Forum

Author   Comment   Page 11 of 25     «   Prev   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   Next   »
sma23

Reply with quote  #151 
Bruce,

I read your story on both Chandler and Phoebe and it really warmed my heart up, learning that Phoebe came to your side when you lost your Chandler. It broke me when I learned she passed only 8 months later. I can’t imagine the amount of grief you and your India are going through. If Zoey had also passed around the same time as your Phoebe did, I’d be devastated. I can only hope you are able to heal together.

Zoey somehow has sensed my sadness and actually let me pet her and invite her into my lap. Her positioning on my lap is very different from my Ziggy’s, she curls into a ball where Ziggy stretched himself out from my thighs to my feet. He was a super chatterbox and I loved having a conversation together. My sister, whom I thought didn’t care for Ziggy, had a similar breakdown. She was never a fan of cats, since dogs were her forte - it actually took a while for us to consider having a dog and we’re loving him so much. He turns 3 on June 2 - but she loved playing with them.

Hoping your Easter is full of healing to you all!
Chandlers_Dad

Reply with quote  #152 
Marie, You are not only among friends, you are an incredible one yourself. I know that Raven and Mo are loved as much as any furbaby ever could be! One comfort you can always, always have is knowing that they KNEW how much they were adored. I will be hugging you from Ohio on the 8th, sending extra love and best thoughts to you. Let those tears sneak up. Heck, let them cascade like a waterfall of you need to. Can't hide your love for those babies, and you don't have to.

Sma, It's funny how different these babies can be. Zoey may be inviting the affection, but it will be in her own way. My 3 were so different from each other, and although they all have given and taken my love, no 2 wanted it the same. Chandler was a chin nuzzler, Phoebe a lap cat, and India wants to perch when I have my legs crossed.

Happy Easter to all of you, too!

Bruce
sma23

Reply with quote  #153 
Bruce,

She definitely has given her affection in her own way. I can already tell she’s happy knowing that she has all the cat furniture to herself, some of Ziggy’s old toys - especially his carrot. He loved that old thing and before he passed, he attempted to play with it several times, but couldn’t due to the dog thinking he could join in - and especially since he isn’t around to beat her up anymore just because he felt frustrated.

For the most part, Ziggy was a lap cat. But from time to time, he liked to perch himself on the top of the couch behind our heads and run his face against ours. He especially loved to lay on blankets on our laps because it was comfortable for him. The night before we put him down, that was his actual last place besides his bed. It was my last time seeing and petting him as to comforting him in his final moments. I do have my regrets, but it’s for the best. Zoey, on the other hand, she doesn’t mind if she sits on a blanket or not. For some reason, she seems to love snuggling into clean clothes. Well, each cat has their own quirks and all: Ziggy with his fascination for plastic bags and Zoey for getting settled on clean clothes.

I can tell how much you adored both Chandler and Phoebe. They already sound like they were super loving companions. It saddens me to know they passed on within 8 months of each other. I trust India’s been doing okay since then?
sma23

Reply with quote  #154 
I have old photos of Ziggy on my physical camera from when he was about 3-5 yrs old; he was a handsome boy and his eyes were breathtaking.

This is Zoey. She is the fat one. She turns 11 this July, the same age Ziggy would have also been if he were still alive.

Attached Images
jpeg 5C9004A4-5501-4B4F-BB2F-087BF6764A15.jpeg (219.90 KB, 5 views)

Chandlers_Dad

Reply with quote  #155 
Sma,

I laughed at your earlier post about Ziggy and plastic bags. Maybe he loved the sound of them -- after all, people like crunchy foods because of the noise -- so maybe it was just really satisfying for him! Zoey liking clean clothes is an easy one, because cats tend to be persnickety. Ziggy sounds like such a loving little guy, and as sure as I am sitting here, I am certain he knew how much you loved him, and always will.

India has good days and bad days. She and Chandler weren't particularly close, but she grieved over him just the same. They really only tolerated each other. With Phoebe, though, she acted like a true mother cat for the next almost-13 years. They were always together, and they cuddled all the time. She still seems to be having a hard time but at least has become affectionate again. She will paw occasionally at Phoebe's cremains, and that breaks my heart.

Hoping you are faring alright as the 24 hour mark nears, my friend. Thinking of you.
Chandlers_Dad

Reply with quote  #156 
I replied to your other post before I saw the picture. Zoey is beautiful!! Her eyes look like clear marbles. I love black cats. Heck, I love ALL cats!
Chandlers_Dad

Reply with quote  #157 
Phoebe and India.

Attached Images
jpeg 20171013_233448.jpg (5.19 MB, 2 views)

Marie123

Reply with quote  #158 
Thank you, Sma23. I've always been partial to black cats too. I've got 2 others named Roswell and Argento, both rescues. They sure make life and adventure! Black cats rule 🐱
sma23

Reply with quote  #159 
Bruce,

To hear your kitty paw occasionally at Phoebe’s cremains, cue my heart breaking into pieces. I honestly wanted to keep Ziggy’s cremains to remember him by, but I couldn’t bear it since his death is so heavy on my mind. I do have old photos and his old collar to remember him and that’s enough for me. I’m sorry to hear India has her ups and downs, but I pray both you and her can heal together. She already sounds like a wonderful mom, caring for Phoebe before she passed.

When Ziggy and Zoey first met each other, she didn’t take well to him at all. Considering she was the first we adopted before bringing Ziggy in for the first time, it was expected to see that she thought she’d be the only cat around. But they tolerated each other, other than the fact he often picked on her. I’m 100% sure she’s pleased she doesn’t have to put up with it anymore. Your kitties sound like amazing pets. I can tell Chandler and Phoebe adored you and always will. Do give India my love and support for all she’s been through, for all you’ve been through.

Hope you enjoy your Easter!
sma23

Reply with quote  #160 
India and Phoebe are so beautiful! I always loved calico cats because of their unique fur colors. Their personalities are similar to both Ziggy and Zoey’s. No wonder I loved hearing your stories.

Ziggy’s eyes were shining gold with a hint of green. They always stood out to me against his dark hair.

Marie, those names are so cute. They sound like amazing cats.
Chandlers_Dad

Reply with quote  #161 
Sma, Please give Zoey a hug from me, as well. Hope you enjoy your Easter, too!
sma23

Reply with quote  #162 
Bruce,

I definitely will give her a hug from you. Do give India a hug for me, please? I hope you enjoy your Easter!
Chandlers_Dad

Reply with quote  #163 
She's here right now, and I hugged her extra just for you. Look forward to hearing from you more.
sma23

Reply with quote  #164 
Hello all,

it’s now been 24 hrs since Ziggy was put down due to health issues. With the fact of our cat not doing well and filing a police report on certain items being bought without our knowledge happening at the same time, it was not a good day for all of us. I’ve shed many tears as Ziggy was my close companion whom I’ve spent nearly 11 years with, and I’m very positive many more will come.

For the most part, I’m still heartbroken, but having to have talked and received words of support in return, I’m slowly starting to heal. It will be some time before I’m ready to get another kitty because although I still have his sister around, it’s not enough to fill the empty space that Ziggy left. Zoey has since then reached out to help in my grief, along with the dog. I couldn’t have asked for better pets. I’m personally feeling a bit better than yesterday, which was honestly the worst day of my life. So thank you for your continued support and I’ll do my best to keep y’all updated on how I’m doing and how Zoey’s been doing since Ziggy was put down.

I hope you all have a great Easter and that you all are giving your loved pets some much love and attention.
Chandlers_Dad

Reply with quote  #165 
Sma, Please do keep us all updated. You are going through the throes of raw grief right now. You are right that many tears are to come... you are still at the starting gate right now. Zoey already realizes how much you need her, and she'll be there for you. Thinking the best for you.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.