later?!? How we miss them so much, and their antics! Blessings to all.
Marie123

Reply with quote  #191 
Oh, Bruce, I know they're all coming up with new stuff to confuse us for sure! Their antics always kept me guessing, so I know it won't end just because they're in a different place now. How I wish they were still here to annoy me face-to-face, though. Raven always looked so proud of herself when she'd come trotting up to me after rolling in bird poop, making her little chirping sound and then trying to rub on my me! Like she was doing me such a favor! I miss that expression of hers so much!
Blessings 🐱🐺
Marie123

Reply with quote  #192 
And Sma, you're right. I've never had a cat that liked to roll on anthills and lick old rotten wood. Argento also likes to wrestle his own back feet, although since he's gained weight (I got him as a scrawny stray) he doesn't do it as much. My current female cat, Roswell, has become more loving since Raven left us, and likes to crawl under the covers with me on cold nights and sleep. I love that ❤🐱 It's been really cold here, still, so she's been doing it quite a bit. You won't hear me complaining though. It's those little things like that you've got to treasure every second of 🐺🐱⚘
sma23

Reply with quote  #193 
Marie,

Oh wow? She liked to roll in bird poop? I mean, Ziggy loved licking and chewing on plastic bags and his sister enjoys washing her paws either in her own water bowl or the the dog’s, but that’s definitely something I hadn’t heard a cat wanting to do. That was a interesting trait. Oh, the joys of our animals driving us crazy with their antics. You’re making me fondly remember all the good times I spent with Ziggy before he detoriated and had to be put down,

That reminds me. We just received a card in the mail from the vet who worked at the animal hospital where he was put to sleep. They wrote along the words of “We’re very deeply sorry for your loss of Ziggy...” and so on. It was a heartwarming gesture and I want to be sure to tell them my deep appreciation for all they could do to make him comfortable in his last few hours next time we have to drop his sister and the dog off before going out of town. They’ve been super great to work with us and we couldn’t have chosen a better place to take care of what’s left of our pets.

It’s now been 5 days since Ziggy had to be put to sleep. For the most part, I haven’t bawled since Sunday and that’s good progress so far. I’ve been doing my part on talking to his old collar as if he were still here and keeping him updated on how all of us have been doing since then. It’s soothing the heartbreak pretty well and I’m able to pet his sister without sinking to my knees and crying my heart out.

Thank y’all so much for helping me out of my slump with the great stories. I hope you all are having a great day!
Marie123

Reply with quote  #194 
You're so welcome Sma! Yeah Raven was definitely an oddball. She also loved the smell of my sharpie permanent markers and whenever I'd write myself a note or make out a shopping list, she'd be up there sniffing and rolling around on the fresh ink like it was a bed of roses, probably getting higher than a kite! I'll never understand some of the stuff she did but it was definitely...interesting. 😅
I got a card from our vet as well, signed by the staff and Dr. I thought it was such a nice gesture. It's nice that the "it's just a pet" attitude is becoming a thing of the past, although there will always be those people who think that way. I talk to Raven's urn every day, and my other cat Geronimo's as well. It does help in some small way.
I'm glad our stories could help you out some. I'll never cease to be amazed at the things our babies do, if only to make us scratch our heads!
Blessings 🐱🐺❤
sma23

Reply with quote  #195 
Marie,

I swear your Raven must have been Ziggy’s long lost cousin or something, because that’d be something he’d do with the sharpie. Rolling in bird poop.... eh... I’d have to say he wouldn’t consider doing that considering he loved to keep himself clean. I still remember fondly how I’d tease at times and although they weren’t his favorite, he knew I was just giving him love and attention which he deeply enjoyed. Running his face against my own - especially that one hat I wear when going on the college campus - was another thing he loved.

Catnip - oh he went nuts for that. It was fun seeing him react to it and nearly tearing his toys to shreds. Of course, we hadn’t put catnip on his old toys or his scratcher in so long since he started having issues. I wonder if his sister still reacts to it? She hasn’t had her share about the same time length.

I hope Roswell, your other kitty and yourself are doing well so far?
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.