maxs_mom
Thank you everyone who had kind words for my loss of Max. I know that each of you are dealing with you own loss so you know how I feel. I can't stop crying. I am at work for 3 days and nights as a care-giver so I am not even at home and I can't stop crying, what will I do when I get back home and he is not there? I lost my 16 1/2 yr old cat Scooter 4 yrs ago to a bladder blockage. He was gone when I got home from work and I am not really over him yet and now to lose Max this way is killing me. I have 5 more girl kitties at home from 10 to 14 yrs. I go home to check on them and not seeing Max waiting on the bookcase by the door is too hard. Wish I could just go to sleep and stay asleep, but I know that is not possible. This grief is overwhelming.
Quote 0 0
Manjack
Max's mom
I read your original post and I want to tell you how sorry I am that you have lost your precious Max.

I hope that when you can take a step back and evaluate the situation you will know that you gave Max the last gift that you could when you let him go.
As hard as it is for us to say goodbye we have to make those difficult decisions for our pets. Think about the quality of life he would have had if you had kept him alive. I had to make the same decision for my dog 4 weeks and 5 days ago. He was sick, weak, refusing to eat. He was no longer interested in belly rubs. He just wanted to sleep. There was no coming back from his illness so we let him go. I have cried an ocean of tears ...tears of loneliness and missing him but no tears of regret.

Yes, the grief is overwhelming! I know exactly how you feel. Many, many others in this forum also share your grief and sadness. We are all here because we have lost a cherished pet. However you have to be there for your other cats. They depend on you and their needs can be a focus for you to help you be able to put one foot in front of the other.

Others who have lost a pet tell us that time helps. I believe it is true and that unfortunately there are no short cuts.
Know that we share your pain and are here for you. Be kind to yourself and take the time to grieve.
Quote 0 0